This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
I have a delicious recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes that I think you are going to love. The homemade chocolate cupcake is moist and sweet and the peanut butter frosting adds the perfect touch.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe:
These have become my go-to cupcake recipe! There is really nothing better than combining chocolate and peanut butter! The texture of this cupcake is so incredibly soft and moist! I especially love that they are homemade and the ingredients are simple and you probably have most of the ingredients in your pantry!
If you are a fan of chocolate and peanut butter as much as I am, you have to give these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes a try today!
So easy to make!
These are the perfect cupcake to make for any party or get-together! Your friends and family are going to love these chocolate cupcakes with the peanut butter frosting. Even though the chocolate cupcake is fudgy and the perfect the texture, the frosting is my favorite part. The peanut butter frosting is so creamy, not to sweet and it is so fluffy!
Use these cute paper cupcake liners for the next party you take them to. When I just make these for home, I like to use silicone cupcake liners. I can reuse them over and over again and they hold up very well.
If you are looking for another fun cupcake recipe, try these Cherry Limeade Cupcakes. The are the perfect blend of sweet and tart. Make sure you try some of our delicious cupcakes. I know you will find more your family will love.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Whole Milk
- Boiling Water
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes:
1. Line the cupcake pan with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the dry ingredients, including the baking soda and salt, in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
4. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients. Beat for 3 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed.
5. Slowly add the boiling water to the batter. The batter may appear a bit on the runny side.
6. Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
8. Cupcake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes to wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
Did someone say Peanut Butter frosting?
Even though the chocolate cupcake is light and airy, the homemade peanut butter frosting is the best! I love peanut butter and when it is made into a frosting it is just completes this cupcake. Some of my kids don’t like frosting on their cupcakes, but when I make these cupcakes – they request extra frosting!
Make sure you use unsalted butter for the frosting as the peanut butter is salty enough. Also, be sure to use butter as margarine will change the texture of the frosting.
Peanut Butter Frosting Ingredients
How to make Peanut Butter frosting?
1. Cream the butter, peanut butter and powder sugar until it becomes light and creamy. If it is too thick, add a few drops of the heavy whipping cream until it is the desired consistency. If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
2. Use a pastry bag with a large tip to pipe the frosting on the cupcake. You can make this as simple or fancy as you like. Enjoy!
I just love these chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. I hope you do, too!
Can I freeze these cupcakes?
Yes, you can! I was excited to know that cupcakes freeze great! Just simply store individually-wrapped cupcakes in an airtight bag or container. To keep the cupcakes from rolling around in your freezer, place the individually-wrapped cupcakes in freezer-safe plastic bag or container.
You can freeze cupcakes up to about 3 months. They can even be frosted and freeze great too! When I get a craving for a piece of cake, I love to open my freezer and thaw out one of these cupcakes to room temperature. You can even surprise your kids and put one in their lunch! I like to make these cupcakes up as I am meal prepping for the week. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes make for a great week!
Everyone loves these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes!
You just have to try these! Serve them with a big glass of milk or some vanilla ice cream. This is the perfect dessert anytime of the day! I have been known to have one with my coffee in the morning. They are so good!
One of my friends replaces the milk with sour cream! But it is not necessary! If you are feeling really fancy, you can add a peanut butter cup to the top of the cupcake! My kids love it when I do this! I have even added some dark chocolate chips in the mix! You can never have to much chocolate!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcake:
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Cocoa
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 2 TSP Vanilla
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 4 Cups powdered sugar
- Chocolate Cupcake:
- Line the cupcake pan with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients, flour through salt, in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients. Beat for 3 minutes with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Slowly add the boiling water to the batter. The batter may appear a bit on the runny side.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes to wire rack and cool completely before frosting.
- Peanut Butter Frosting:
- Cream the butter, peanut butter and powder sugar until it becomes light and creamy. If it is too thick, add a few drops of the heavy whipping cream until it is the desired consistency. If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Use a pastry bag with a large tip to pipe the frosting on the cupcake. You can make this as simple or fancy as you like. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy Cupcake Recipes:
- Orange Soda Cupcakes
- Easy Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Make your own Funfetti Cupcakes
- Angel Food Cupcakes Recipe
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes Recipe
- Cherry Limeade Cupcakes Recipe