This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Ultimate Chicken Casserole Recipe is the best comfort food. Loaded with egg noodles, shredded chicken and bacon this casserole is an easy weeknight meal.
Ultimate Chicken Casserole Recipe:
Casseroles are easy to make with simple ingredients. You can add in different ingredients and they come together to make a delicious casserole. Even if you are not a fan of casseroles, you must try this Ultimate Chicken Casserole.
This is a great casserole to make when you have leftover shredded chicken. Cooked noodles are mixed with shredded chicken, bacon, corn, and cream of chicken soup. These ingredients with the seasoning are poured into a baking dish and topped with French Fried Onions.
Creamy, delicious and full of flavor casserole that is now a family favorite. Perfect weeknight meal or to make for a friend. It is a complete meal but we usually add a side salad.
- Cooked Chicken (shredded)
- Wide Egg Noodles (cooked to al dente)
- Frozen Corn
- Cream of Chicken Soup (10 oz cans)
- Onion (diced)
- Minced Garlic
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Black Pepper
- French Fried Onions
How to Make Ultimate Chicken Casserole:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and cream of chicken soup. Then stir in the chicken, pasta, corn, onion, garlic, bacon, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 – Spread this mixture evenly into the baking pan and top the soup mixture with the French fried onions.
- Step 4 – Bake for 30 minutes or bake until bubbly.
- Step 5 – Remove from the oven. Let the casserole set for 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Substitutions and Additions:
- Chicken – We used shredded chicken breast in this recipe, but you can use shredded chicken thighs or rotisserie chicken.
- Pasta – We used cooked egg noodles but you can use any type of long pasta to mix in the creamy sauce. We recommend penne or rigatoni noodles. Bowtie pasta would also be delicious.
- Cheese – We used shredded cheddar cheese in this casserole. But you can also use mozzarella, pepper jack cheese or monterey jack cheese. We recommend to shred the cheese yourself so that it melts evenly.
- Chicken Soup – Feel free to change the type of cream of soup you use. Cream of mushroom or cream of celery would also be delicious.
Tips for Chicken Egg Noodle Casserole:
- Cook Noodles – Before combining the cooked pasta make sure to cook it al dente.
- Cook Chicken – Make sure that you cook chicken before mixing in with the other ingredients in the large bowl.
- Baking Dish – Spray the baking dish with cooking spray prior to adding the casserole mixture to the baking dish.
- Rest Casserole – Once the casserole is done cooking, allow it to rest for about 5 minutes.
How to Store Chicken and Egg Noodle Casserole:
Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. This casserole is even tasty the next day. The ingredients really marinate together as it refrigerates.
We like to place in individual containers for a quick lunch the next day.
What to Serve with Ultimate Chicken Noodle Casserole:
This chicken noodle casserole is delicious served just as it is. But I like to add a few light sides to complete the meal.
- Caesar Salad – Add a side of caesar salad or a garden salad loaded with vegetables.
- Garlic Bread – These garlic cheese bread is a delicious side. It is easy to make and pairs perfectly with this casserole.
- Roasted Vegetables – We love to roast some vegetables to complete meal. Broccoli or asparagus is some of my favorites.
Can you Freeze Chicken Egg Noodle Casserole?
Yes, you can freeze this chicken noodle casserole. Prepare the casserole as indicated but place in a disposable freezer container. Do not add the French Fried Onions to the top if you are going to freeze it.
This casserole will last about 2 months if stored properly. Make sure that it is covered completely before freezing.
When ready to make, thaw the casserole overnight in the fridge. Top the thawed casserole with the French Fried Onions and bake.
Can I Make Casserole in advance?
You can easily assemble this casserole the night before. Do not add the French fried onions. Cover the casserole and store in the refrigerator.
When you are ready to bake, let the casserole sit at room temperature. Then top with French fried onions and then bake.
Easy Chicken Casserole Recipe:
If you are looking for a cheesy, comforting casserole this is the one to make. It is loaded with easy ingredients and full of flavor. Tender chicken, cooked noodles and creamy sauce makes this a crowd favorite recipe.
This casserole is even delicious leftover and can easily be frozen.
Print Recipe here for Ultimate Chicken Casserole:
Ultimate Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken shredded
- 12 ounces Wide Egg Noodles cooked to al dente
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Corn
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup 10 oz cans
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 6 strips Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup French Fried Onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and cream of chicken soup. Then stir in the chicken, pasta, corn, onion, garlic, bacon, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Spread this mixture evenly into the baking pan and top the mixture with the French fried onions.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let the casserole set for 5 minutes. Then serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe