This easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe will be a hit and it is so easy! The chocolate chips take the basic pumpkin bar to the next level!
Pumpkin chocolate chip bars
I love when everyone starts making all of the pumpkin recipes. Our family loves all things pumpkin!
You are going to love this new recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bars. The pumpkin flavors in these simple bars are the perfect balance to the chocolate chips! Trust me!
One bite and pumpkin and chocolate will be your new go to flavor combo! Yum!
I’ve already shown you a delicious Pumpkin Cookie Recipe, a yummy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe and some cute Pumpkin Cupcakes. Since you loved these recipes, I know you are going to enjoy these delicious Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars Recipe!
The chocolate chips with the pumpkin make for a decadent treat. I think you will really enjoy this recipe.
This recipe is simple to make but delicious too! Everything comes together in less than 35 minutes. It’s the perfect recipe for when you’re needing a last minute treat.
It will become a new Fall favorite with your family. I mean, how can you go wrong with the classic pumpkin bar taken to the next level with chocolate? You really can’t!
Let’s get started!
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – I love using this homemade pumpkin pie spice blend
- Eggs (room temperature)
- Canned Pumpkin – Learn how to make pumpkin puree.
- Mini Chocolate Chips
How to make pumpkin chocolate chip bars
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Next, prepare a baking pan by lining a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and then buttering the parchment paper. You can also spray it with non stick cooking spray.
While your oven is heating up, mix together the dry ingredients( flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice) in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
Next, in a separate large bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin and oil and mix them well.
Next, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until combined. Be careful to not over mix.
Once they’re combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
If you prefer, you can use your stand mixer to mix everything together, but it isn’t a necessity! I usually mix these together by hand.
After all of the ingredients are combined, spread batter into a 9X13 prepared pan and bake for 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with soft moist crumbs.
I use these silicone spatulas to help spread the mixture quickly and even in the pan.
Lastly, let the pumpkin bars cool completely before cutting. Usually I can get 36 bars out of one pan.
Can I use regular size chocolate chips?
Yes, you can use regular size chocolate chips. I prefer the mini chocolate chips so that the chocolate doesn’t over power the pumpkin flavor.
However, the regular ones will work if that’s all you have on hand.
My family loves this easy chocolate chip pumpkin bars and there are tons of ways that you can mix it up to make it your own!
- Use White chocolate chips if you like those more than milk chocolate.
- Top the bars with cream cheese or buttercream frosting to add even more sweetness! After the bars are completely cooled, top them with homemade cream cheese frosting! It is so good!
- Add in some oatmeal for a completely different texture!
How to Store:
Store the leftovers in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
These also freeze great! I stack the bars between parchment paper in a freezer bag so that they don’t stick together and they will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Try pumpkin bars with chocolate chips.
You are just going to love this easy pumpkin bars recipe with tons of pumpkin flavor! The chocolate chips are amazing and go perfectly with the yummy pumpkin. Everyone will ask for the recipe!
They are great for after school snacks, lunchbox treats, dessert and more!
Print this Pumpkin Chocolate chip bars recipe:
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, pumpkin and oil. Mix well.
- Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture until combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread into a 9X13 baking pan and bake for 30-32 minutes or until center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into 36 bars.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Check out 33 of the Best Pumpkin recipes