This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Get ready for a burst of flavor when you make Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes. The combination of real strawberries and lemonade make these cupcakes so tasty and really fabulous. Each cupcake is decorated with homemade icing for the perfect dessert.
I have a fun and delicious cupcakes recipe for you – Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes. They start with a cake mix but we jazz things up with a few little extras so they taste bakery quality. I can’t wait for you to try this. It also makes an Easy Valentine’s Day Recipes to share with your loved ones.
Table of Contents
Why We Love This Recipe
Once you are finished making these, you will wonder why you didn’t make them sooner. The combination of lemonade and strawberries really make this so moist.
The frosting is so light and fluffy and made with simple ingredients. Not only are the cupcakes delicious, but the icing is made with lemonade mix too.
You are going to love the lemon flavor combined with strawberry flavor for a crowd pleasing cupcake recipe.
- White Cake Mix
- Strawberry Jello
- Sweetened Lemonade Mix
For the full recipe and ingredients, scroll to the bottom to see the recipe card.
- Strawberries – When I made this strawberries were not in season so I used frozen and that is one option. However, once Strawberries start to get in season and are so cheap, I like to use fresh. Feel free to use whatever you have.
- Cake Mix – Feel free to change the cake mix to what you prefer. This recipe would even delicious with Moist Lemon Cupcakes with fresh squeeze lemon juice and lemon zest. Even better topped with a lemon cream cheese frosting.
- Jello – You can easily change the jello pudding mix for another flavor. Try it with blueberry or raspberry for a delicious variation. Then puree fresh or frozen fruit make these cupcakes your own.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1 – Mix together the cake mix, dry Jello and 2 tablespoons of the lemonade. Go ahead and also preheat the oven too.
Step 2 – Puree the strawberries with a food processor and it only takes a few seconds. Add the strawberry puree to the cake mix along with eggs and oil . Mix everything together.
Step 3 – Put cupcake liners in the pan and fill with the batter. I like to use a cookie scoop to do this but it’s totally optional. It definitely helps to make it go faster and to ensure each one is the same size. Then bake and cool completely.
Step 4 – Cream the butter then slowly add the powdered sugar and lemonade mix. You can use a stand mixer if you have one. Next, add water as needed but just a little at a time until the frosting is the preferred consistency.
Step 5 – Put the icing into a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes. I love these Wilton throw away bags because you can just toss them once you are finished.
Step 6 – This last step is optional but you can dust with sparkling sugar, top with lemon candy and a fun straw if you prefer. So fun!
- Combine Ingredients – We combined the ingredients by hand, but you can also use a stand mixer or a hand mixer.
- Puree Fruit – For best results, we recommend using a food processor to puree the strawberries. This gives the strawberries the best consistency before pouring into the dry ingredients.
- Divide Cupcake Batter – Evenly divide the cupcake batter into the paper liners. We like to use a cooking scoop as it seems to be easier and less messy.
- Cool Cupcakes – Before frosting cupcakes, allow them to cool to room temperature on a wire rack. This will help to distribute the frosting evenly without the cupcakes getting messed up.
- Frosting the Cupcakes – Use a piping bag to frost the cupcakes. If you do not have a piping bag, another option is to use a ziplock bag. Just cut the corner of the bag and then you can easily frost the cupcakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this is the perfect recipe to make ahead of time. We recommend preparing the cupcakes and then storing them in an airtight container. Then when ready to serve add your frosting and toppings.
Store your leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Yes, you can freeze these cupcakes. Once the cupcakes have cooled to room temperature, store in a freezer safe container or zip lock bag. We recommend frosting after thawing to create a beautiful pink cupcake.
More Easy Cupcake Recipe
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with easy Cream Cheese Frosting
- S’mores Cupcakes Recipe
- Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint Cupcakes Recipe
- Angel Food Cupcakes
- Homemade Twix Bar Cupcakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Orange Soda Cupcakes
- Cherry Limeade Cupcakes
Try these Strawberry Desserts
- Strawberry Rice Kripies
- 2 Ingredient Strawberry Angel food cake
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Strawberry Lasagna Recipe
We love hearing from you. If you make this Strawberry Lemonade Cupcake Recipe, please leave us a comment or a star review.
Strawberrry Lemonade Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
For the Frosting and Serving:
- ½ cup Butter
- 6 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Lemonade mix
- 2 tbsp Water
- Chewy Lemonheads candy optional
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together Cake mix, dry Jello and 2 tbsp lemonade mix.
- Puree strawberries.
- Add strawberries, eggs and vegetable oil to dry ingredients.
- Mix until smooth and blended.
- Place liners in cupcake pan and fill 2/3 to ¾ full.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cook completely.
For the Frosting and Serving:
- Cream butter in a medium bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar and ¼ cup lemonade mix. Add water as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
- Transfer icing to piping bag or zippered bag and clip corner to pipe.
- Ice tops of each cupcake and top each cupcake with a Lemonhead candy.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe