How to Cut Lemon Wedges the right way so you can get all the lemon juice. Lemon wedges are used to squeeze juice into recipe or for drinks.
How to cut Wedges Perfect:
These steps will help you cut lemon wedges perfect so you squeeze into your favorite recipes. We also use lemon wedges to squeeze into our favorite cocktails.
Cutting lemon wedges the correct way, make sure that you get all the juices from the lemon.
Wash Lemon First:
It is important to wash your lemon first. Especially if you are zesting the lemon. Lemons have been handled by a lot of people, so we always give them lemon a good scrub.
What do you need:
When preparing to cut your lemons, make sure that you the following supplies.
- Paring Knife
- Cutting Board
How to cut a Lemon:
The following steps will help you slice the lemon correctly so you will have the perfect wedges. It is best cut lemon that is at room temperature.
1. Cut off the ends
For better presentation for your wedges, we like to start by cutting off the ends of the lemon. Place lemon on the its side on the cutting board, and cut off both ends.
2. Cut the lemon in half
Once you have cut the ends off, cut stand lemon lengthwise in half. Roll the lemon on the cutting board and cut right down the middle with a sharp knife.
3. Cut each half in to 4 pieces
Take one half of the lemon and cut into 4 pieces. Place lemon side down on the cutting board and slice into 4 wedges. You will end up with 8 wedges.
4. Cut the inside off of each wedge
Take each wedge and cut the white part out. This helps with presentation and to slice to put on cocktails.
How to use Wedges:
- Great for drinks
- Squeezed over Grilled Fish or Chicken
- Baked goods
How to Store Wedges:
Once you have cut your lemon into wedges, place them in a air tight container and place in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for about 3 to 4 days.
Recipes with Lemon to try:
Print instructions on how to cut wedges here:
How to Cut Lemon Wedges
- Take the lemon and place on a cutting board. With your sharp knife, trim the edges off each end of the lime.
- Cut the core in a v-shaped small cut length wise on each half of the lemon on the cut side.
- Then take each half of the lemon and cut into wedges.
- Trim the white pieces off the lemon wedges and then they are ready to use in your favorite recipes or drinks.