Make this easy pineapple angel food cake recipe today! With just 2 ingredients everyone will love this angel food cake with pineapple and you’ll love how easy it is!
Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe
This pineapple angel food cake recipe is one that is going to shock you – seriously shock you. You just need 2 ingredients to make the cake – 3 if you count the optional whipped cream on top.
Seriously, this simple angel food cake recipe is going to shock you because all you need is angel food cake and crushed pineapple to make it. From start to finish this cake is done in about 35 minutes!
It is simple, delicious and it is easy.
What more do you want in light and refreshing cake for Summer?
Angel food cake and Pineapple
Angel food cake with crushed pineapple make the perfect cake! It’s easy and loaded with flavor! When I first heard of this recipe I didn’t believe there was any way it would turn out. But boy was I wrong, friends!
One bite of this cake and you will be hooked! Your friends will be begging for you to tell them your secret! It’s up to you on whether or not you share that it only has 2 ingredients!
A couple of things to note with this recipe. While it only has 2 ingredients, it is important that you have the exact sizes of both the cake mix and the crushed pineapple. For the crushed pineapple, it also needs to be in juice and not syrup for this recipe to turn out.
The Angel Food Cake Mix that you use needs to be the kind that only takes water. The mixes that require eggs or other additional ingredients will not bake up right with only adding the pineapple. So keep that in mind when you’re shopping for ingredients.
- Crushed pineapple (mine was 20 oz)
- Angel food cake mix (the kind where you just mix water, usually Betty Crocker mix works!)
- Container of cool whip – thawed (optional)
How to make Pineapple Angel Food Cake:
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, in a large bowl combine the angel food cake mix and the crushed pineapple. Mix well with a hand mixer.
- Then pour mixture into a 9×13 baking dish (no need to spray the pan) and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown. The cake will fluff up but it will settle as it cools. Allow it to cool completely. You can also bake this pineapple angel food cake in a tube pan. It will increase the baking time to 40-45 minutes, though.
- Lastly, spread thawed cool whip (or homemade whipped cream) over the top and serve. If you want to take it up a notch, sprinkle with shredded coconut, too!
I told you this cake was easy to make. It is delicious with or without the cool whip and perfect for a hot Summer day.
Tips for this Recipe:
- Do not spray the pan before adding the batter. It’s ok to let it stick. This is the only cake recipe that I will ever say that to! The recipe will not work if you spray the pan so resist the urge to do so!
- Make sure to get the right ingredients. You will need the correct ingredients for this cake to work correctly so double check them before buying!
- Top with your favorite toppings – I love topping this with extra pineapple, cool whip or even shredded coconut. The coconut and pineapple taste great together!
Some call this Weight Watchers Cake Recipe. It is delicious whatever you may call it!
Print your recipe below:
2 Ingredients Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 box Angel food cake mix (the kind where you just add water)
- 1 Container of Whipped Topping (thawed – 8 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the angel food cake mix and the crushed pineapple.
- Mix well with a hand mixer.
- Pour into a 9×13 pan (no need to spray the pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- The cake will fluff up but it will settle as it cools. Allow it to cool completely.
- Spread thawed cool whip over the top and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Angel Food cake recipes:
- Mandarin Orange Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Angel Food Cupcakes – Under 60 Calroies Each
- 2 Ingredient Strawberry Angel Food Cake