Pumpkin crisp is the perfect Fall dessert. Enjoy a creamy pumpkin filling and a delicious oat topping. Top it off with ice cream for a real treat.
If you love pumpkin, then you are going to love this recipe.
This pumpkin crisp is super easy but so amazing. The pumpkin filling is delicious!
This recipe takes minutes to make and your kitchen will smell amazing as it bakes. Be prepared for everyone to go crazy over this.
Each bite is the perfect combination of creamy pumpkin and crispy topping for one decadent dessert. It’s the best pumpkin recipe.
For the Pumpkin Layer:
- Large Eggs
- Brown Sugar
- Pure Pumpkin (You can easily make your own Pumpkin Puree)
- Evaporated Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – learn how to make Pumpkin Pie Spice.
- Ground Cinnamon
For the Crisp Layer:
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Brown Sugar
- baking Powder
How to make pumpkin crisp
First, you need a 9X13 pan. Go ahead and spray it with cooking spray.
I like to use the pans with lids if I am taking this dessert somewhere. It makes traveling easier. The lid is also nice for storing leftovers.
Another idea is to use disposable pans for holidays or if you dropping this off for someone. They wont’ have to worry about getting the pan back to you.
Also, go ahead and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Next, In a large bowl whisk together the sugar and the eggs. Make sure it is combined really good.
Once combined, add the pumpkin, milk and spices to the mixture. Stir until it is smooth.
Now, pour this into the prepared casserole dish and set aside.
Let’s make the Streusel topping!
Get out another mixing bowl. Combine the ingredients for the crisp layer.
This is my favorite part! It is fun to make and goes perfectly with the pumpkin layer on the bottom.
Finally, sprinkle this on top of the pumpkin layer and bake until it is is lightly golden brown and starts to bubble.
This usually takes about 35 to 40 minutes. Oven times will vary so keep an eye on the crisp.
Take the dish out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
Serve pumpkin crisp warm and top with your favorite toppings.
Can you make this ahead of time?
You can prep this Pumpkin Pie Crisp ahead of time, but I highly recommend baking it fresh when you are ready to serve it for the best flavor.
To prep ahead, I follow all directions until the baking step. Then, instead of placing it into the oven, I cover it with saran wrap or foil and put it in the fridge.
Then, when I am ready to bake it, I take it out of the fridge and set it on the counter to come to room temperature. Start pre-heating the oven and bake it as directed in the recipe.
This is a great time saver, if you are having friends over or if you are making it for Thanksgiving. You can do all the prep work the day before but still have a fresh dessert on Thanksgiving day.
How to store Pumpkin Pie Crisp
If you have leftovers, put in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 5 to 7 days.
I prefer this served warm and will normally just pop in the microwave a few seconds to heat it up.
Do you serve Pumpkin Crisp hot or cold?
This pumpkin pie crisp is great served warm but you can also serve it cold, the texture changes a little bit when cold but it’s still delicious.
- Top with vanilla ice cream. It is so yummy served warm with the cold ice cream melting into every bite.
- Whipped cream– Try this easy homemade recipe for whipped cream. Put a dollop of this on top of the crisp. Yum!
- Caramel sauce – Drizzle caramel on the top. I bet chocolate sauce would be good too.
- Chocolate Sauce – Chocolate drizzled on top is also amazing.
Difference between pumpkin puree and pie filling?
This recipe calls for pure pumpkin. This is just plain pumpkin puree without any extra seasonings.
Pumpkin pie filling usually has all the seasoning already included.
I started making homemade pumpkin puree awhile back. The saving will add up if you do a lot of pumpkin baking liek I do.
Plus, it is not hard at all to make.
Can you use a cake mix instead?
Yes you can substitute a cake mix instead of the streusel topping. It will have a slightly different flavor and texture, but it will be delicious.
Tips and Variations:
- Use a preheated oven.
- Use pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling.
- You an add in pecans for a little crunch to your crisp.
- Use a greased pan.
- The pumpkin crisp should be golden and bubbly when you remove it form the oven.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins before serving. This will insure that the crisp doesn’t completely fall apart when you scoop it out of the pan.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. I like ice cream, whipped cream or drizzle chocolate sauce on it!
Make easy pumpkin crisp recipe!
This is so easy and one of our favorite Thanksgiving desserts. If you love pumpkin, this is definitely a must try.
It is full of pumpkin pie spice flavor. The creamy pumpkin makes each bite simply amazing!
This dessert is so yummy and I think you will enjoy it.
Print this easy pumpkin crisp recipe:
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 can Pure Pumpkin 15 oz.
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9X13 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugars together.
- Stir in the pumpkin, milk, spices and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, brown sguar, baking powder, cinnamon and butter.
- Then sprinkle this mixture on top of the pumpkin layer in the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until it’s brown and bubbly.
- Remove and let the pumpkin crisp cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe