This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This delicious Pumpkin Banana Bread recipe combines the amazing flavors of pumpkin and banana. Is great to be enjoyed through the holidays or any time of the year.
Have you ever tried pumpkin banana bread before? If not, you are in for a real treat. This recipe is loaded with flavor and is so soft. We love pumpkin recipes but this is one of my favorites.
Make sure to check out all of Homemade Bread Recipes for all your holiday baking.
Table of Contents
Why Add Pumpkin to Banana Bread?
I am not sure what made me want to try pumpkin to begin with. Whatever the reason, this easy banana pumpkin bread recipe was born and I have to tell you, this is delicious.
It is just the right amount of sweet and moist. I was pleasantly surprised with how this turned out.
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as we did. If you loved our easy pumpkin bread recipe then I think you will love this one too.
- Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- Brown Sugar
- Large Eggs
- Vegetable Oil
- Canned Pumpkin
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Spice
Scroll to the bottom to the recipe card for the full recipe and ingredients.
- Chopped Nuts – Feel free to add in chopped nuts if you prefer. We recommend chopped walnuts or chopped pecans for texture and flavor.
- Chocolate Chips – We love the combination of chocolate, banana and pumpkin. Add in mini chocolate chips for a delicious bread recipe.
- Dried Fruit – Dried fruit is always a delicious option in this bread recipe. Dried cranberries or dried apricots are a great addition.
- Prepare Bread – This recipe will also work if you want to mini loaf pans or muffin pans. Cooking time will change but it is a great alternative than a regular loaf pan.
- Muffins – This recipe can also be made into muffins by making in a cupcake pan.
- Gluten-Free Flour – Feel free to use almond flour to make this recipe for a gluten free option.
- Warm Flavors – Feel free to add in other spices or extract for added flavor. Add in a tsp of ginger, nutmeg or vanilla extract.
How to Make Pumpkin Banana Bread:
Step 1 – Mix together the mashed bananas and sugars in a large bowl.
Step 2 – Add the eggs and beat with the mixer until the eggs are combined with the bananas and sugar.
Step 3 – Stir in the oil and cups of pumpkin puree.
Step 4 – Whisk flour mixture which includes – baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
Step 5 – Slowly add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
Step 6 – Finally pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake.
- Room Temperature Ingredients – Plan ahead and set your eggs out before mixing the ingredients together. They mix better with the other ingredients when they are at room temperature.
- Bananas – They best time to make this bread is when you have ripe bananas. They are more flavorful and mash easily.
- Pumpkin – When combining the ingredients, you will only use about a cup of the pumpkin and not the whole can.
- Baking Bread – Check the bread after being in the oven for about an hour. Use a toothpick inserted to check to see if the center is cooked. If the top of the bread is getting to brown, feel free to top with a piece of foil. This way the center can finish cooking.
- Cooling Bread – Once you have baked the bread, allow the bread to cool on a wire rack. Then the bread is ready to slice and serve topped with butter.
Can you Freeze Banana Pumpkin Bread?
Yes, this bread recipe freezes great. If you decide to freeze this bread, after it has cooled completely. Wrap it tightly in cling wrap and then in foil as well. I label the foil with the date and store in the freezer for 3-6 months.
When you’re ready to enjoy this bread. Allow it to thaw on the counter and then you’re ready to enjoy it again. See Can you Freeze Banana Bread for more tips.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store leftovers at room temperature wrapped for up to 3 days. You can also place in the refrigerator for it to last up to a week. We love to enjoy it sliced topped with butter.
When making this pumpkin banana bread you want to use canned pumpkin puree. Do not use pumpkin pie filling as it does not work in this recipe.
The best way to check for doneness is to insert toothpick and comes out clean or use a knife. The top of the banana bread will be golden brown when done. If it gets to brown, then you can cover the top with foil.
More Quick Bread Recipes
- Pecan Bread Recipe
- Libby’s Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Easy Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
If you make this Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe, make sure to leave a comment. We love hearing from you.
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease your loaf pan.
- In a stand up mixer, combine bananas and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well each time.
- Mix in oil and pumpkin. Make sure you also see <a href=”http://www.eatingonadime.com/how-to-make-pumpkin-puree/”>how to make pumpkin puree</a> easily to save you money.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 F for 70 to 80 minutes. Bread is done when a knife inserted comes out clean.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe