This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Learn How to Cut Lime Wedges to use them in multiple ways. Wedges are perfect to garnish your favorite drink or to squeeze into your favorite recipes.
How to Cut Lime Wedges:
Cutting Lime Wedges is a simple technique that can be used for your favorite drinks or recipes. Cutting limes the right way prevents the juices from the limes squirting back at you.
When you add a wedge on the rim as a garnishment to your cocktails or drinks it adds enhancement to your presentation. Learning how to cut lime wedges is easy to do but is essential to your bartending skills.
Not only do we like lime to garnish our favorite drink but wedges are used for many recipes. Just make sure you have a cutting board and a sharp paring knife.
How are wedges served?
Citrus wedges are a great garnishment to many adult cocktails. When your drink is served, a citrus wedge is usually sliced and on the rim of a glass. A larger wedge, allows you to squeeze the citrus flavor into your drink as your drink.
Cutting a Lime Wedge the correct way:
When a recipe calls for a lime garnishment here is the steps to cutting it correctly. You can use these same cuts for lemon.
- Trim the Edges – Take the lime and place on a cutting board. With your sharp knife, trim the edges off each end of the lime.
- Cut the Core – Cut the core in a v-shaped small cut length wise on each half of the lime on the cut side.
- Cut into Wedges – Then take each half of the lime and cut into wedges.
- Trim the Wedges – Trim the white pieces off the lime wedges and then they are ready to use in your favorite recipes or drinks.
Cutting Wedges Tips:
- Wash Lime – Make sure to wash your lime to remove any dirt and grim. Also remove any stickers.
- Soften Lime – If you would like to soften lime to easier squeeze, roll on a hard counter with your hand.
Lime adds flavor to recipes:
We love to squeeze lime into our favorite recipes. Rather we are making our favorite Mexican dish, or making homemade dressing. The citrus flavor really helps to bring all the flavors together.
How long do wedges last?
When you cut a lime into wedges they need to be refrigerated. This extends how long limes last. Uncut limes can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
How to Store:
If you have unused lime wedges, make sure they are stored properly. They will last about 3-4 days if wrapped in plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container.
Print the instructions here:
How to Cut a Lime Wedge
- Take the lime and place on a cutting board. With your sharp knife, trim the edges off each end of the lime.
- Cut the core in a v-shaped small cut length wise on each half of the lime on the cut side.
- Then take each half of the lime and cut into wedges.
- Trim the white pieces off the lime wedges and then they are ready to use in your favorite recipes or drinks.