Disney Dole Whip Recipe is a refreshing treat with easy ingredients. This iconic Disney World treat is a family favorite that we can make at home.
Copycat Disney Dole Whip Recipe:
If you have ever been to Disney Parks than you know the love for this famous treat. Dole Whip is cool and refreshing and the perfect treat to have on a hot summer day.
We have even been known to make this 3 ingredient copycat recipe all year long. All you need is a blender to combine the ice cream, frozen pineapple and pineapple juice together.
Once you see how easy this is, your only regret will be not making this sooner. Try it today and start enjoying these at home anytime you want. You will be so glad you tried this!
What is Dole Whip?
Dole Whip is combined with vanilla soft serve and frozen pineapple and juice. It was created originally by Dole. Then in 1986, Disneyland Tiki Bar starting serving Dole Whip on aloha isle.
It is now throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks and Magic Kingdom. Disney Springs and sunshine tree terrace also serves this popular treat.
Dole Whip Ingredients:
- Ice Cream
- Pineapple Juice
- Frozen Pineapple
How to Make Disney Dole Whip:
- Blend Ingredients – Add all ingredients to a blender until it’s thick.
- Swirl into a glass – Then serve and enjoy.
Dole Whip Disney World Tips:
- Blender – We recommend using a very powerful blender. We like using a Vitamix Blender to crush the frozen pineapple chunks. It does cost a little more than a regular blender but it will last forever.
- Make a Dole Whip Float – Fill a glass with pineapple juice then add dole whip. This makes the perfect pineapple float.
- Different Flavors – Use different flavors of fruit such as watermelon, strawberry and coconut. We love to get creative when make this frozen treat.
- Add Juice First – We recommend adding the juice first to the blender. It is better on your blend when it has the liquid closes to the blade.
- Consistency of the Dole Whip – If you want a thicker consistency, add in more ice cream. If you want it thinner add in more juice.
- Serve Immediately – Once the Dole Whip has been blended, serve the dessert treat immediately. You can also place in the freezer so it doesn’t melt if you are not ready to serve.
What is Dole Whip made of?
The traditional Disneyland Dole Whip is now made vegan, made with non-dairy creamer, sugar, natural flavoring and coloring. But we like to make things simple with frozen pineapple chunks, vanilla ice cream and pineapple juice.
That is another reason why we love making copycat recipes. We can make it using easy ingredients and nothing that we can’t pronounce. They usually end up tasting better.
Can I make Pineapple Dole Whip Dairy Free?
Yes, you can make this dairy free. Simply substitute the vanilla ice cream for coconut milk for a dairy free, vegan treat.
How to Make Dole Whip Swirl:
If you would like to make a dole whip swirl, place the dole whip in the freezer. After about 30 to 45 minutes place the frozen dole whip in a piping bag. Place a 1M star tip at the end and swirl into a glass.
These swirls would be a great idea to serve in fun glasses at a BBQ or for a kids birthday party. We like to serve these when we are hanging out by the pool.
The kids like adding cherries on top to complete their Dole Whip Swirls.
- Pineapple Chunks – You can use fresh pineapple instead of frozen pineapple chunks if that is what you have on hand. We have even used diced pineapple or shredded. It will turn out delicious either way!
- Add Coconut Milk – You can add coconut milk if you don’t want the dole whip as thick. Just add the coconut milk until it is the desired consistency.
- Change the Fruit Flavor – Use different fruit such as strawberry, mango, lemon, orange, or raspberry instead of pineapple.
- Make it Sweeter – If you want it sweeter, add in a couple of tablespoons of sugar.
Enjoy Disney Dole Whip at Home:
This Dole Whip Recipe is so easy and so refreshing. You don’t need to wait until a trip to the theme parks anymore.
If you love getting this at Walt Disney World or Disneyland, you will love being able to enjoy this any day of the week.
Plus, you will save a ton of money too. They are definitely not cheap to buy and you can make a ton for a fraction of the price. I love being able to serve my family fabulous treats on a budget.
It definitely can be done and this recipe is a delicious and easy example. Make this today and let us know how it turned out.
I love reading comments once you try recipes at home! It is sure to be a hit with your family! We absolutely love it!
Print Recipe here for Disney Dole Whip:
Disney Dole Whip
- 2 big scoops of ice cream
- 8 ounces pineapple juice
- 4 cups frozen pineapple
- Add all ingredients to a blender until it’s thick.
- Swirl into a glass.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe