This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
We have the best and easiest recipe for Chocolate Pecan Pie. Everyone will love this twist on the classic Southern dessert. It is sure to be a hit and the perfect finish to any meal.
There is something so comforting about a Chocolate Pecan Pie. It’s loaded with the most delicious pecans and chocolate chips mixture. It’s a classic pecan pie recipe with a twist.
You know how much I love chocolate. So I knew I had to add melted chocolate to one of my traditional pecan pie recipe.
Table of Contents
Why We Love this Recipe:
This is one of our favorite Thanksgiving desserts. Everyone loves pecan pie and this recipe with the chocolate chips is so good. The chocolate chips truly take this dessert to a new level.
If you are looking for a new dessert, this twist on the classic pecan pie is amazing. The chocolate chips blend together with the pecans and it’s just the best dessert.
It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare this family favorite holiday pie. You will love the flavor and how easy it is to make.
- Large Eggs
- Light or Dark Corn Syrup
- Granulated Sugar
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Unsalted Butter, melted
- Vanilla Extract
- Pecan Halves
- Unbaked Pie Crust
Scroll to the bottom of the post to see recipe card for the full list of ingredients and recipe.
- Pie Crust – We used a store-bought pie crust to make this recipe. But you can easily make this with a Homemade Pie Crust. You can easily prepare on a lightly floured surface and bake in a 9-inch pie plate.
- Chocolate Chips – Feel free to change the chocolate chips to what you prefer. You can use bittersweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips as an easy substitution.
- Cocoa Powder – To enhance the chocolate flavor, add in a teaspoon of cocoa powder.
- Brown Sugar – Feel free to substitute brown sugar for white sugar. You can also do a combination of both.
Step by Step Instructions:
Step 1- In a medium bowl or large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, and corn syrup. Then add in chocolate chips, melted butter and vanilla until well blended.
Step 2 – Stir in pecans until well coated.
Step 3 – Then pour then pecan mixture into pie pan.
Step 4 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then bake for about 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Combine Ingredients – Combine the ingredients together in a bowl. Make sure when adding in the pecans that they are full coated with the mixture.
- Baking Pie – I like to sit the pie on a rimmed baking sheet while in the oven. This is handy to catch any spills.
- Cooking Time – Cooking time will vary based on your oven. We recommend checking them pie after about 45 minutes. If knife comes out clean, then pie is finished cooking.
- Cover Pie – If you find that your pie shell is burning on the edges, you may need to cover the edges with foil. Another option is to use a pie crust shield. This allow the center to finish cooking without burning the pie.
- Rest Pie – Before slicing into pie, we recommend to allow it to cool for about an hour on a wire rack. This is the perfect pie to make in advance.
How do you know when the Pie is done:
It is always my fear that when I go to serve the pie that it isn’t done. But I have figured out with the pecan pie the middle should be set. Just slightly tap the center and it should spring back when done. It always seems if there is a jiggle in the middle and I go and cut it, it is not done.
The trick I have found is to use a food thermometer. Who knew that it would work on your pies too? Insert it in the middle and if it reads 200 degrees then your pie is done. Still let the pie set for about an hour before slicing.
This pie is so amazing all by itself. However, it goes to an entirely new level with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Letting the ice cream melt a little, mixes perfectly with the melty sweet chocolate filling.
I love homemade ice cream with this pie, but then I discovered that I could make Homemade Whipped Cream Topping. It was so good and so easy to make. Plus you only need two ingredients. My family loves traditional cool whip.
Do you use Light or Dark Corn Syrup?
When baking this pie, we like to use corn syrup which gives your pie the perfect combination of sweetness and gooeyness that this pecan pie needs. Rather you use dark or light it is completely up to you and your preference.
Dark corn syrup gives your pie a more robust flavor. Light corn syrup gives a more delicate vanilla flavor. We usually have light corn syrup in our pantry, so I would use what you have on hand.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Store you leftovers in the fridge covered with plastic wrap or foil. This pie will stay fresh for up to 3 to 4 days.
Yes, you can freeze this pie. Bake the pie as normal and allow to cool to room temperature. Cover the pie with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. I also like to place in a zip lock bag. If stored properly it will stay fresh for up to 3 months.
Yes, this is the perfect pie to make in advance. Since it needs plenty of time to cool before serving, make the pie the night before serving.
More Pecan Recipes to Try:
We love hearing from you. If you make this Easy Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe, make sure to leave us a comment.
Chocolate Pecan Pie
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, chips, butter and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool for an hour before cutting
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe