Get ready for a burst of flavor when you make Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes. The combination of real strawberries and lemonade make these cupcakes so tasty and really fabulous. Each cupcake is decorated with homemade icing for the perfect dessert.
I have a fun and delicious cupcakes recipe for you – Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes. They start with a cake mix but we jazz things up with a few little extras so they taste bakery quality.
Once you are finished making these, you will wonder why you didn’t make them sooner. The combination of lemonade and strawberries really make this so moist.
Plus, the frosting is so light and fluffy! Oh my goodness. Not only are the cupcakes delicious, but the icing is made with lemonade mix too! YUM!!
I can’t wait for you to try this.
Let’s get started!
You are going to love the lemon flavor combined with strawberry flavor. Yum!
Try all of our delicious cupcake recipes for even more tasty ideas.
- White Cake Mix – Stock up when cake mixes go on sale and buy extra for the pantry.
- Strawberry jello
- Sweetened lemonade mix
- Strawberries – When I made this strawberries were not in season so I used frozen and that is one option. However, once Strawberries start to get in season and are so cheap, I like to use fresh. Feel free to use whatever you have.
How to make strawberry lemonade cupcakes:
1. First, mix together the cake mix, dry jello and 2 tablespoons of the lemonade. Go ahead and also preheat the oven too.
2. Second, you need to puree the strawberries but this is easy. I use my food processor and it only takes a few seconds.
3. Next, add the strawberry puree to the cake mix along with eggs and oil . It looks and smells amazing. Mix everything together.
Seriously though…. try not to eat this with a spoon. Please wait until after the cupcakes are in the oven and you can lick the bowl clean. Don’t judge me!
4. Put cupcake liners in the pan and fill with the batter. I like to use a cookie scoop to do this but it’s totally optional. It definitely helps to make it go faster and to ensure each one is the same size.
5. Finally, bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool before decorating!
Now, let’s make the icing!
First, cream the butter. Slowly add the powdered sugar and lemonade mix. You can use a stand mixer if you have one.
Next, add water as needed but just a little at a time until the frosting is the preferred consistency.
Put the icing into a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes. I love these Wilton throw away bags because you can just toss them once you are finished.
Another option is to use a ziplock bag and just cut the corner to pipe the icing if you don’t have a piping bag.
This last step is optional but you can dust with sparkling sugar, top with lemon candy and a fun straw if you prefer. So fun!
Print this strawberry lemonade cupcakes recipe below:
This delicious Strawberrry Lemonade Cupcakes recipe is make with real strawberries and actually lemonade! They are delicious!
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 box Strawberry Jell-O
- 2 tbsp Sweetened Lemonade mix
- 16 oz thawed package Frozen Strawberries in Sugar or your could use FRESH strawberries when they are in season
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Butter
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sweetened Lemonade mix
- 2 tbsp Water
- Chewy Lemonheads candy optional
Preheat oven to 350.
Stir together Cake mix, dry Jello and 2 tbsp lemonade mix.
Add strawberries, eggs and vegetable oil to dry ingredients.
Mix until smooth and blended.
Place liners in cupcake pan and fill 2/3 to 3/4 full.
Bake about 20 minutes.
Allow to cook completely.
Cream butter in a medium bowl
Slowly add in the powdered sugar and ? cup lemonade mix. Add water as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
Transfer icing to piping bag or zippered bag and clip corner to pipe.
Ice tops of each cupcake.
Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for up to 4-5 days.
More easy cupcakes:
- Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes Recipe
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
- Mini Brownie Cupcakes Recipe
- Low Calorie Lemon Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with easy Cream Cheese Frosting
- S’mores Cupcakes Recipe
- Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint Cupcakes Recipe
- Angel Food Cupcakes
- Homemade Twix Bar Cupcakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Orange Soda Cupcakes
- Cherry Limeade Cupcakes