This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This classic Fruit Salad is light, refreshing and tossed in a lime and honey dressing. Bring this salad to all your BBQ’s or potlucks this summer.
Easy Fruit Salad Recipe:
We love making a fresh fruit salad for all our BBQ’s and potlucks. We love to make with seasonal fruit to keep it light and refreshing. Mixing the honey, lime dressing makes this the perfect summertime dessert.
You can easily buy a fruit salad at the store. But making a homemade one, allows your to choose the freshest fruit. Homemade fruit salad taste better and it will last longer.
There are many ways that you can make this simple fruit salad and you can even change the dressing. We love that this easy fruit salad is made with simple fruit that I can easily find at the store. This is my kids favorite side dish.
The Best Fruit Salad Dressing:
This fruit salad dressing is made with 2 simple ingredients. The combination of the honey and the lime juice makes this dressing to light and refreshing. Feel free to add in orange juice, lime zest or make with lemons or lemon juices.
If you prefer a creamier dressing you can make it with cool whip, yogurt or sour cream. If have even made it with vanilla pudding mix for amazing vanilla flavor. Which makes a delicious ambrosia salad.
For the Salad:
- Red Grapes (approximately 3 cups)
- Fresh Pineapple (diced)
- Fresh Strawberries (sliced)
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Blackberries
- Kiwi (peeled and sliced)
For the Dressing:
- Lime (juiced)
How to Make the Best Fruit Salad Recipe:
- Step 1 – Prepare Fruit – Prepare the fruit by washing them and cutting them. Then place all the fruit except for the kiwi in a large mixing bowl.
- Step 2 – Combine Dressing Ingredients – Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Step 3 – Mix dressing with fruit – Drizzle the dressing over the bowl of fruit. Then gently toss the fruit to coat it with the dressing mixture.
- Step 4 – Serve and Enjoy – Then stir in the kiwi. Serve immediately and enjoy.
How do you Keep Fruit Salad Fresh:
The best way to keep fruit salad fresh is to not prepare to early before serving. We recommend preparing the fruit salad no more than 4 hours prior to serving.
Tips for the Best Fruit Salad Recipe:
- Prepare Fruit Salad – We recommend wash, peel and cut fruit to prepare to make the fruit salad. We recommend preparing fruit no more than 3-4 days prior to making the fruit salad.
- Bananas – We love bananas in our fruit salad, but they can turn brown quickly. If you want to add them to your fruit salad, add them right before serving.
- Apples – We love chopped apples in our salad. But if your prefer to add the apples to your salad. Make sure to prepare them to ensure they do not turn brown.
- Dry Fruit – After washing and cutting fruit, make sure it has dried before combining everything together. You do not want the extra moisture in with the fruit.
- Fruit – When purchasing fruit, make sure it is all ripe. You make need to purchase pineapple and mangoes a few days prior to make this fruit salad.
- Serving – This fruit salad is delicious topped with whipped cream for delicious flavor. You can even add in chopped nuts.
- Adding The Dressing – This salad can be prepared ahead of time, but wait to mix in the dressing. We recommend to add the dressing about 30 minutes before serving. This helps to keep the salad fresh and not mushy.
Can I use Frozen Fruit?
Frozen fruit will not work in this recipe. Once the frozen fruit thaws it will become soft and mushy. We recommend sticking with fresh fruit in this recipe.
What can I add to Fruit Salad:
Fruit Salad can be made with many different types of fruit. We love to add all different colors including reds, blues, and greens. These are some of my favorite options.
- Mandarin Oranges
- Slices Peaches
- Different Types of Berries
- Maraschino Cherries
- Mini Marshmallows
- Pineapple Tidbits
- Orange Segments
Can I Serve Fruit Salad without a Dressing?
This fruit salad can be served without a dressing, but we really love adding this honey lime dressing. It adds the perfect amount tangy and sweet flavor to the fruit. You can even use lemon juice for a delicious variation.
What to Serve with Fruit Salad?
Fruit salad is an easy side dish to serve as side dish with breakfast, lunch or dinner. These are some of my favorite recipes to serve with fruit salad.
- Grilled Chicken – This recipe has a very simple blend of seasonings but the results are fabulous. The marinade is really yummy and the entire family will love this chicken. It makes the perfect grilled recipe to serve at your summer BBQ’s.
- Pork Chops – We love cooking pork chops. They really make an easy dinner idea. They are easy to cook rather you are grilling them, baking or putting them in your crockpot. These pork chops come out so juicy and tender and everyone loves them.
- Grilled Steaks Kabobs – Our entire family loves this grilled steak kabobs recipe. It has the best marinade and even the veggies take on the best flavor. I love that everything is on the grill and my kitchen stays cool.
Can you Make Ahead of Time?
If making in advance, do not add the dressing until you are ready to serve . This keeps the fruit from getting too soft.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1-2 days.
Why you will Love this Easy Recipe:
- Simple Recipe – This recipe is easy to prepare and is perfect for a last minute gather. I love how anyone can prepare this recipe.
- Easy Ingredients – This is the perfect recipe when you find some seasonal fruits on sale. I love to buy fruits from our local farmers market as they are always the freshest.
- Dressing – The dressing only contains 2 ingredients but can easily be prepared with other simple ingredients. The lime keeps the fruit fresh and keeps it from browning so fast.
- Crowd Favorite – Anytime I bring this salad to our family gatherings everyone always loves it. We enjoy it as a appetizer or with our grilled meats.
- Change the Fruit – Feel free to change the fruits to what you have on hand.
Print Recipe for Fruit Salad:
For the Salad:
- 1 pound Red Grapes approximately 3 cups
- 2 cups Fresh Pineapple diced
- 1 pound Strawberries sliced
- 6 ounces Fresh Blueberries
- 6 ounces Fresh Blackberries
- 3 Kiwi peeled and sliced
For the Dressing:
- 1 Lime juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Prepare the fruit by washing them and cutting them. Then place all the fruit except for the kiwi in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the bowl of fruit and gently toss the fruit to coat it with the dressing mixture.
- Then stir in the kiwi. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Fruit Salad Recipes:
- Berry Fruit Salad Recipe
- Cheesecake Fruit Salad Recipe
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Red White and Blue Salad Recipe