This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for the perfect summertime side dish, make this Berry Fruit Salad. It is loaded with fresh fruit and mixed with a honey lime glaze.
Easy Berry Fruit Salad Recipe:
This Berry Fruit Salad is so refreshing and easy to make. The combination of the fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries makes the best side dish. This is the perfect summertime fruit salad.
A fruit salad is made with the freshest, sweetest fruit you can find. Toss with the honey lime dressing makes the combination of the fruit so delicious. This fruit salad is healthy and easy to prepare.
The next time you are hosting a BBQ, make this refreshing and light fruit salad. Fresh fruit salads are the perfect side dish and adding the delicious dressing take this recipe to the next level.
- Strawberries (diced)
- Lime (juiced)
How to Make Berry Fruit Salad:
- Step 1 – Make the Dressing – In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and honey.
- Step 2 – Combine Berries and Dressing – Then place the berries in a large bowl and drizzle the dressing on top of the berries. Gently toss the berries to coat it with the dressing.
- Step 3 – Chill Serve and Enjoy – Chill until ready to serve and enjoy.
How to Make Berry Fruit Salad Dressing:
This honey lime dressing is simple to prepare. You only need 2 ingredients but you can also add in some lime zest. The combination of these ingredients give it a fresh, sweet and tart taste.
Simple combine these ingredients in a bowl. Then pour over the fruit for a delicious dressing that adds the right amount flavor to the berries.
How to Keep Fruit Salad Fresh:
Fruit salad is best served fresh. When preparing this berry salad it is best to prepare the day you are serving. If you would like to prepare ahead, you can simply cut the fruit and store in the fridge.
Then when you are ready to serve, mix the fruit together and pour the dressing over the top. If you are adding apples or bananas to the salad, wait to cut these fruits until ready to mix in the salad.
They will turn brown quickly if not mixed with a dressing.
- Change the Dressing – Feel free to use a different dressing or serve it without a dressing.
- Use Different Fruit – We love adding in bananas, chopped apples or grapes.
- Add in Chopped Nuts – Toss the fruit salad with some chopped nuts.
Will Vinegar Keep the Fruit from Turning Brown?
The acidic in vinegar will keep the fruit from turning brown, but it will change the flavor. We recommend using other acidic options such as lemon or lime to keep the fruit from turning brown.
Can I use Other Fruits?
Yes, there are many options when making a fruit salad. These ingredients include all the berry options, but you can easily add in bananas or chopped apples.
Mandarin oranges is also a great addition to this salad.
- Buying Fruit – When buying fruit for this salad, we recommend buying fresh berries that you can find. When I know I am making this salad, I like to buy the fruit that day.
- Preparing the Fruit – Make sure to thoroughly wash and cut the strawberries before adding to the salad. We recommend making sure they are dried before mixing everything together. This helps to keep the mixed berry fruit salad from getting mushy to soon.
- Dressing – This fruit salad can be served without a dressing, but we really love adding this honey lime dressing. It adds the perfect amount tangy and sweet flavor to the fruit. You can even use lemon juice for a delicious variation.
- Adding The Dressing – This salad can be prepared ahead of time, but wait to mix in the dressing. We recommend to add the dressing about 30 minutes before serving. This helps to keep the salad fresh and not mushy.
- Mint Leaves – For added flavor, stir in mint leaves. It gives the perfect amount of minty flavor to the dressing.
- Serving – This fruit salad is great served as is, but you can even serve over ice cream for a delicious topping.
How to Store Fruit Berry Salad:
Store the Fruit Berry Salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Store the fruit salad for up to 3-5 days.
Print Recipe for Berry Fruit Salad:
Berry Fruit Salad
- 1 pound Strawberries diced
- 8 ounces Blueberries
- 8 ounces Blackberries
- 8 ounces Raspberries
- 1 Lime juiced
- ¼ cup Honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice and honey.
- Then place the berries in a large bowl and drizzle the dressing on top of the berries. Gently toss the berries to coat it with the dressing.
- Chill until ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Fruit Salad Recipes:
- Easy Tropical Salad Recipe
- Cheesecake Fruit Salad Recipe
- Fruit Salad Recipe
- Red White and Blue Salad