This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Pineapple Casserole is a popular southern dish. It is loaded with pineapple. cheese, and topped with crushed crackers. It is delicious and easy to make.
Pineapple Casserole Recipe:
Pineapple Cheese Casserole is a tasty casserole dish that is perfectly served with you Easter ham. It easy to make and the sweet and savory flavor make it a crowd favorite casserole.
You may think that the ingredients consisting of pineapple, cheese and flour is an odd combination. But trust me when I say that you will be amazed how delicious it taste.
The ingredients combine together in a mixing bowl and then baked for about 45 minutes. The whole family will love this dish and it will become a family tradition casserole.
If you love pineapple, also try Pineapple Fluff.
Can you Use Fresh Pineapple?
When we make recipes, we always try to make sure to use the freshest ingredients. But with this pineapple casserole, we stick to the the canned pineapple. If you use fresh pineapple it tends to not be as sweet.
The texture of fresh pineapple is more on the tough side. The canned pineapple goes through a process that makes it softer and sweeter.
We do not recommend fresh pineapple for this recipe.
- All Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Pineapple Tidbits, drained
- Crushed Pineapple, drained
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Ritz Crackers (approximately 30-40 crackers), crushed
- Butter, melted
How to Make Pineapple Casserole:
- Prepare oven and backing pan – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray either a 9×9 baking dish or a 1 ½ quart casserole pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Add to bowl and combine – In a medium bowl or large bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar. Then stir in the drained pineapple and the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pour into a baking dish – Pour this mixture into the baking dish or casserole pan.
- Mix butter and cracker crumbs – In a separate small mixing bowl, stir together the crushed crackers and melted butter.
- Add to Casserole – Sprinkle this mixture on top of the casserole.
- Bake Casserole – Bake for 35-40 minutes until the casserole is heated through and the top of the casserole is golden browned.
- Serve and Enjoy – Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
This pineapple mixture is great saved as is. But you can also add in other ingredients to jazz it up.
- Nuts – Mix in some chopped walnuts or chopped pecans.
- Coconut – Shredded coconut is also a good option if you like coconut.
- Cherries – Maraschino Cherries halved always makes a dish beautiful and tasty with the pops of red.
- Seasoning – Add ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg to give it a deep flavor.
- Mix Together – Any of these combination would work well together in this casserole dish.
Pineapple Casserole Tips:
- Serving – This casserole can easily be a dessert or a side dish.
- Drain Pineapple Juice – Make sure to drain the juice as much as possible before mixing with other ingredients.
- Canned Pineapple – We recommend canned pineapple for this recipe. Pineapple chunks, tidbits, and crushed is what we recommend.
- Baking Casserole – We bake casserole until it is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve Hot – This dish is best served warm while the cheese is melted.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers covered for up to 4-5 days.
How to Reheat:
You can easily reheat the leftovers in the oven or the microwave to reheat and enjoy your leftovers. If you prefer to reheat in the oven bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Print Recipe here for Pineapple Casserole:
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 can Pineapple Tidbits drained
- 1 can Crushed Pineapple drained
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 Sleeve Ritz Crackers approximately 30-40 crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray either a 9×9 baking dish or a 1 ½ quart casserole pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar. Then stir in the drained pineapple and the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Pour this mixture into the baking dish or casserole pan.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, stir together the crushed crackers and melted butter.
- Sprinkle this mixture on top of the casserole.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the casserole is heated through and the top of the casserole is browned.
- Serve immediately while warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe