Banana Bread…. I have tried several different banana bread recipes, some fabulous, some OK, and some BLAH! I have found this to be the perfect moist banana bread recipe – for my family anyway. If you love our Cinnamon Swirl bread recipe, I think you are going to love this easy recipe.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
It is easy and pretty much fail proof. I am not much of a baker (by any means), so for me to say this is fail proof says something. I hope you enjoy it! By the way – if you want a healthier version try our healthy banana bread recipe for new twist on the traditional banana bread. And if you like pumpkin, our recipe for Pumpkin Banana Bread is so delicious. Now if you are a chocolate lover like me, you have to try this Simple Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. It is amazing with all the chocolate chips.
Watch my video on this quick banana bread recipe:
Let’s get started making this Simple Banana Bread!
It’s great for snacks, breakfast and more! Everyone will love this moist banana bread recipe!
Moist Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients:
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas (ripe – if you have them in the freezer, just allow to thaw)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
You can add brown sugar if you prefer. Sometimes I will substitute a little for the sugar.
How to make banana bread:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 5×9 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Peel the bananas. (these can be from the freezer, just thaw first) Mash bananas.
- Stir in melted butter, eggs and vanilla, sugar, and salt. Stir sugar egg mixture well.
- Add flour baking soda and stir dry ingredients well in large bowl. Pour into pan and bake.
- Cook for 1 hour. Use a toothpick inserted after 50 minutes into the center to make sure it comes out clean. Let cool on a rack before removing from pan. Set aside to cool completely.
Try these other banana bread ingredients:
Optional ideas for homemade banana bread:
Add a handful of chocolate chips when you add in the flour. Those are some YUMMY additions to this Banana Bread Recipe.
You can also make Easy Banana Nut Bread recipe!
Banana nut bread recipe is just as yummy!
What do you need to make this Easy Banana Bread Recipe?
Now if you are making banana bread, make sure you have a good loaf pan.
If you need a loaf pan, I highly recommend you purchase this one – I would purchase 2. I have 2, but sometimes I wish I had 4. 😉 This is a regular sized pan which is what I used. However, you can turn this recipe and make them into smaller loaves which are super fun for gift ideas.
Wilton Recipe Right 4 Cavity Mini Loaf Pan is a great pan and you can use this entire recipe to fill up those 4 mini loaf pans.
The Baker’s Secret 8 Petite Loaf Pan is also fun for gift ideas. You can use this recipe to make these 8 petite pans as well
How long do you leave bread in the pan after baking?
Cool in pan about 10 minutes before taking out of the pan. Note this can vary based on different types of pans. The bread will need to be room temperature. Let it cool completely.
I hope you enjoy this Easy Moist Banana Bread recipe!
It’s our absolute favorite recipe! It’s so moist and delicious. Plus, it’s very simple to make.
How do I get bananas to ripen?
If you have bananas that are too green, there are a few things you can do to help them ripen faster. Place them in a brown paper bag and this will help the banana to get ripe. If you want to speed it up even more, place an apple in the bag with them. This will further speed up the process.
Can you freeze bananas to use for this Easy Moist Banana Bread recipe?
Remember, next time you have bananas that are about to go bad, freeze them so they are ready for some delicious banana bread! I actually will put three to four over ripe bananas in a freezer bag and label it “ready for banana bread” so it is easy even easier to thaw and have it ready for bread.
By the way, this moist banana bread recipe freezes great too!
You can wrap it and place it in a freezer bag. Simply thaw on the counter when you are ready to eat.
You will be so glad to just take this banana bread recipe with oil out of the freezer for a snack.
Print this Simple Banana Bread Recipe below:
- 3 to 4 bananas (ripe - if you have them in the freezer, just allow to thaw)
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1½ cups of flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 5x9 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Peel the bananas. (these can be from the freezer, just thaw first) Mash the bananas.
- Stir in melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Add flour and stir well. Pour into baking pan.
- Cook for 1 hour. Let cool on a rack before removing from pan.
- Add a handful of chopped nuts or chocolate chips when you add in the flour. Those are some YUMMY additions!
You are going to love this Award Winning Banana Bread Recipe!
The entire family enjoys the best banana bread!
It’s such a quick bread recipe and SO yummy! I like to freeze individual slices to be able to quickly take out for breakfast or snacks. My kids love this! It’s such a frugal recipe as well. Bananas never go to waste in my house. 🙂 It’s a great way to use up bananas that might otherwise be thrown out. We use them for this amazing recipe. Everyone enjoys this Easy Banana Bread Recipe plain but they also love when I add chocolate chips. It’s a nice treat for the kids so I throw a handful in every now and then. I love how you can modify the recipe to suit everyone’s tastes. My favorite it chocolate chips and nuts. Yum! That is just amazing. I could eat that all day long. It’s truly that good!
Let us know what you think when you try this Easy Banana Bread Recipe. I’m certain you will absolutely love it!
Easy Bread Recipes:
- How to make Naan Bread
- Irish Soda Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Bread
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- Simple Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Moist Banana Bread Recipe
- Healthy Banana Bread recipe that tastes amazing!