If you love pineapple and need a simple dessert, this Baked Pineapple Dessert is a must try. The pineapple gets caramelized as it bakes and each bite is sweet and delicious.
Baked Pineapple Dessert
We love pineapple so my family was super excited to try this Baked Pineapple Dessert . Oh my goodness! It was amazing!
If you have never baked pineapple, you are seriously missing out. I love when Aldi has a sale on pineapple because we can get them super cheap.
Our entire family loves fresh fruit so I thought why not Baked Pineapple? Honestly, I am not a huge fan of warm pineapple, but this actually makes a nice dessert and I really loved it!
Now if you are feeling decadent and why not? 🙂 Vanilla ice cream is a must in my book. The cold ice cream melts on the warm pineapple and it is so delicious.
I can’t wait for you to try this! If you have a few extra minutes, try this Easy homemade vanilla ice cream recipe with the baked pineapple.
What do you need to make this baked pineapple recipe?
- lemon juice
- brown sugar
- vanilla ice cream (optional but oh so amazing!)
How to make baked pineapple recipe without bread:
First preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix lemon juice and brown sugar together in a large bowl or mixing bowl.
Next, slice the pineapple to the desired size. Our slices were about 1/2″ thick and it yielded 7 slices. It was a small pineapple.
Pour all of that delicious brown sugar glaze over the pineapple slices. Yum!
Broil for just a few minutes until the edges are slightly toasted.
It is that easy!
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you are all set to enjoy the best dessert! If you are feeling fancy, add a mint sprig to have a really awesome dessert with very little effort!
If you are looking for “caramelized pineapple” “oven” recipes, this is the one to try!
Even if you are like me and thought you might not like warm pineapple, give this a try. You will see how delicious it is.
This is the perfect recipe that does not require slices bread, white bread or any type of bread at all! Just a few simple ingredients and you have the perfect side dish or dessert.
Not only does this make an amazing dessert but you can serve the slices alone with holiday ham, as a side dish and more! Everyone will love it.
What other options can you try for this baked pineapple dessert?
- If you do not have fresh pineapple, try using crushed pineapple or pineapple chunks in a prepared baking dish. It will still be amazing but have more of a baked pineapple pineapple casserole consistency.
- Instead of a baking sheet, you can use a casserole dish if you would like to serve it that way.
- Add caramel sauce on top of the ice cream for an extra treat or even cool whip. 🙂
- Omit the ice cream and serve this as a side dish to ham, chicken and lots more! Grilled chicken or baked ham would be amazing with this. We really love this!
Tips for making baked pineapple recipe:
The pineapple juice does get caramelized so it can make up clean up a little tricky. To solve this, just use aluminum foil or baking mats.
This will make clean up a breeze.
Try this delicious and easy baked pineapple dessert today.
I love that this is so easy but delicious. It really is so tasty.
Unlike some of those other recipes that are casserole style dishes and call for multiple ingredients, this is very simple. Just a few really simple ingredients and this comes together with little fuss.
This is a great way to use up pineapple when it goes on sale. You can quickly and easily have a dessert with hardly any work at all.
It is easy enough to make any day of the week but tasty enough to serve for company. Give this one a try!
We are all about keeping it simple and easy. This is just another great recipe that proves it does not have to be complicated or expensive to enjoy a great dessert!
Print this baked pineapple recipe below:
If you love pineapple and need a simple dessert, Baked Pineapple Dessert is a must try. The pineapple gets caramelized as it bakes and each bite is amazing.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Fresh Pineapple
- 1/2 gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
Mix lemon juice through brown sugar in a small bowl.
Slice pineapple to desired thickness (mine were about ½" thick and my small pineapple yielded 7 slices).
Place the pineapple on a foil lined cookie sheet.
Pour brown sugar glaze over each slice.
BROIL for 10-15 minutes or until slightly toasted on the edges.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you're all set! Add a mint sprig and you're looking at a very fancy dessert with very little effort! ?
Try these other easy pineapple recipes:
- Pineapple Lemonade Slushie Recipe
- 2 Ingredients Pineapple Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Pineapple Upside Down Cupcakes recipe
Try these other easy desserts:
- Easy Ice cream Cake Recipe
- Skinny Chocolate Cupcakes recipe (only 80 calories each!)
- S’mores Cupcakes Recipe
- Crock pot Cherry Dump Cake Recipe
- Easy Coffee Cake Recipe – The Best Cinnamon Roll Cake Recipe
- Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Microwave Fudge Recipe
- Saltine Cracker Toffee Recipe
- 3 Ingredient Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- Quick and Easy Rolo Pretzels Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Quick and Easy Cake Ball Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Recipe
- Oreo Magic Bars Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Treats