This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Skip the store bought mixes and make this easy homemade version that is delicious.
Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
My friend introduced me to an Easy Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe a few years ago and I am glad she did. I am not much of a baker, but my kids get excited every time I make this delicious cinnamon roll bread.
It never last long in our house and the kids request it all the time. This easy cinnamon bread is perfect any day of the week. We just love it!
Don’t spend a ridiculous amount of money on bread mixes, when you can make your own for half the price! Plus the homemade versions always taste better too.
Quick and Easy Cinnamon Bread:
There is nothing better than Homemade Bread straight from the oven. The smell of the cinnamon and sugar filling our home just makes me happy. It reminds me of french toast.
This bread is quick and easy to make. The ingredients are simple that we usually always have on hand. My kids have now started making it since it is so easy to make.
My favorite part is the powdered sugar glaze that we drizzle on top. It really does just complete this homemade cinnamon bread.
Do I need to use Yeast to make Cinnamon Bread?
Making bread from scratch, I always thought you had to use active dry yeast. But not with this recipe. The recipes calls for pantry ingredients and no waiting for the bread to rise to double in size. There is also no need to roll the dough and making sure the seam side is in the right spot.
It takes for a few minutes to mix the ingredients together. In less than an hour you can be enjoying cinnamon bread. The bread comes out so moist and soft, tender texture that it is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
Let’s get started making this Homemade Cinnamon bread!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Vegetable Oil
- Ground Cinnamon
For the Glaze:
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Cinnamon Swirl bread:
- Combine Dry Ingredients – Combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the Wet Ingredients – In another bowl, combine the milk, egg and oil.
- Stir dry and wet ingredients together – Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Mix together – In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and ½ cup sugar.
- Prepare Pan – Grease the bottom a 9-in x 5-in loaf pan. You can use melted butter or parchment paper.
- Pour Half in – Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar.
- Pour in the rest – Spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Make a Swirl in the bread – Use a knife to swirl the cinnamon sugar mixture. I did it a lot to mine. See the picture below.
- Bake the Bread – Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool Bread – Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix the Glaze – Once cooled, mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the bread and serve.
How to make Powdered Sugar Glaze:
The bread is really amazing alone or with the icing. We often make it both ways and it is always a huge hit either way.
But there is something about the glaze that just makes it come together. To make the glaz you will need the following ingredients.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Start with adding the powdered sugar to a small bowl. Add in the tablespoons of milk and the vanilla. If you want the powdered sugar thinner, add in more milk or thicker slowly add in more powdered sugar.
It will depend on the consistency that you want.
Why did my Cinnamon Bread Fall in the Middle?
If your cinnamon bread falls in the middle after has cooled, then it usually means that it is undercooked. Also make sure before pulling the bread out of the oven, that you use a toothpick to ensure that it is done all the way through.
I like to stick the toothpick in different area’s of the bread to make sure all is done. If you notice that you outside of your bread is done, just lower the temperature of your oven and cook longer.
- Chop Nuts – You can add in some chopped pecans or walnuts to give your bread a bit of a crunch.
- Add Raisins – Cinnamon and Sugar pairs well with adding in some raisins.
- Make a Streusel Top – I love making a streusel topping for this bread. The combination of brown sugar, flour, butter, and some oats make a great addition to this bread.
- Add in fruit – Mix some dried fruit such as apples or cranberries.
Quick Cinnamon Bread Tips:
- Room Temperature Ingredients – When I am planning on making this bread, I like to have the ingredients at room temperature. This includes the egg.
- Flour – When measuring out the flour, make sure to not over pack the measure cup. Just lightly scoop the measuring cup and remove any extra with a knife from the top.
- Baking Times – Cooking times can vary. So always check your bread around the 30 minute mark to see if it is done.
- Allow Bread to Cool – Make sure to give the bread at least 5 minutes to cool in the pan. Then move it to a cooling rack.
- Line Bread with Parchment Paper – When preparing pan for baking, line the pan with parchment paper as it makes it easy to remove from the pan.
- Swirling the bread – To get the swirl in the bread, slowly swirl the batter in with the cinnamon and sugar. But try not to mix the cinnamon mixture to much in the batter. You want to see the swirl when you cut the bread.
- Add more Cinnamon – If you are a huge fan of cinnamon, add more in. Start with 2 teaspoons and then add more if you want.
How to store Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread?
Store any leftover cinnamon bread at room temperature. Wrap bread in a clear plastic wrap and place on the counter. The bread will stay moist for about 5 days. We love serving this bread for breakfast, dessert or for an afternoon snack.
Do not place bread in the refrigerator as it will dry out the bread.
How to freeze Cinnamon Swirl Bread
I would think this could be very freezer friendly. You could freeze it whole or even freeze it after you have sliced it. Give this a try for when you want to enjoy cinnamon bread quickly. It really is so delicious.
You might even want to double the recipe to have more for the freezer. It really is so amazing and my kids eat this so quickly. It is a hit with everyone. We just love it!
Print Recipe here for Cinnamon Swirl Bread:
Easy Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
- Combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, egg and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and ½ cup sugar.
- Grease the bottom a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Pour half of the batter into pan; sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar.
- Spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Use a knife to swirl the cinnamon. You will want the majority of the cinnamon and sugar mixed into the batter so that it will not burn.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, mix together the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the bread and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe