Everyone loves these decadent pumpkin cupcakes. They are so easy to make and the cream cheese frosting is heavenly. The entire recipe is super easy and sure to impress.
Did you enjoy the pumpkin cake recipe? Well, I have a similar recipe to share with you today that I think you are going to love – pumpkin cupcakes! This pumpkin cupcake recipe is so easy and delicious.
I made a delicious, yet equally simple cream cheese frosting to top these pumpkin cupcakes for one fabulous pumpkin dessert. Everyone goes crazy over them and I think you will see why after you make them.
Tips for pumpkin pie cupcakes:
Make sure you try some of our delicious cupcakes. I know you will find more your family will love.
All you need to make this recipe is a boxed cake mix and some pumpkin puree. Make sure you also see how to make pumpkin puree easily to save you money.
If you don’t have a cupcake pan (or you’re like me and you need a new one), I love this 12 cup muffin pan. This recipe makes 12 pumpkin cupcakes so this pan works perfectly.
Just make sure you have a good muffin tin to bake the cupcakes in. If you buy a good set, they will last forever.
We also like these silicone muffin pans. They are just so easy to use because of the silicone.
Also, you certainly can use a hand mixer but we love our stand mixer. It gets a ton of use and to this day is such a good investment.
We bake a lot so it is so handy and we love our mixer.
To make the cream cheese frosting, I simply blended butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar. This recipe for cream cheese frosting is amazing.
When you make the frosting, it works best if you whisk with a standing mixer for the perfect easy cream cheese frosting.
Save time and use a cookie scoop!
I have a set of stainless steel cookie scoops that I love and they make baking so much easier. You can order a set here.
They really are a time saver. If you love baking, I recommend that you keep these in your kitchen.
I don’t even consider myself a baker and I use them all the time. I use the largest size to scoop the cupcake batter and it makes it so easy.
The smaller scoop I use for cookies and to make meatballs. You will definitely get your money worth out of these little scoops.
Pumpkin cupcakes ingredients:
- Boxed Cake Mix (I have used Betty Crocker Spice Cake, White cake, and I have even used a gluten free cake mix)
- 2 cups homemade pumpkin puree (or 1 can 100% pumpkin)
Ingredients for the easy cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup cubed butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon of milk
How to make pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together cake mix and canned pumpkin. Mix until well combined. You can also easily make homemade canned pumpkin too.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. This will make 12 cupcakes.
- Bake at 350 F for 12-16 minutes or until top of cupcake bounces back when pressed down lightly and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the easy cream cheese frosting: Cream together butter and cream cheese with electric mixer with whisk attachment. Slowly add powdered sugar, whisking for 3-4 minutes. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk if the icing is too thick.
- Mix until it is blended into a beautiful frosting.
- Once cooled, frost the cupcakes.
- You can add a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice for added flavor and presentation if you would like.
Tip: The pumpkin pie spice adds a little extra pumpkin flavor if you really like that and it looks festive.
Learn how to make pumpkin pie spice recipe at home when you don’t have any on hand. It only takes a few minutes to make and it’s so easy. Plus, it saves a ton of money from buying store bought.
It’s that easy to make pumpkin cupcakes with with cream cheese frosting.
If you have about 30 minutes, you can whip up these pumpkin cupcakes. Head to the store, grab the few ingredients needed, and wow your family with these tasty treats.
Even if you are not a big fan of pumpkin flavored things, you need to give this recipe a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how much you like these. I have some pumpkin-picky eaters and they all loved these pumpkin cupcakes.
You might also like to try to learn how to make buttercream icing for even more options. Yum!
Try making mini pumpkin spice cupcakes.
This recipe would also be perfect to make mini cupcakes. Just use a a mini-muffin pan.
This is the perfect size for little hands or when you want smaller portions. What a fun treat!
The kids get excited because they get to eat more than one since they are mini size. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time if you decide to make mini lemon cupcakes.
The mini cupcakes do not take as long to bake.
These are so pretty displayed on a cupcake stand! I have one that I use for all my birthday parties, holidays and more. They come in so handy! You could also put some of the cupcakes on a pretty cake stand.
If you need to transport your cupcakes, these cupcake carries are so handy! You can even get one of the double or triple ones to carry even more cupcakes!
This is especially nice if you are taking the cupcakes to school or a cookout. There isn’t anything worse than ruined cupcakes in the back of a car!
Try these easy pumpkin cupcakes today!
There is so much delicious pumpkin flavor and it is one of our favorite pumpkin recipes. The frosting recipe is easy and everyone will love these pumpkin spiced baked goods.
Whether you make regular size cupcakes or mini cupcakes, they are so easy and absolutely delicious. The cupcakes are so light and fluffy and just an all around great recipe.
Print this easy pumpkin cupcake recipe!
These pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting will melt in your mouth. You will be surprised how easy this pumpkin cupcakes recipe is to make. Try it!
- 1 box Cake Mix (I used Betty Crocker Spice Cake)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (or 1 can 100% pumpkin. Make sure you also see how to make pumpkin puree easily to save you money.)
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup cubed butter (softened)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Mix together cake mix and pumpkin. Mix until well combined.
Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. This will make 12 cupcakes.
Bake at 350 F for 12-16 minutes or until top of cupcake bounces back when pressed down lightly.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Cream together butter and cream cheese with electric mixer with whisk attachment. Slowly add powdered sugar, whisking for 3-4 minutes. Add up to 1 tablespoon of milk if the icing is too thick.
Once cooled, frost the cupcakes. You can add a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice for added flavor and presentation.
The cream cheese icing makes this dessert impossible to pass on!
Try these other easy pumpkin desserts:
- Easy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
- The best Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
- 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Eclair Cake
- Crockpot Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- The Best Ever Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Cake
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Try these other easy cupcake recipes:
- Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
- Mini Brownie Cupcakes Recipe
- Low Calorie Lemon Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with easy Cream Cheese Frosting
- S’mores Cupcakes Recipe
- Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint Cupcakes Recipe
- Angel Food Cupcakes
- Homemade Twix Bar Cupcakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Orange Soda Cupcakes
- Cherry Limeade Cupcakes