This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Pineapple Fluff is the perfect side dish and full of tropical flavors. This pineapple fluff salad is made with simple ingredients and is so delicious.
Easy Pineapple Fluff Recipe:
This no bake desserts is one of our favorite recipes to make. It can be served as a side dish or as a dessert. It is sweet, creamy and full of delicious flavors.
The ingredients are simple and is quick and easy to make. We have served it for a holiday dinner, potlucks, and made it for our summer BBQs. It is always a crowd favorite and pairs perfectly many different meats.
You can change the ingredients or add in your favorites. It is very light but also so decadent. I love it because it isn’t too heavy and can easily be served anytime of year.
What is Pineapple Fluff?
Pineapple fluff is a creamy and delicious dessert or side dish. It is easy to prepared and made with simple ingredients. It is a pineapple base recipe that is mixed with cool whip.
Marshmallows, vanilla instant pudding, and nuts are added to add flavor and texture. It the perfect no bake dessert to bring to any occasion throughout the year.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (3.4 ounces)
- Crushed Pineapple (not drained, 20 ounces)
- Whipped Topping (thawed)
- Mini Marshmallows
- Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- Pecans (chopped)
How to Make Pineapple Fluff:
- Step 1 – Mix Pudding and Pineapple – In a large bowl mix together the vanilla pudding mix and crushed pineapple.
- Step 2 – Stir in Whipped Topping – In the bowl, stir in the whipped topping until well combined.
- Step 3 – Stir in ingredients – Then stir in the marshmallows and shredded coconut.
- Step 4 – Cover and Chill – Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Step 5 – Serve and Enjoy – Serve topped with the chopped pecans. Enjoy!
Pineapple Fluff Recipe Tips:
- Mixing Ingredients – Combine ingredients together in a large bowl. Make sure to leave the juice in when mixing the pineapple with the pudding mix.
- Chill Salad – The salad needs to chill for at least 2 hours. Which makes the perfect salad to make ahead of time.
Recipe Pineapple Fluff Variation Ideas:
- Shredded Coconut – This salad is delicious even if you omit the shredded coconut. You can also substitute it for coconut cream pudding or add in coconut extracts.
- Pina Colada – If you love the taste of a pina colada, then add in rum extract. I add this in during the summer months.
- Nuts – We love to top with crushed nuts but you can use crushed pretzels or sliced almonds.
- Cream Cheese – For a creamier flavor, add in cream cheese. Make sure it is softened to room temperature.
- Maraschino Cherries – For added in color and flavor fold in maraschino cherries.
- Whipped Cream – We used cool whip in this recipe, but if you prefer you can make homemade whipped cream. Make sure when combining ingredients that stiff peaks form.
- Lemon Juice – For added flavor, squeeze in fresh lemon juice.
- Cottage Cheese – Cottage cheese is a great addition to this recipe. Feel free to substitute it for the whipped cream or you can mix with the other ingredients.
- Chocolate Chips – Another addition that is delicious, add in mini chocolate chips.
- Pudding Flavors – Feel free to use different pudding flavors to make this recipe.
Can I Prepare Ahead of Time?
Yes, this is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time. As the recipe card indicates, the salad needs to chill for a few hours. I think it taste even better when I make it the night before serving.
How to Serve Pineapple Fluff:
Depending on when and where you are serving this fluff, there are many ways to serve it.
- Ice Cream – Serve over the top of vanilla ice cream for a creamy and delicious option.
- Serve as Dip – This is the perfect dip to serve with fruit such as apple slices, strawberries and bananas. It is also really tasty using vanilla wafers, graham crackers and golden oreo cookies for dipping.
- Serve over Cake – Make a pound cake or angel food cake and serve with this fluff salad.
Can I Use Fresh Pineapple in this Recipe?
Yes, you can use many variations of pineapple to make this recipe. You can use fresh, canned or jarred pineapple.
What to Serve with Pineapple Fluff:
If you are serving pineapple fluff as a side dish, you can easily make one of these delicious meats.
- Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs – Teriyaki chicken kabobs are tangy and sweet with lots of veggies, pineapple and chicken. Make these for your next cookout for an easy and budget friendly meal.
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Thighs – The dry seasoning combined with the barbecue sauce result in the absolute best grilled thigh recipe. Each bite from the inside all the way to the outer skin is loaded with flavor.
- Ultimate Chicken Casserole Recipe – This Ultimate Chicken Casserole Recipe is the best comfort food. Loaded with egg noodles, shredded chicken and bacon this casserole is an easy weeknight meal. This cooks easily in the oven.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. This salad may become runny after few days but still be delicious.
Can Pineapple Fluff be frozen?
This pineapple fluff does not store well in the freezer.
Why We love Pineapple Fluff Salad:
- The ingredients are simple, easy and can be found at your local grocery store.
- It is so light, fluffy and so refreshing.
- This recipe takes very little time to prepare but the results are so delicious.
Print Recipe for Pineapple Fudge:
- 1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix 3.4 ounces
- 1 can Crushed Pineapple not drained, 20 ounces
- 8 ounces Whipped Topping thawed
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- ½ cup Pecans chopped
- In a large bowl mix together the vanilla pudding mix and crushed pineapple.
- Stir in the whipped topping until well combined.
- Then stir in the marshmallows and shredded coconut.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Serve topped with the chopped pecans. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe