This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Crockpot Corn Casserole is a classic holiday side dish that is made in your slow cooker. Creamy, delicious and lots of sweet corn flavor.
Crockpot Corn Casserole Recipe:
Corn Casserole is a classic recipe that is always served during the holidays. The ingredients are simple but still have amazing creamy and delicious corn flavor. Making it in the slow cooker saves you time and opens up the oven for other flavorful recipes.
The casserole is sweet and delicious. From potlucks to family dinner, this is always a hit. It is tasty enough for holidays and special occasions but simple enough for busy weeknights.
All the ingredients gets placed in the slow cooker for a quick and easy side dish. Corn casserole is always a crowd pleaser. Add your favorite ham or turkey to complete you meal.
What is the difference between Corn Casserole and Corn Pudding?
Corn casserole is called different things. It can be referred as Cream Corn Casserole, Corn Pudding, or Corn Souffle. It is usually a side dish that served during the Thanksgiving holiday and always a crowd pleaser.
The main difference between corn casserole and corn pudding is the ingredients. Corn Pudding using cornmeal as the main ingredient it also doesn’t contain no added sugar or butter.
- Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- Cream-style Sweet Corn
- Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, drained
- Salted Butter, melted
- Eggs, beaten
- Sour Cream
How to Make Corn Casserole in Crock Pot:
- Combine Ingredients – In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Prepare Slow Cooker – Spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add ingredients to Crock Pot – Pour batter into the prepared slow cooker.
- Cook Corn Casserole – Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours. Cooking time will vary.
- Serve and Enjoy – Dish serving onto plate and enjoy.
Do you eat Corn Casserole cold or warm?
This corn casserole is a perfect side for a weeknight meal or to serve at Thanksgiving. This sweet, creamy corn casserole is best served warm.
If you are preparing earlier in the day, make sure you set your slow cooker on warm to prevent from burning.
Crockpot Creamy Corn Casserole Variations:
- Corn Variations – Use Fresh Corn Kernels instead of canned. You can use frozen corn if you prefer. You do not need to cook prior to adding to the mixture.
- Change the Cheese – If you are looking to add some spice to the mixture, use pepper jack cheese instead. Cheddar cheese is also a great option.
- Add Jalapenos – If you prefer you can mix in some slice jalapenos or diced green chilies.
- Creamier Version – Try mixing sour cream and softened cream cheese for a creamier version. The combination of the two really gives it so much flavor.
- Homemade Cornbread – Instead of the jiffy corn bread, make Homemade Cornbread. It is easy to make and is the best cornbread recipe.
Slow Cooker Corn Casserole Tips:
- Cooking Casserole – Make sure to watch and don’t overcook the casserole especially cooking on high. You want to cook until the center is set.
- Paper Towels – If you have problems with condensation, place two paper towels underneath the crock pot lid. This will also help with the casserole setting.
- Baked Corn Casserole – If you prefer, you can also bake Corn Casserole. It takes less than an hour and it is just as easy to make.
- Traveling Casserole – If you are going over to someone else’s house for you holiday meal, make this crock pot casserole. It travels well and you only have to worry about one dish.
- Crockpot Liners – For easy cleanup, you can use liners in your slow cooker. If you don’t use liners, make sure to completely spray your slow cooker. If not, it makes for a messy clean up.
Do you put an Egg in Crock Pot Corn Casserole Recipe?
Yes, you will need to add the 2 eggs in the corn casserole mixture. Adding eggs with the sour cream, corn bread mixture and corn helps to keep the casserole tender and moist. When mixing the ingredients, make sure to not overmix.
Why is my Corn Casserole runny?
If your corn casserole turns out runny it is because there was to much moisture left in the corn. The cream corn that is added usually cooks into the batter. But before adding the whole kernel corn, make sure you drain the corn.
Remove moisture from the corn helps to create a creamy casserole consistency.
Can you Freeze Corn Casserole:
Yes, you can freeze corn casserole. Allow for the corn casserole to cool complete. Place the corn casserole in freezer safe containers. If you prefer store in individual containers for easy serving.
If store properly the corn casserole will last about 2 months. When you are ready to serve again, let thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Heat thawed corn casserole in the oven at 350 degrees until heated thoroughly.
How to Store Leftovers:
Corn casserole is perfect to store and serve the next day. Once the casserole is cooled, place in an air tight container in the refrigerator. The corn casserole will stay good for 3 to 4 days.
More Recipe with Corn:
If you are looking for more Corn Recipes, here are some of our favorites.
- Easy Corn Pudding – Easy Corn Pudding Recipe is a comfort food dish packed with sweet and delicious corn. This recipe is made without jiffy mix and so easy.
- Slow Cooker Cream Corn Recipe – Sweet Corn is a favorite side dish around here. Creamed corn is always a huge hit and my family gobbles it up. It is just so creamy and tastes amazing.
- Crock Pot Chicken and Corn Chowder – Enjoy delicious Crock pot chicken corn chowder recipe with hardly any work. Come home to the best comfort food that will satisfy even the biggest appetites.
Easy Corn Casserole Side Dish:
The cream corn recipe cooked in a slow cooker is so delicious. It is one of our favorite casserole dish type side dishes. I love easy recipes that allow you to use what you have or feel like for the day.
Whether you use jiffy mix or make your own cornbread mix, it will be great. Sometimes we make it plain and other times we add cheese. It is such as tasty dish and very versatile and a family loved recipe.
Making slow cooker recipes for side dishes especially during the holiday helps free up space in your oven.
Print Recipe here for Crock Pot Corn Casserole:
Crock pot Corn Casserole
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into the prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Then serve!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Crock Pot Casserole Recipes:
- Crock Pot Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken Pasta Casserole Recipe
- Crock Pot Shredded Beef Enchilada Casserole Recipe