I have a super delicious and very easy Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe for you to try. Creamy layers of pumpkin pie and cheesecake combine for a decadent dessert. Each bite is simply amazing!
This is by far one of the best cheesecakes that I have had – that is a direct quote from my family.
If you have ever made the traditional Pumpkin Pie around the holidays and thought, I wish there was a little bit more to this.
Or maybe you or some family members are not a fan of the traditional pumpkin pie, then this pumpkin cheesecake recipe is for you!
Just look at those beautiful layers. Your family and friends will enjoy this yummy dessert this holiday season. You might also like No Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe.
How do you make pumpkin cheesecake from scratch?
It is actually very simple to make this amazing pumpkin cheesecake from scratch. You know we like to keep things simple and this recipe is SO easy!
A lot of cheesecake recipes are made in a spring foam pan and some even require an ice bath in a large roasting pan. However, I made this cheesecake in a pie crust and it was delicious.
Plus it was a lot easier to make too.
Keep reading to see just how simple it is to make this Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe.
Let’s make this delicious pie!
- Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- Granulated Sugar
- Pre-made Graham Cracker Crust
- Canned Pumpkin
- For the Spices – You can also use ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice instead of the cloves and nutmeg if you prefer.
- You can also make your own homemade pumpkin puree instead of using canned pumpkin if you prefer.
- Also, you can use ½ cups brown sugar instead of white sugar if that’s all you have on hand. The flavor will be the same but the texture will be slightly different.
- I love using a classic graham cracker crust for this recipe but a Gingersnap piecrust would be delicious in this recipe as well.
How to make pumpkin cheesecake:
First, preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. This will be very thick.
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing completely each time.
Remove 1 cup of the cheesecake filling (cream cheese mixture) and spread it in the bottom of the prepared graham cracker crust. This mixture should go halfway up the sides of the crust.
Add the pumpkin and spices to the rest of the cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
Then carefully spread the pumpkin cream cheese mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture. This will come pretty close to the top, but the cheesecake will settle as you cook it.
Bake the cheesecake for 30 minutes – 40 minutes, being careful not to overcook it. You will know it is done when the center is almost set (but still a little jiggly).
Once cooked, carefully remove from the cheesecake from the oven and let it reach room temperature before you refrigerate.
The place the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill and then it’s ready to serve. I like to make mine the day before so it is just right when we’re ready to eat it.
How to serve this Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe:
I love serving this cheesecake topped with Homemade Whipped Cream.
You can also top it with caramel sauce and your favorite type of chopped up nuts to add a bit of crunch to this cheesecake.
This cheesecake is also great served with vanilla ice cream on top.
Can this Cheesecake be made ahead of time:
Yes, this cheesecake can be made the night before serving. I actually think it tastes better when served the next day.
It’s perfect to make the day before Thanksgiving and then it’s ready to serve the next day.
I do not recommend making it more than 1 day before serving.
How to Store:
Cover the leftover cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Can Pumpkin Cheesecake be Frozen:
Cheesecake actually freezes great. If you are going to make this cheesecake more than 1 day in advance, I recommend freezing it.
Cover the cheesecake and freeze for up to 2-3 months. However, it is best to serve it within a month.
Defrost at room temperature for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator and then it’s ready to serve.
Tips to make the Best Cheesecake:
- Use full fat ingredients for the best flavor in this cheesecake recipe.
- Make sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature so that there are not any lumps in your cheesecake.
- Ensure that the cheesecake cools to room temperature before moving to the refrigerator or the cheesecake might get soggy.
This is an easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe.
Now if that isn’t one of the easiest cheesecakes you’ve ever made, then I don’t know what is. We can’t wait for you to try this delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe!
We used a prepared graham cracker crust from the grocery store. You can use graham cracker crumbs if you prefer to make your own for this pumpkin cheesecake recipe.
Do you have a favorite alternative to the traditional holiday pumpkin pie? We’d love to hear what you normally make for Thanksgiving dinner.
How to Transport:
This pumpkin cheesecake is always a hit so you might want to make two. I normally do this if taking it to a family gathering during the holidays.
I use one of these handy pie carriers and transporting the pie is super easy. This is something I use a lot and it helps prevents spills in the car.
Have you seen the double decker pie carriers? These are perfect if you need to transport 2 pies to a Holiday party.
Print this delicious pumpkin cheesecake recipe below:
- (2) 8 ounce packages Cream Cheese softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 Premade Graham Cracker Crust (9" crust)
- ¾ cup Canned Pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. This will be very thick.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing completely each time.
- Remove 1 cup of the cream cheese mixture and spread in the bottom of the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Add pumpkin and spices to the rest of the cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
- Carefully spread the pumpkin cream cheese mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture. This will come pretty close to the top, but the cheesecake will settle as you cook it.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, being careful not to overcook it. You know it is done when the center is almost set (but still a little jiggly). Once cooked, remove from the oven and let it reach room temperature before you refrigerate (moving it to the fridge too soon could cause it to get soggy).
- Be sure to cheesecake gets well chilled before serving. I like to make mine the day before so it is just right when we’re ready to eat it.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe