This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is the perfect bread to make this fall. Loaded with warm spices and delicious chocolate chips makes this a family favorite.
Easy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread:
This delicious pumpkin bread recipe is one that you can enjoy all year long. Pumpkin desserts are always a must during the fall season, but we have even made this bread after that.
If you love pumpkin, then you must make the Best Pumpkin bread Recipe. This quick bread recipe is loaded with flavor and simple ingredients.
This delicious pumpkin bread not only tastes great but smells amazing as it cooks. All of the wonderful smells of Fall can be found in this pumpkin bread as it bakes.
- Salted Butter, room temperature
- Granulated Sugar
- Can Pumpkin Puree
- Whole Milk
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- All-purpose Flour
- Ground Cinnamon
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Step 2 – Mix Butter and Sugar – While the oven preheats, cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined and no chunks of butter remain.
- Step 3 – Mix Wet Ingredients – Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, and milk to the creamed butter. Whisk the mixture together thoroughly. Ensure that the eggs are fully incorporated and the batter is homogenous.
- Step 4 – Stir Dry Ingredients – Gently whisk in the baking powder, flour, and baking soda. Mix in cinnamon until no clumps in flour mixture remain in the batter.
- Step 5 – Stir in Chocolate Chips – Fold in the chocolate chips so that they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Step 6 – Pour into Pan – Pour the batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Bake until a toothpick can be cleanly removed from the center of the bread.
- Step 7 – Cool Completely – Allow the bread to cool for 20 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Step 8 – Serve and Enjoy – Slice and enjoy.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe Tips:
- Cool Bread – Allowing the bread to cool will help prevent the bread from breaking or cracking. When you remove it from the loaf pan. This also gives the bread a chance to finish baking completely. Cool bread on the wire racks.
- Storing – This bread is soft and moist. The crust of the bread may dry out a little bit when you store your leftovers. But the center of the bread will remain nice and moist thanks to the pumpkin puree.
- Prepare Baking Pan – We recommend spraying the loaf pan with cooking spray to prevent bread from sticking.
- Combining and Measuring Ingredients. Everything needs to be measured accurately. Especially the flour or it will be dry. Combine ingredients in a medium bowl or large bowl.
- Pumpkin – Make sure to use Pumpkin Puree and not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling does not work for this recipe.
- Room temperature eggs – Allow eggs to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before using. They will blend better into the batter and create the perfect texture.
- Make a foil tent – If you notice the bread starting to brown and it hasn’t finished cooking. We recommend making a tent foil on top. This will protect the bread.
Can I Make Muffins with this Recipe?
Yes, you can easily make this recipe into muffins or mini loaves. Making into a mini pumpkin bread or pumpkin muffins, then you can wrap up and give as gifts.
We have even made pumpkin bars and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies because we love pumpkin so much.
- Spices – If you have a pumpkin pie spice mix, you can use that instead of ground cinnamon.
- Butter – We prefer to use salted butter in this recipe. But you can also use unsalted butter if you add a teaspoon of salt.
- Chocolate Chips – Feel free to change the chocolate chips in this recipe. We have used milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips. You can even use butterscotch chips for added flavor.
- Nuts – If you love nuts in your bread recipe, chop up pecans or walnuts for delicious flavor. Nuts mixed with the pumpkin mixture gives the bread so much flavor.
- Vanilla – You can add some warm flavor by adding cinnamon chips, vanilla extract or nutmeg.
- Chocolate Drizzle – After the bed has baked and completely cooled, drizzle melted chocolate on top of the bread.
Can you Freeze Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread?
Yes, this bread also freezes really well. You might even want to double the recipe to have some just for the freezer.
Just make sure to wrap the bread in parchment paper and then again in foil. Place inside a freezer bag and remove any excess air. It can be frozen up to 3 months.
I like to write the date frozen on the freezer bag to make it easy to keep track. You can also freeze this bread in individual slices. I like to do this for a quick snack or breakfast.
It is easy to just remove the one slice and enjoy. Wrap each slice individually in foil and place in a freezer bag or container.
When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. You can place in the microwave for 20 seconds to warm the slice.
How do you know when Pumpkin Bread is done?
The best way to tell if the pumpkin bread is cooked, is by toothpick inserted into the center of the bread. Inserted in the center the toothpick comes out clean then bread is cooked thoroughly.
How to Store Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips:
This bread is best stored in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days. It can be enjoyed at room temperature or reheated in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. If you want to remelt the chocolate.
Homemade pumpkin bread can be enjoyed for breakfast or a delicious dessert.
Print Recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- While the oven preheats, cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until well combined and no chunks of butter remain.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, and milk to the creamed butter. Whisk the mixture together thoroughly, ensuring that the eggs are fully incorporated and the batter is homogenous.
- Gently whisk in the baking powder, baking soda, flour, and cinnamon until no clumps of dry ingredients remain in the batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips so that they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a 9×5 inch loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick can be cleanly removed from the center of the bread.
- Allow the bread to cool for 20 minutes before removing it from the pan.
- Slice and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe