This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Lemon Angel Food Cake Recipe is a delicious cake recipe that is made with 2 ingredients. Add a whipped cream topping with slice lemons for a tasty recipe.
This 2 ingredient cake recipe is always a crowd favorite. There is no need for cake flour, granulated sugar, oil, or eggs to make this recipe. This fluffy cake is loaded with lemon flavor. It can be made in a 9×13 pan or a ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Angel Food Cake Mix (16 ounces)
- Lemon Pie Filling (21 ounces)
- Whipped Topping (8 ounces)
How to Make Lemon Angel Food Cake:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 – Mix Ingredients – In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and the lemon pie filling.
- Step 3 – Pour into Baking Pan – Pour the mixture into a 9X13 baking pan or cake pan.
- Step 4 – Bake Cake – Bake for 30-33 minutes. The top will be fluffy and cracker and the center will sink in slightly.
- Step 5 – Cool Cake – Let the cake cool completely at room temperature.
- Step 6 – Serve and Enjoy – Top with the whipped topping and then the cake is ready to serve and enjoy!
Why we Love this Angel Food Cake:
- Easy Ingredients – This cake can easily be made with 2 ingredients. Additional ingredients for the toppings but is delicious without it.
- Quick to Make – If you need a last minute dessert, make this Angel Food Cake. Loaded with lemon flavor and is always a crowd favorite.
- Light and Refreshing – There is something about lemon flavor that just makes me happy. This cake is soft, fluffy and everyone loves it. Another family is easy ingredient lemon bars.
- Angel Food Cake – To make this recipe so easy, we used a angel food cake mix. But you can easily use a Homemade Angel Food Recipe that is made with egg whites, unsalted butter, and more. There is no need to add water to the angel food cake mix.
- Lemon Filling – Pick the lemon filling 21 ounce can. This is the same pie filling that is used in lemon pies.
- Cooking Spray – In this recipe, there is no need to spray the baking pan with cooking spray. You want the angel food cake to rise up in the pan. If you spray to much grease, it cause the cake to not to bake properly.
- Spread Mixture – Spread the angel food cake mixture evenly in the 9×13 baking dish. The cake batter will be thick so we use a rubber spatula to spread the mixture.
- Mixing Ingredients – We stir the ingredients by hand in a small bowl in a medium bowl. But you can also use a electric mixer.
- Baking Cake – You will know the bake is done cooking when it is golden brown on top. This cake will be fluffy and crack on the top. It usually takes about 35 minutes to bake the cake, but cooking times may vary.
- Cooling Cake – Make sure the cake has cooled to room temperature before frosting. We like to place the cake on a wire rack to cool completely.
This cake is a perfect low calorie option and so we try to keep our toppings low calories as well. Here are some of our favorites.
- Whipping Topping
- Slice Lemons
- Fresh Berries
- Cool Whip
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Make a Lemon Glaze
- Dust with Powdered Sugar
How to Serve
We love that this dessert is fancy enough to serve for any occasion. It can be served many different ways. Serve it with a whipped topping or with ice cream. It is light and refreshing with fresh berries.
The whipped cream and extra slice lemons are optional but they really make the cake even more amazing. Everyone will love this easy Lemon Angel Food cake.
- Change Pie Filling – We love the lemon flavor. But you can change it to a strawberry pie filling or a peach pie filling.
- More Lemon Flavor – If you love lemon as much as we do. Add in lemon zest or lemon juice to the mixture. You can even add in a few drops of lemon extract.
- Topping – Feel free to change the topping or serve it without. You can even leave the cool whip and ½ cup of berries on the side. Everyone can top it how they prefer.
What Flavor is Angel Food Cake?
Angel food cake is a simple, light and fluffy cake. It almost has a texture like a marshmallow. It has a light vanilla sweetness to it.
We love angel food cake as it is a light version a traditional cake or shortcakes. Angel Food Cake can easily be prepared from scratch, picked up at your local bakery or purchase in a box mix.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Lemon Angel Food Cake
- 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix 16 ounces
- 1 can Lemon Pie Filling 21 ounces
- 8 oz Whipped Topping 8 ounces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cake mix and the lemon pie filling.
- Pour the mixture into a 9X13 baking pan.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes. The top will be fluffy and cracker and the center will sink in slightly.
- Let the cake cool completely at room temperature.
- Top with the whipped topping and then the cake is ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe