This is the perfect easy banana bread recipe. I have tried several different banana bread recipes, and I have found this to be the perfect moist banana bread recipe.
If you love our Cinnamon Swirl bread recipe, I think you are going to love this easy recipe.
Easy Banana Bread Recipe
It is easy and pretty much fail proof. I am not much of a baker (by any means), so for me to say this is fail proof says something.
By the way – if you want a healthier version try our healthy banana bread recipe for new twist on the traditional banana bread. And if you like pumpkin, our recipe for Pumpkin Banana Bread is so delicious.
Now if you are a chocolate lover like me, you have to try this Simple Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. It is amazing with all the chocolate chips.
Delicious but Simple Banana Bread.
This recipe has the perfect amount of banana flavor. It’s great for snacks, breakfast and more. Everyone will love this easy recipe!
How to mash bananas
Did you know you can use your electric hand mixer to mash up the bananas. Yes, you can use a spoon, but the electric mixer is a faster method. It will also allow you to have a smoother and more moist bread.
Ingredients You Need:
- Ripe bananas (ripe – if you have them in the freezer, just allow to thaw)
- Melted Butter
- ¾ cup Sugar
- Baking Soda
How to make banana bread:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 5×9 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Peel the bananas. (these can be from the freezer, just thaw first) Mash the bananas with a hand mixer or a spoon.
- Stir in melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract, sugar, and salt. Stir sugar egg mixture well.
- Add all purpose flour, baking soda and stir dry ingredients well in large bowl. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake.
- Cook for 60 minutes. Use a toothpick inserted after 50 minutes into the center to make sure it comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack before removing from pan. Set aside to cool completely.
Substitutions for a Healthy Banana Bread:
- Replace sugar with honey.
- Use hole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- Reduce the sugar to ½ cup when using very ripe bananas
- Replace the egg with ¼ cup of applesauce
Variation ideas for homemade banana bread:
- CHOCOLATE – Add a handful of chocolate chips when you add in the flour. I would add in ½ cup of chocolate chips to make chocolate chip banana bread.
- NUTS – Add a handful of chopped nuts to this Easy Banana Bread batter if you like those. Walnuts are really delicious in banana bread. You can start about a ½ cup of chopped nuts in the batter.
- DRIED FRUIT – You can try a variety of dried fruit to your banana bread recipe. Smaller dried fruit like dried cranberries, blueberries, and raisins work best.
If you want to try larger dried fruit like peaches and pears, you will want to chop them first before mixing into the batter.
- SPICES – Warming spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice tend to be very compatible with many sweet quick breads including banana bread.
- BROWN SUGAR – You can substitute brown sugar instead of the white sugar. I like to substitute ¼ cup brown sugar for a sweeter quick bread.
Everyone enjoys this Easy Banana Bread Recipe plain but adding in something else just makes it even more special.
What you need:
Now if you are making banana bread, make sure you have a good loaf pan.
If you need a loaf pan, I highly recommend you purchase this one – I would purchase 2. I have 2, but sometimes I wish I had 4. This is a regular sized pan which is what I used.
However, you can turn this recipe and make them into smaller loaves which are super fun for gift ideas.
Wilton Recipe Right 4 Cavity Mini Loaf Pan is a great pan and you can use this entire recipe to fill up those 4 mini loaf pans.
The Baker’s Secret 8 Petite Loaf Pan is also fun for gift ideas. You can use this recipe to make these 8 petite pans as well
How long do you leave bread in the pan after baking?
Cool in pan about 10 minutes before taking out of the pan. Note this can vary based on different types of pans.
The bread will need to be room temperature. Let the bread cool completely.
How do you keep banana bread moist?
The best way to keep banana bread moist for days is to wrap it tightly. Once your bread is baked and cooled, I recommend wrapping tightly in plastic wrap.
Stored this way on the counter, your bread will stay moist up to 3 days. If you’d like, you can store the bread wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
However, this recipe never lasts long in my house. I’m lucky if I can get it to last one day. The entire family fights over the last slice.
Enjoy this Easy Moist Banana Bread recipe.
It’s our absolute favorite recipe! It’s so moist and delicious. Plus, it’s very simple to make.
How to ripen Bananas
If you have bananas that are too green, there are a few things you can do to help them ripen faster. Place them in a brown paper bag and this will help the banana to get ripe.
If you want to speed it up even more, place an apple in the bag with them. This will further speed up the process.
You can also ripen bananas in the oven. Place the bananas, with the peels on, on a lined cookie sheet. Place in a 300 degree preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the peels are completely black.
Once finished, allow them to cool and they are ready to use.
How to freeze bananas
Remember, next time you have bananas that are about to go bad, freeze them so they are ready for some delicious bread.
Place three to four over ripe bananas in a freezer bag and label it “ready for banana bread” so it is easy even easier to thaw and have it ready for bread.
How to Freeze banana bread
You can wrap it in saran wrap to freeze the entire loaf. You may also place the entire loaf in a freezer bag.
Freezing individual slices is also an option to be able to quickly take out for breakfast or snacks.
Simply place the slices on a cookie sheet. Place in the freezer until frozen. Then place the sliced in a freezer bag until ready to use. Now you can quickly thaw the sliced in the microwave or in the toaster.
Simply thaw on the counter when you are ready to eat.
Print this Simple Banana Bread Recipe below:
Easy Banana Bread
- 3 to 4 bananas ripe – if you have them in the freezer, just allow to thaw
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 5×9 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Peel the bananas. (these can be from the freezer, just thaw first) Mash the bananas.
- Stir in melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Add flour and stir well. Pour into baking pan.
- Cook for 1 hour. Let cool on a rack before removing from pan.
- Add a handful of chopped nuts or chocolate chips when you add in the flour. Those are some YUMMY additions!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
You are going to love this Award Winning Banana Bread Recipe!
The entire family enjoys the best banana bread!
It’s such a frugal recipe as well, because bananas never go to waste. It is a great way to use up bananas that might otherwise be thrown out. Using overripe bananas is the best way to make moist banana bread.
Let us know what you think when you try this Easy Banana Bread Recipe. I’m certain you will absolutely love it!
Sooo easy to follow, delicious too!!! WINNER!!!
I’m so glad you loved it!
One word……..Excellent!!!! I made it for the first time this morning and it just doesn’t get any easier than this! Three loaves, one for my husband’s hunting trip this weekend and two for home for our family and company!
A HUGE Win-Win!!! Thank you so much, ladies!!!!
Banana bread is awesome
I’ll add pecans next time
So glad you loved it!
Thank you for this super recipe. This is my third time making it in the past 2 months. Just popped another loaf into the oven a few minutes ago.
Thanks so much for taking time to comment@
I’ve made this banana bread about a dozen times and every time it’s perfection! Thank you!
I’m so glad you love it! It is one of my favorite recipes to make in the fall.
I’ve made this so many times now and it’s perfect every time. I always add mini chocolate chips to mine and make it as muffins to cut down in the baking time. ????
See More Comments