This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
You are going to love this Simple Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe. Lots of chocolate chips and moist banana bread make this easy bread amazing.
We took our super moist banana bread recipe and added chocolate chips to satisfy you chocolate lovers. This is one delicious bread that won’t disappoint.
You will love this quick bread recipe. It is the perfect bread to make for the holidays or wrap up as a gift. I also make this cranberry bread and applesauce bread for a delicious dessert for the holidays.
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works:
This banana chocolate chip bread is made with simple ingredients. If you love to bake, then you probably already have the majority of the ingredients. You will love the chocolate and banana flavor all combined in a delicious homemade bread recipe.
The soft texture and moist crumbs makes this This Best Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe. Enjoy for many occasions, even an afternoon snack.
- Ripe Bananas (if you have them in the freezer, just allow to thaw)
- Melted Butter
- Large Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- All Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Chips
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see the full recipe and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Chopped Nuts – You can add nuts to this bread recipe. Chopped walnuts are always a great option but chopped pecans and slice almonds are great too.
- Chocolate Chips – Try using dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate or anything you prefer. White chocolate chips can also be used.
- Skip Chocolate Chips – If you are just wanting banana bread, you can leave the chocolate chips out.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar can be substituted for granulated sugar. You can also use half dark brown sugar and half granulated sugar.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 5×9 loaf pan (I highly recommend this one) with cooking spray.
Step 2 – Peel the bananas. (these can be from the freezer, just thaw first) Mash the bananas in a medium bowl.
Step 3 – Whisk in melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
Step 4 – Add flour and mix with well with the other ingredients.
Step 5 – Fold in the Chocolate chips to the banana bread batter.
Step 6 – Pour the banana bread batter into loaf pan and bake. Cook for 1 hour and let cook on wire cooling rack before removing from pan.
- Freeze Slices – You can also freeze slices of this bread so that you only are taking out what you need at that moment. This is perfect for those times when you do not need an entire loaf.
- Double Recipe – You might want to go ahead and double the recipe to have extra to freeze. It is so delicious and really handy too.
- Combine Ingredients – Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl thoroughly.
- Chocolate Banana Muffins – For a delicious option, make this recipe into muffins.
How to Freeze:
This recipe freezes great and I try to always freeze a few loaves. You can make a lot all at once and then freeze them.
Just wrap it in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Allow it to thaw on the counter until you are ready to serve. Your family will never know it came out of the freezer.
You might want to double the recipe like we do so you can have one now and one for later. It really isn’t any more work to make extra and you can stock your freezer.
How to Ripen Bananas:
This recipe is best to use ripen bananas. If the bananas are frozen, they need to be thawed and they will be ready to mash. If they are not ripen, break the bananas apart and place in a brown bag.
You can also bake the bananas for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 300 degrees. Let the bananas cool to room temperature before using in the banana bread batter.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store banana bread in an airtight container. Store banana bread at room temperature. This banana bread will last about 5 days if stored properly.
When combining the ingredients, make sure to not overmix. This could cause the center sink and not using the right size of pan. Using the right size of pan allows the center to bake all the way through.
Yes, you can add in Greek Yogurt or sour cream to the mixture. This allows the batter to be extra moist. Add ½ cup for a delicious addition to this family favorite banana bread recipe.
Try these other easy banana bread recipes:
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Moist Banana Bread Recipe
- Banana Bread Mini Muffins Recipe
- Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
Try these easy quick bread recipes:
We love hearing from you. If you make this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Simple Chocolate chip banana bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 5×9 loaf pan (I highly recommend this one) with cooking spray.
- Peel the bananas. (these can be from the freezer, just thaw first) Mash the bananas.
- Stir in melted butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Stir well.
- Add flour and stir well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Cook for 1 hour. Let cool on a rack before removing from pan.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe