This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
If you are looking for a light and refreshing salad to serve for the holidays, make Christmas Fruit Salad. It is easy to make with simple ingredients.
This Christmas Fruit Salad Recipe is perfect for your Christmas menu. It looks so beautiful on your holiday table especially if served in a glass trifle dish.
If you are needing a winter fruit salad this is the one to make. This holiday fruit salad is loaded with flavor and topped with a delicious dressing.
Make this festive fruit salad for all your holiday dinners for a crowd pleasing treat. Feel free to change the fruit to what you prefer. You can also add in nuts or mini marshmallows for the perfect fruit salad.
- Red Apple (sliced)
- Green Grapes
- Red Grapes
- Kiwis (peeled and sliced)
- Pomegranate Arils
- Lime (juiced)
How to Make Christmas Fruit Salad:
- Step 1 – Combine Fruit – In a large bowl, gently stir together the fruit. Being careful to not smash any of the fruit with stirring.
- Step 2 – Combine Dressing – In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and lime juice.
- Step 3 – Toss Dressing with Fruit – Drizzle the honey mixture over the fruit. Then gently toss the fruit to coat it with the honey mixture.
- Step 4 – Serve – Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy.
How to Make Fruit Salad Dressing:
This fruit salad is perfect for this 2 Ingredients dressing. We used honey and lime juice but you easily lemon juice. Adding this dressing help the fruit from turning brown.
The combination of these two ingredients gives the fruit a sweet and tangy flavor and it taste amazing. Combine the ingredients and then pour over the combine fruit for the perfect fresh fruit salad.
If your prefer you can definitely add in other ingredients or substitute that may fit your diet. Substitute maple syrup for the honey. If you want a creamier dressing, mix in whipped cream, sour cream or cream cheese.
More Red and Green Fruit to Add:
There are many combination of fruit that can be added to this red and green salad. Add in or substitute to what you prefer. Here are some of our favorites.
- Red Fruit – Strawberries, Maraschino Cherries, watermelon, or dried cranberries
- Green Fruit – Green apples, pears, or green melon
Fruit Salad Christmas Recipe Tips:
- Choosing Fruit – When making this salad we recommend using fresh fruit that is firm.
- Preparing Fruit – Clean and wash fruit before adding to the bowl. You may need to peel and cut into bite size pieces. We recommend making sure they are dried before mixing everything together. This helps to keep the mixed berry fruit salad from getting mushy to soon.
- Serving Fruit Salad – This side dish is perfect served in any type of serving bowl. We like to serve in a glass bowl so you can see all the pretty colors.
- Additions – You can definitely add in ingredients for more flavor and texture. We have sprinkle in coconut, raisins, pecans and more. We have even added in pomegranate seeds.
- Apples – Once you cut the apples, make sure to stir with the dressing quickly. This keeps the apples from turning brown.
Can I use Frozen Fruit?
In this recipe, we recommend using fresh fruit. If you use frozen fruit it could cause the fruit to be mushy when the fruit thaws. The fruit salad will not stay as fresh when using frozen fruit.
Can I Make Ahead of Time?
Yes, this fruit salad can be prepared ahead of time. The way we like to prepare ahead of time is preparing the fruit. I like to wash the fruit really good and then cutting into bite size pieces.
Then place the fruit in a bowl and cover. Once you are ready to serve, just prepare the dressing and pour over the fruit fruit. This will save you time on serving day.
If you are looking for a gluten free or vegan side dish to make, this is my favorite. It is light and refreshing and always a crowd favorite especially with all the heavy holiday food.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
Can I Freeze Fruit Salad Christmas Recipe?
We do not recommend freezing this holiday fruit salad. It is best made fresh with fresh fruit.
Christmas Fruit Salad
- Red Apple sliced
- Green Grapes
- Red Grapes
- Kiwis peeled and sliced
- Pomegranate Arils
- Lime juiced
- In a large bowl, gently stir together the fruit being careful to not smash any of the fruit with stirring.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey and lime juice.
- Drizzle the honey mixture over the fruit and gently toss the fruit to coat it with the honey mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe