This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Jazz up your favorite cornbread with the Best Jiffy Cornbread Recipe. Adding in a few simple ingredients makes your cornbread moist and delicious.
Jiffy Cornbread Recipe:
This Jiffy Cornbread Mix Recipe is going to be you go-to cornbread recipes to serve with your chili and soups. It is delicious and the perfect amount of crumble that you expect from your cornbread.
This cornbread recipe with Jiffy combines a box of Jiffy cornbread mix and simple seasoning to make the Best Cornbread Recipe. Serve with your favorite slow cooker recipe as an amazing side.
This buttery cornbread has a crispy texture and a moist center. We love making cornbread and mixing with a Jiffy Mix makes it an easy side dish and a crowd pleasing dish.
What is Jiffy Cornbread?
Jiffy Cornbread is a staple cornbread recipe that has served in many American homes. You can definitely make the recipe as indicated on the box. But in most cases people add it in more ingredients to make it more appetizing.
Some people like sweet cornbread and some like it savory. The good thing about the Jiffy Mix is a base mixture that can sweetened to what you like. This recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of sugar, but you can more or less.
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix (8.5 oz box)
- Large Eggs
- Sour Cream
- Butter, melted
How to Make Jiffy Cornbread Recipe:
- Prepare oven and Baking Dish – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 9X13 baking pan.
- Mix together Wet Ingredients – In a large bowl, stir together the sour cream, milk and eggs. Then stir in the ½ cup of melted butter.
- Add in Jiffy Mix and Sugar – Add in the corn muffin mix Jiffy box and the sugar. Stir together until the batter is combined.
- Pour and Bake – Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes to 30 minutes until the corn bread is cooked through and the top is golden brown. Cooking time will vary based on your oven.
- Serve, slice and enjoy – Remove, let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Then the cornbread is ready to slice, serve and enjoy.
What can I add to Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix?
I love that this recipe is so versatile. This easy recipe is a base Jiffy Cornbread Recipe. It is so simple to add in your favorite ingredients to make this recipe your own.
- Honey – Honey is a great addition to this recipe, if you like sweet cornbread. All you have to do is add ¼ cup of honey to the ingredients and mix it in before baking.
- If you prefer spicy foods – I recommend that you add chopped jalapeños prior to baking. You can easily remove as much seeds to give this homemade corn bread recipe the prefect amount of spice.
- Cheese – Cheese is also a great add in for this recipe. I love making cheddar cornbread. Mix in approximately ½ cup of your favorite cheese to all the other ingredients.
- Cornbread Muffins – We love cornbread muffins in muffin tins.
- Corn Pudding – If you prefer a corn pudding recipe, we have an easy recipe here. It is easy to make and is so creamy and delicious.
Can you Freeze Jiffy Cornbread?
Yes, you can freeze this Jiffy Cornbread. Cornbread freezes very well if stored properly. Place cornbread in a freezer safe container and it will last about 3 months.
When we are preparing this mix we like to double to recipe to freeze to use during the colder months.
Favorite Cornbread Toppings:
We love serving this topped with extra butter or honey if you like sweet cornbread. What do you top your cornbread with? You can use fun toppings that make this easy cornbread recipe even more amazing.
Try these toppings the next time you make cornbread for easy Jiffy cornbread hacks:
- A little bit of honey
- Honey Butter
- Maple Syrup
Even if you like your cornbread fresh out of the oven, you will not be disappointed.
How to Store:
Store the leftover cornbread in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature for up to 5 days.
What to Serve with Cornbread?
- Soups or Stews – It is the perfect bread to serve with soups and stews. We also like to crumble it and mix in a bowl of beans. Brown beans and cornbread is my favorite especially during the colder months.
- Chili – Add to your favorite chili recipe. I like eating it on the side of my chili with some melted butter on top. But my husband crumbles it up puts it in his bowl of chili.
- Other Options – Check out What Goes with Cornbread for more ideas.
Make Cornbread from Scratch:
Have you ever made cornbread from scratch? I usually always have the ingredients on hand which makes it easy to serve this with our favorite soups and stews.
Homemade Cornbread Recipe is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have. It save time and money and you can prepare the dry ingredients and store to have fresh cornbread at any time.
They are easy to assemble and you get the taste of this easy homemade cornbread recipe without all the extra work.
Jiffy Cornbread Tips:
- Whole Milk – Make sure to use whole milk for the best results in this recipe.
- Thicker Cornbread – You can double the ingredients and make a thicker cornbread or make two cornbread and different pans. This includes 2 boxes of jiffy corn muffin mix.
- Pan Options – We like to make this recipe in a 9×13 baking pan. But you can make in two 8×8 pans if you prefer.
- Oil – There is no need to add any vegetable oil to this recipe.
- Cast Iron Skillet – If you have a cast iron skillet, I would recommend baking it in there. It makes the edges extra crispy.
Print Recipe here The Best Jiffy Cornbread Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 9X13 baking pan.
- In a large mix bowl, stir together the sour cream, milk and eggs. Then stir in the melted butter.
- Add in the corn muffin mix and the sugar. Stir together until the batter is combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 until the corn bread is cooked through and the top is golden brown.
- Remove, let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Then the cornbread is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
We love serving this topped with extra butter or honey if you like sweet cornbread.
Make sure to use whole milk for the best results in this recipe.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe