This simple mandarin orange angel food cake recipe only needs 3 simple ingredients! The result is a super moist cake that can easily be thrown together in minutes.
3 Ingredient Orange Angel Food Cake
You are going to be wowed by this super simple mandarin orange angel food cake recipe. You just need 2 to 3 ingredients and this simple dessert comes together beautifully! Everyone will be shocked when you tell them how simple it was to make. If you’re always on the lookout for easy desserts, here are some more easy cake recipes.
My mom makes a very similar cake to this easy orange angel food cake but she uses crushed pineapple and it is amazing. The cake is super moist and packed with flavor from the canned fruit.
However, some of my kids don’t like pineapple so we decided to try out an orange cake and see what happens. The result is a really moist cake that is packed with the delicious mandarin flavor. Everyone loves this easy cake recipe!
If you love mandarin oranges (and who doesn’t?) you are going to love this fun angel food cake.
- Mandarin Oranges
- Angel food cake mix (make sure that you get the kind that only requires water)
- Cool whip; optional
Equipment you need:
How to make orange angel food cake:
- First, drain the juice off the mandarin oranges and pour the mandarin oranges into a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher or your hand mixer to crush the mandarin oranges.
- Then pour the angel food cake mix into the bowl with the crushed mandarin oranges.
- After you’ve added the cake mix, mix them until well blended on medium speed.
- Next, pour the mixture into the cake pan. DO NOT spray the pan with non stick spray first. You could also bake this angel food cake in the traditional tube pan if you wanted to. You would need to increase the baking time to about 35-40 minutes.
- Lastly, bake your orange angel food cake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Once your cake is baked, allow it to cool completely. I’ve made the mistake of not allowing it to cool, once!
- After the cake is completely cooled, cover with the optional whipped topping and enjoy! If you happen to have leftovers, be sure to store them in refrigerator in a covered dish.
Try some other flavor ideas:
- Use crushed pineapple instead of the canned mandarin oranges.
- Try a jar of cherries
- Want more orange flavor? Add in 1/2 tsp of orange extract.
What other ideas do you have?
If you like this recipe, try this easy Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe.
Print your Mandarin Orange Angel Food Cake Recipe below:
Just 3 ingredients is all you need for for this delicious mandarin orange angel food cake recipe. It is super moist and can be thrown together in minutes.
- 15 oz can of mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1 box angel food cake mix (must be one that only requires water)
- 8 oz whipped topping (cool whip)
Thoroughly drain the mandarin oranges and place them in a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher or your hand mixer to crush the mandarin oranges.
Then pour in the angel food cake mix.
Mix on medium until well blended.
Pour in the cake pan. DO NOT spray the pan with non stick spray first.
Baked at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Allow to cool completely.
Then cover with the cool whip and enjoy!
Refrigerate the leftovers (covered) for up to 5 days day.
More angel food cake recipes:
Also try these easy cakes:
- Easy Ice cream Cake Recipe
- Skinny Chocolate Cupcakes (only 80 calories each!)
- S’mores Cupcakes Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Lava Cake
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Crock pot Cherry Dump Cake
- Better than Sex Cake
- How to Make Ice Cream Cake
- Easy Coffee Cake Recipe – The Best Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe