This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This rich and creamy No Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe is the perfect pie for all your holiday plans. It is easy to make and with simple ingredients.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe:
Pumpkin Pie is a classic dessert that we make every Christmas and Thanksgiving. This No Bake Pumpkin Pie still hits our pumpkin craving but requires very little prep work and results are amazing.
The Pumpkin Puree is mixed with vanilla pudding and seasoning then folded with cool whip. Then the pumpkin ingredients are topped in a graham cracker crust. There is no need for cream cheese layer in this recipe, just simple ingredients and your pie will be delicious.
Anyone can prepare this simple dessert and you will still impress your family with their favorite pumpkin pie. Save oven space this holiday seasoning and make this easy pumpkin pie recipe.
- Graham Cracker Crust
- Pure Pumpkin Puree (15 oz)
- Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.4 oz)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Whipped Topping (8 oz) Cool Whip
- Whipped Cream (for serving)
How to Make a No Bake Pumpkin Pie:
- Mix the Pumpkin Ingredients – In a large mix bowl, stir together the simple ingredients. Mix together the pumpkin puree, pudding mix, milk, ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in Cool Whip – Then fold in the cool whip. Then spread this mixture into the graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate the Pie – Refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight) until the pie is set.
- Serve and Enjoy – Slice and serve topped with the whipped cream and enjoy!
- Whipped Topping – We recommend whipped topping for this pumpkin pie. It is an easy ingredient and add some cinnamon with it makes the perfect combination.
Substitutions and Additions:
- Change the Crust – We use a premade graham cracker crust for an easy crust. But you can easily use different types of cookies to make the crust. Try Vanilla Wafers, Oreos, Chocolate Pie Crust.
- Make Graham Cracker Crust – Make your Homemade graham cracker crust with graham crackers and butter.
- Homemade Whipped Cream – Instead of using store bought whipped cream, make Homemade Whipped Cream. It is easy to make and taste delicious.
- Pudding – We used vanilla pudding in this recipe, but you can easily use other flavors. Cheesecake or pumpkin flavor pudding would be amazing.
No Bake Pumpkin Pie Tips:
- Pumpkin Puree – Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling for this recipe. Pumpkin Pie Filling as other ingredients that are needed for this recipe.
- Let Pie Chill – Make sure that the pie is fully set when chilling before slicing.
- Make in Advance – This pie can easily be made 2-3 days before serving.
- Whipped Topping – Make sure the whipped topping has softened at room temperature. This will make it easier to combine with the pumpkin mixture and result in a lump free and smooth consistency.
Can I use a Different Crust for this Recipe?
Yes, you can use a different crust for this recipe. I love making homemade desserts as you can change them to what you have on hand or what you family loves.
You can crush different types of cookies to change the flavoring. Try Nilla Wafers, Oreo Cookies or Chocolate Chip Cookies. Homemade graham cracker is easy to make and taste amazing.
How to Serve Nobake Pumpkin Pie:
This No bake Pumpkin Pie is traditionally served as a dessert. But you can enjoy it as a breakfast or brunch with your pumpkin latte.
Top the easiest pumpkin pie recipe with whipped topping. We also like it with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie seasoning to make extra delicious.
It would even be amazing with a side of vanilla ice cream if you prefer.
How to Store:
Refrigerate leftover pie covered for up to 5 days. Make sure to cover with plastic wrap or a pie cover. This pie is perfect to make in advance. We like to serve it chilled so storing in the refrigerator a few days before storing, makes it amazing.
How to Freeze this Pie:
If you like to prepare your pies ahead of your holiday dinner, this is the perfect one to make. You can easily prepare this pie and freeze it. Make sure not to add the whipped topping until you are ready to serve.
We recommend covering the pie with plastic wrap and foil to make sure the pie doesn’t get freezer burns. This pie is good for 3 months in the freezer if stored properly.
It is helpful to mark the bag with the date so you know when it needs to be used by. When ready to eat, allow to thaw in the fridge overnight. The pie needs to be eaten with 1 to 2 days of taking out of the freezer. It will still have the best taste and texture.
Why we Love this Recipe:
- Easy Ingredients – These ingredients are so simple to grab at the store. If you bake pumpkin desserts often, you probably already have the majority of the desserts.
- Simple to Make – We love that this dessert is so simple to make. If you are have a last minute gathering, make this easy no bake pumpkin pie.
- No Bake Dessert – This no bake dessert is a crowd favorite and has all the flavors of pumpkin that we love.
- Free’s the Oven – During the holidays and preparing for dinner, it is nice to have the oven free for other food. You can easily prepare this pie ahead of time and enjoy for your dinner.
- Favorite Fall Dessert – This is the perfect pumpkin pie dessert. It doesn’t take a lot of work but still stays amazing.
Print Recipe here for No Bake Pumpkin Pie:
No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- (1) 9 inch Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 can Pure Pumpkin Puree 15 oz
- 1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding 3.4 oz
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 container Whipped Topping 8 oz Cool Whip
- Whipped Cream for serving
- In a large mix bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, pudding mix, milk, ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Then fold in the cool whip. Then spread this mixture into the graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight) until the pie is set.
- Slice and serve topped with the whipped cream and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe