This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cheesecake fruit salad has fresh berries, a decadent cheesecake blend and lots of marshmallows. This recipe comes together in just minutes for the best treat.
Cheesecake Fruit Salad
This easy recipe is one of my go to fruit salads for parties, potlucks or Summer BBQ’s. It is effortless to prepare and everyone goes crazy over the luscious cheesecake filling.
My kids call this Cheesecake Salad and ask for it again and again. It is very light but also so decadent. I love it because it isn’t too heavy and can easily be served anytime of year.
What is Cheesecake Salad?
It is a delicious blend of cream cheese filling and fresh fruit. Everything is combined with strawberry yogurt and mini marshmallows for an amazing dessert.
Once you try it, you will be hooked. It is simple to make and quick to disappear. Everyone always raves about it and I make it for all the get togethers.
Why we love Fruit cheesecake salad:
- The ingredients are simple and easy.
- It is so light and fluffy.
- The cheesecake mixture is amazing with the fruit.
- This recipe takes very little time to prepare but the results are so delicious.
- Cheesecake Pudding Mix
- Strawberry Yogurt
- Whipped Topping, thawed
- Strawberries, sliced into easy to bite pieces
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Raspberries
- Mini Marshmallows
How to make cheesecake salad with fruit:
- Combine the pudding mixture. In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, yogurt and whipped topping. We used Cool Whip but feel free to use store brand.
- Then add the fresh fruit and marshmallows. Gently fold in the fruit and marshmallows. Be careful not to smash the fruit and do not over mix.
- Allow the fruit salad to chill. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Enjoy this yummy dessert. Serve this cold and enjoy!
How to store cheesecake salad:
Place leftovers inside a covered container. Refrigerate up to 2 to 3 days.
The salad will start to get watery after that.
We do not recommend freezing this recipe. The texture will change and it won’t be creamy.
Cheesecake Fruit Salad Tips:
- Make in advance. This cheesecake fruit salad can be made in advance. However, I recommend waiting to stir the fruit and marshmallows in until you are ready to serve.
- Fruit. Try to purchase ripe and nice looking fruit. The fruit salad will look pretty and taste amazing.
- Cream Cheese. Allow this to come to room temperature before beating. It will help to make it easier to beat. Also, the final product will be creamier and lump free.
- Powdered Sugar. If you prefer a sweeter fruit salad, add powdered sugar to the fruit salad. I would start with ½ cup and blend thoroughly. You can always add additional powdered sugar but you can’t take away.
- Double the recipe. You might want to double this recipe if preparing it for a gathering. Everyone will love it and the recipe is very easy to double.
- Marshmallows. Don’t skip this ingredient. They give the salad the best flavor and the texture softens into more of a marshmallow fluff.
If you are out of mini marshmallows, just cut the regular size into small pieces. No need to run back to t he store.
- Whipped Cream. Feel free to use store brand or Cool Whip. This is really based on preference and both make great options.
- Fruit preparation. Cut the Strawberries into slices that are easy to bite. The smaller fruit, such as blueberries, will not need to be cut.
- Yogurt. Substitute other flavors instead of the Strawberry yogurt. Vanilla yogurt and Lemon yogurt pair nicely with the fruit.
- Fruit. Sometimes, we also use blackberries in this berry cheesecake salad. The raspberries and blackberries combine nicely.
Bananas also taste great but should only be added right before serving. They will discolor otherwise. Pineapple is also tasty with shredded coconut for a tropical theme.
- Graham Crackers. Crumble graham crackers and sprinkle on top of the fruit salad. You can also stir in the pieces into the salad for a heartier recipe.
- Frozen Fruit. You can substitute frozen fruit for the fresh. However, it needs to be thawed, rinsed and drained before using. Otherwise, it will create a runny and mushy fruit salad.
- Cool Whip. You can substitute the cool whip for vanilla yogurt. It is still tasty but we do prefer it with whipped topping.
- Vanilla Extract. Enhance the flavor even more by adding ½ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Fruit zest. Try adding a little fresh lemon, lime or orange zest to the recipe. It gives it an extra burst of citrus flavor and looks pretty too.
- Nuts. You can mix in chopped pecans or walnuts into this salad. Another option is to just garnish the top with chopped nuts.
- Pudding. Substitute white chocolate pudding mix instead of cheesecake flavor. This is the perfect solution for someone that does not care for cheesecake but wants to try this salad.
- Sugar Free. Lighten up this recipe by using sugar free pudding mix, yogurt and whipped topping.
This is the perfect recipe to make in the Summer but we actually enjoy it all year long. The fresh fruit combines with the cheesecake mixture for a decadent treat. Everyone always asks for the recipe. No one can believe just how simple and easy it is to make.
Give it a try if you need something for your next party or cookout. It is definitely a guaranteed hit.
Each bite is so rich and sweet with the fruit combined with the creamy cheesecake mixture. Make it today!
Print this Cheesecake fruit salad recipe:
Cheesecake Fruit Salad
- 1 pkg Cheesecake Pudding Mix 3.4 oz box
- 2 containers Strawberry Yogurt 6 oz each
- 1 container Whipped Topping 8 oz (Cool Whip)
- 1 cup Strawberries sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup Fresh Raspberries
- 10 oz Mini Marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, yogurt and whipped topping.
- Then gently fold in the fruit and marshmallows. Be careful not to smash the fruit and do not over mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe