This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe is going to become a new go-to treat during the holiday season. A simple cake mix paired with pumpkin and a homemade streusel topping creates a deliciously moist cake for breakfast or dessert.
This pumpkin coffee cake recipe is a perfect semi-homemade option. This recipe is perfect for the fall season because it is full of fall flavors. We love to serve this for the perfect Thanksgiving Dessert.
If you love Pumpkin Recipes as much as we do, you must make this easy peasy fall dessert. Celebrate the holiday season with these pumpkin recipes are Easy Pumpkin Crisp, Pumpkin Cheesecake, or Easy Pumpkin Roll.
If you love this coffee cake, you must try this Christmas Coffee Cake Recipe.
Table of Contents
Why we Love this Pumpkin Recipe:
- Simple Ingredients – You will love this simple ingredient coffee cake recipe. This recipe starts with a cake mix and then combines with a can pumpkin.
- Quick and Easy – We love making quick and easy dessert for the holidays. This is one of my favorites and can easily be made ahead of time.
- Crunchy Streusel Topping – The crumble topping is what makes this cake so delicious. It adds so much flavor and texture to the cake.
- Great anytime of the year – If you love pumpkin as much as my family, then you will want to make this all year long. Serve for breakfast, brunch or for a evening dessert.
- White Cake Mix
- Canned Pumpkin (make sure to get canned pumpkin puree and not pie filling)
- Unsalted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe instructions and ingredients in the recipe card.
- Cake Mix – We used a cake mix to make this recipe. But you can make a homemade cake mix with all purpose flour. Feel free to change the cake to what you prefer.
- Glaze – Feel free to add a glaze over the top of the pumpkin cake. Drizzle the homemade frosting to add flavor to the top of the cake.
- Chopped Nuts – Feel free to add chopped nuts to the crumb topping. Chopped pecans or walnuts are great options.
- Crumb Topping Seasoning – You can also add in other seasoning to the crumb topping. We have added in ground nutmeg, ginger, and brown sugar.
- Cream Cheese Filling – If you prefer you can add a cream cheese filling to the cake. Make it with greek yogurt and powdered sugar for a lighter option.
- Pan Option – Make this coffee cake in different types of pan options. You can make in a 9-inch pan, springform pan, or a large pan.
- Coconut – Feel free to add coconut to the top of the cake for delicious flavor.
- Pumpkin Flavor – For more pumpkin flavor, add in pumpkin pie spice.
How to Make Pumpkin Coffee Cake:
Step 1 – In a large bowl, mix together white cake mix and pumpkin until combined.
Step 2 – Spread the cake batter layer into the prepared pan and bake.
Step 3 – Whisk the crumb topping ingredients until the butter is pea size in a small bowl.
Step 4 – Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the top of the cake and bake.
How to Keep Coffee Cake Moist:
Some of the best cake recipes I have made are those that end up not only flavorful but moist. There is nothing worse than a dry cake.
To keep this coffee cake recipe moist and delicious for every serving, you can follow a few simple steps. These options helps it tastes amazing.
- Storing – Store the cake in an airtight container at all times. If keeping in pan, cover with plastic wrap or foil.
- Serving – Serve within the first 2-3 days after baking
- Refrigerate – Refrigerate if storing for longer than 3 days
- Vanilla Pudding Mix – Add a package of vanilla pudding mix to the batter
- Butter – Include ¼ cup melted butter in the batter for this particular recipe
- Maple Syrup – Try adding maple syrup to the batter or sour cream.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Coffee Cake?
- Latte – Serve this alongside your favorite pumpkin spice latte or a nice hot cup of coffee to start your day. I think any type of pumpkin coffee would be amazing with this pumpkin coffee cake recipe.
- Fresh Fruit – This coffee cake is perfect for breakfast or a brunch. A fruit salad pairs perfectly with this pumpkin cake.
- Breakfast Casserole – Make a delicious egg casserole to have the sweets and savory combination.
If you love all things pumpkin like we do, you will absolutely love this coffee cake. From breakfast to dessert, it is perfect for Fall. You will love this new recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store the leftover in the refrigerator for best results. This cake will stay fresh for up to one week when stored in an airtight container.
This pumpkin cake would be delicious with a vanilla glaze over the top. Combine powdered sugar with water or milk. I like to start with 1 cup of powdered sugar to 3 tablespoons of milk. Add in pumpkin spice to add to the pumpkin flavored. If you need to thicken the glaze add in more powdered sugar.
This Homemade Coffee Cake can easily be mixed with pumpkin to make this pumpkin streusel coffee cake.
Combine flour, brown sugar, and warm spices with the wet ingredients. Mix with the pumpkin pie filling with delicious pumpkin spice flavor for amazing cake.
Try one of these Easy Homemade Pumpkin Recipes:
- Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bars
- Quick and Easy Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Check out 33 of the Best Pumpkin recipes
Make sure to leave a star review if you try this delicious Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
For the Cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 15 oz. Pure Pumpkin
For the Crumb Topping:
- 2 cups All Purpose Flours
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together white cake mix and pumpkin until combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature.
- While the cake is cooling, make your crumb topping by combining all your ingredients into a bowl and mix together until the butter is pea size.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the top of the cake and stick back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes so that the butter hardens and the flour bakes off.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Cut with a sharp knife, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe