Pecan Bread is a delicious dessert that is perfect for after dinner or with your morning coffee. A family favorite bread recipe that is loaded with flavor.
Easy Pecan Bread Recipe:
Pecan bread is a delicious bread recipe that is loaded with flavor. We love that this bread can be served as a dessert, with your morning coffee or with a bowl of soup. This bread is loaded with pecans and has a buttery flavor.
This bread is simple to make with easy ingredients. If you bake a lot you may already have the majority of the ingredients. This bread is easily baked in a 9×13 pan so it is perfect to feed a crowd.
We love homemade bread recipes. The texture is crispy but the inside is soft and the perfect amount of flavor in every bite. Make this easy bread recipe for all your fall gatherings. You might also like Banana Pecan Bread Recipe.
What is Pecan Bread?
This pecan bread is a cross between a cookie and a bread recipe. It is not made in a loaf pan but in a regular size pan. The flavors are similar to a cookie but the texture is more like a bread.
I like to make this bread recipe the night before I serve it so it has time to really combine all the flavors. It is the my favorite bread recipe to make as the colder weather hits. But I also would enjoy during the warmer months.
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Butter, melted
- Eggs, beaten
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Chopped Pecans
How to Make Pecan Bread:
- Prepare oven and baking dish – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan. Grease and flour with a non-stick cooking spray or oil until smooth and set aside.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder – In a mixing bowl, whisk together the salt, flour, and baking powder or baking soda.
- Cream butter and sugars – In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and both sugars with a stand up or hand held mixture on low speed until combined and fluffy.
- Add Egg and Vanilla – Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Turn the speed up to medium and beat for 1 minute.
- Combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients – Turn the mixer back down to a low speed and slow add in the flour mixture until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Add in Pecans – Mix 1 ½ cups of the chopped pecans into the batter.
- Add to Prepared Baking Dish – Pour the mixture into the baking pan, top with the remaining pecans and bake for 30-35 minutes until the edges are lightly golden brown and the center of the bread is set.
- Serve and Enjoy – Allow the bread to cool completely in the pan. Then the bread is ready to cut into squares and enjoy!
Southern Pecan Bread Tips:
- Baked quick bread recipe- The bread will sink slightly in the middle and that edges will be golden brown.
- Check for doneness – Use a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread to check if bread is done. If toothpick comes out clean, bread is done. You do not want to overcook the bread.
- Top with Pecans – Before placing bread in the oven, top the pecan bread batter with the remaining pecans.
- Make Muffins – If you prefer, this recipe would work great in a muffin pan. Just line your muffin pan with muffin holders and place the batter in the pan. You may need to adjust your cooking time.
- Preparing Ingredients – Make sure to preheat oven completely and have your ingredients ready to go. As soon as I mix the ingredients, I like to get it poured into the prepared pan for baking.
How to Serve Pecan Bread:
We love warm bread straight from the oven. When we make this pecan bread it can easily be served warm or at room temperature. Here are some favorite ways to serve this bread:
- Butter – When the bread comes out of the oven, we let it rest for a few minutes. Then we cut a piece and spread some butter on top.
- Ice Cream – You can also serve this bread warm with some vanilla ice cream.
- Syrup – You can drizzle the bread with some maple syrup or caramel syrup. This gives it so much flavor.
More Easy Bread Recipes:
If you love making homemade bread recipes here are some of our favorites. There is no need for a bread machine or self rising flour. Just basic ingredients that you probably already have.
- Easy Cinnamon Swirl Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Easy Moist Banana Bread Recipe
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe
How to Store Leftovers:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Print Recipe here for Pecan Bread:
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9X13 baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and both sugars with a stand up or hand held mixture on low speed until combined and fluffy.
- Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Turn the speed up to medium and beat for 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer back down to a low speed and slow add in the flour mixture until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Mix 1 ½ cups of the chopped pecans into the batter.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan, top with the remaining pecans and bake for 30-35 minutes until the edges are lightly golden brown and the center of the bread is set.
- Allow the bread to cool completely in the pan. Then the bread is ready to cut into squares and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Easy Pecan Recipes:
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Recipe
- Easy Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- Candied Pecans Stovetop Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe