If you love all things Pumpkin, this Easy Pumpkin Cake recipe is a must try. It is so easy with only 3 ingredients and sure to be a hit with everyone that tries this delicious cake.
Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe
I have a super easy and delicious new recipe for you – Easy Pumpkin Cake! When I say easy, I mean easy!
I have never been much of a baker but this is so simple. Anyone can make this!
However, this cake has only 3 ingredients: cake mix, canned pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. You can’t get much easier than that and even I can’t mess this one up!
It is the time of year when we start to think about all things pumpkin! This pumpkin pie spice cake is amazing!
Pumpkin Cake with Yellow cake mix
Bring this to your Thanksgiving feast and your family will be so impressed! This cake is always a huge hit.
No one would ever guess this recipe only has 3 ingredients. It’s so simple.
It is the type of recipe that is so easy to throw together at the last minute. Don’t we all need a recipe like this?
Let’s get started!
- box cake mix (I used Butter Golden, but a yellow cake mix would work great too!)
- can 100% Pumpkin (or make your own Pumpkin Puree)
- pumpkin pie spice (Learn how to make your Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- Confectioner’s Sugar
- apple juice, water or milk (any will work!)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
How to make pumpkin cake
It is that easy!
Just bake at 350 degrees according to the cake mix directions.
How to make the pumpkin spice glaze:
Then while the cake bakes, make the delicious glaze. To do this whisk together the glaze ingredients until a pourable drizzle forms.
Add more powdered sugar if its too thin or more apple juice or water if its too thick. You will love this glaze.
Next drizzle the powdered sugar glaze over the top of the cake.
Finally, let the cake cool completely on wire rack and serve the cake at room temperature.
If you want an added sweetness like my family, make sure you make the optional glaze.
You only need three ingredients for the glaze as well. It’s so yummy.
- If you prefer fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin, learn how to make Pumpkin Puree. This is a great alternative to canned pumpkin that is also very frugal. I keep it in the freezer so I can just grab and go for recipes like this. Freeze it in 1 cup increments and it’s so handy.
- Try making Pumpkin Pie Spice from scratch. It is much cheaper than buying the small jars from the store.
- I used a Golden Butter cake mix, but you could use white or yellow or even spice cake. Any of these would work great in this recipe.
- There are simple ways to change this cake recipe. The next time I make it I think I will add a crumble topping like the one I used on these Pumpkin Muffins.
- You can also add chopped nuts or maybe even raisins. Brown Sugar would be tasty too and will add a delicious flavor to this recipe.
- Also, I have mixed in 1/2 cups of chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in this cake batter before putting it in the pan. This small amount of chocolate chips added a nice flavor but was not too overpowering so you could still taste the pumpkin in the recipe.
- You can make pumpkin cake recipe with cream cheese frosting. I would use a cream cheese frosting similar to the one that I used in this Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting recipe. Buttercream frosting is also good.
- Also, you can definitely make this cake your own by using different cake mixes like spice cake! My sister made this recipe with a carrot cake mix and I was nervous but it tasted amazing!
- Top with whipped cream to make this even more delicious!
What can you use to bake this in?
- If you are looking to serve this cake in the dish, I really like Rachael Ray Stoneware Baker. It is so pretty.
- This baking dish with lid is perfect if you plan to take this cake somewhere. The lid is so handy.
- Also, you can make this easy pumpkin bundt cake in your favorite bundt pan. This cake would be beautiful when a bundt pan is used. Make sure you follow the cooking time on the back of the box for this type of pan and it will work perfectly!
Try it today!
You likely already have most of the ingredients you need in your pantry. It is one of our favorite recipes.
This is a great cake recipe to take to potlucks, neighbors, holiday parties and more. It’s very simple and budget friendly.
Even if you’re not a great baker like me, I know you can make this easy pumpkin cake recipe. This canned pumpkin and yellow cake mix is super easy.
We are always experimenting with recipes and coming up with new things. It’s so much fun.
Please share any ideas you have in the comments. I would love to hear how you made this cake unique and delicious!
Print this easy pumpkin cake recipe:
If you love all things Pumpkin, this Easy Pumpkin Cake is a must try. It is so easy with only 3 ingredients and sure to be a hit with everyone that tries this delicious Pumpkin Spice Cake.
- 1 box cake mix I used Butter Golden
- 1 can 15 oz 100% Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice, water or milk
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Mix cake mix, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
Bake according to package directions (350 degrees). I used a Golden Butter cake mix, but you could use white or yellow or even spice cake.
Whisk together ingredients until a pourable drizzle forms. Add more powdered sugar if its too thin, more apple juice if its too thick.
Serve cake and drizzle glaze over the top.