Jalapeno corn casserole recipe is super easy to throw together and really delicious. The sweet corn combines with the hot jalapeno peppers for a tasty casserole.
Jalapeno corn casserole recipe
I decided to jazz up traditional corn casserole with a little heat. The results? Amazing!
This new recipe has just enough heat to really spice things up but not so hot that the kids can’t eat it. Everyone will enjoy it.
The entire casserole is moist and really savory. I just know you will love it!
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Creamed Corn
- Whole Kennel Corn -drained
- green chilis
- Jarred Jalapeños-diced
- Jalapeño juice from the Jar
- Cheddar Chees-, Shredded
How to make jalapeno corn casserole:
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. While the oven is preheating, spray a 9X13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Second, beat the eggs together in a large bowl.
Next, stir in the cream corn, whole corn, Jiffy corn mix, green chilis, diced jalapeños, jalapeño juice and half of the cheddar cheese. Make sure this is well combined.
Now, pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake until the casserole is cooked through.
Once the casserole has finished cooking, add the remaining cheddar cheese on top. Let this cook for a few more minutes to melt the cheese.
It’s best served warm. Enjoy! This cheesy corn casserole is so yummy.
Fresh Jalapenos vs Canned Jalapenos
I usually use jarred jalapeños for this recipe but fresh jalapeños work great too! I prefer jarred because they are softer and blend easily into the corn casserole mixture.
However, you can certainly use what you prefer or have on hand. Either one will taste yummy.
Can I make corn casserole ahead of time?
Yes, assemble the casserole as instructed and bake as normal. Cover with aluminum foil. When ready to enjoy, allow the casserole to come to room temperature.
Bake at 350 covered for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the casserole is heated.
This is a great option for holidays, potlucks and more. You will save time and everyone can still enjoy a great casserole.
Tips for jalapeno corn casserole:
- Don’t overmix. This can make the casserole dry.
- Don’t overbake. You don’t want to have a dry corn casserole. Be careful not to overbake as this will definitely dry out the casserole!
- Cheese- Sharp cheddar is delicious but we have also used mild cheddar, pepper jack, Colby and anything else we had on hand.
- Cornbread- The recipe calls for Jiffy mix but you can also use this delicious homemade cornbread recipe. It’s yummy and also perfect in this casserole.
- Sour cream- You can also add a ½ cup of sour cream to the corn casserole mixture.
Try this easy jalapeno cheddar corn casserole!
This cheesy corn casserole is the best comfort food. My family loves this casserole at just about all holidays but it is easy enough for during the week too.
The entire recipe is so versatile and really easy. I think your family will really enjoy it.
It is so easy to adapt to your preference. You can add extra cheese or reduce the amounts of jalapeno peppers or add more green chilis for extra heat.
As you can see, it really is so easy to make based on everyone’s preference.It is so easy and delicious!
Print this jalapeno cheddar corn casserole recipe:
Jalapeno corn casserole
- 1 Package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix 8.5 oz
- 1 can Creamed Corn 15 oz
- 1 can Whole Kennel Corn 15 oz, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 can green chilis 4 oz
- 1 Tbsp Jarred Jalapeños diced
- 1/4 cup of the Jalapeño juice from the Jar
- 8 oz Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a 9X13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat the eggs together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the cream corn, whole corn, Jiffy corn mix, green chilis, diced jalapeños, jalapeño juice and 1 half of the cheddar cheese.
- Pour this mixture into the 9X13 baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until the casserole is cooked through.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese and cook for an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe