This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This recipe for Winter Fruit Salad is a delicious combination of fresh fruit. It is sweet and tangy with a honey lime dressing.
This Winter Fruit Salad Recipe is perfect to pair with a holiday meal for a lighter option. It is similar to Christmas Fruit Salad and so festive and delicious. I have been making both of these for years.
Table of Contents
What is Winter Fruit Salad?
It is a delicious blend of fresh fruit that’s readily available during the winter months. My favorite fruit to include in the recipe consists of clementine or mandarin oranges, apples and pears, kiwis and pomegranate seeds.
- Clementine Oranges (peeled and separated into segments
- Pear (peeled, cored and sliced)
- Apples (cored and sliced)
- Kiwis (peeled and sliced)
- Pomegranate seeds
For the Syrup:
- Orange Juice
- Lime Juice
Please read the recipe card at the bottom for complete ingredients and instructions.
Variations and Additions
- Poppy Seed Dressing. This fruit salad is also very good with Poppy Seed Dressing.
- Fresh Mint. Top with fresh mint leaves if desired.
- Lemon Juice. Substitute lemon juice for the lime juice in the recipe.
- Walnuts. Toss in walnuts for added crunch and protein.
- Shredded Coconut. Sprinkle shredded coconut on top of the salad before serving.
- More fruit options. Sliced banana is another option but make sure to serve right way.
- Apples. Fuji, granny smith or gala are good options.
Step by Step instructions
Step 1. Get out a large bowl. Prepare the fruit and discard the peels. Combine all of the fruit except the kiwi.
Step 2. Use a small bowl and mix together the dressing ingredients. Whisk until well combined. Pour over fruit.
Step 3. Carefully add the kiwis. Mix together with the other fruit.
Step 4. Pour into a serving dish and enjoy. You can also refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- Fresh Pomegranate Seeds are best. While you can buy the containers at the grocery store of arils, fresh is best in this salad.
- Be careful handling Pomegranate seeds. They will stain hands, clothes and surfaces.
- Cut fruit into bite size pieces. It will make the apples, pears and other fruit easier to serve and eat in bite-size pieces.
Frequently Asked Questions
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Make sure to enjoy before the apples start to turn brown.
Cut the fruit in half and pry the two portions apart. Hold each half over a bowl and give it a nudge. The pomegranate aril should fall right out into the bowl.
More Easy Fruit Salad Recipes
Make this refreshing Winter Fruit Salad and see how easy it is. Then please leave a comment once you try it.
Winter Fruit Salad
- 4 Clementine Oranges (peeled and separated into segments
- 1 pear peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 apples cored and sliced
- 4 Kiwis peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Pomegranate seeds
For the Syrup:
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 Lime juiced
- In a large mixing bowl, gently stir together the fruit except for the kiwis.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the syrup ingredients.
- Pour the syrup over the fruit and gently toss to combine.
- Gently mix in the sliced kiwis.
- Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe