If you love Girl Scout thin mint cookies, you have to make this delicious Thin mint cupcakes recipe. The mint plus the chocolate and the decadent icing combine for the best treat.
Thin mint cupcakes recipe
I have a super delicious cupcake recipe for you today – Girl Scout cookie thin mint cupcakes! That’s right, I said Thin Mint!
I don’t know about you, but this is probably my favorite Girl Scout cookie. What could be better than turning your favorite cookie into a delicious cupcake?
If you like this recipe, you’ll want to try even more of my easy cupcakes recipes. These are equally delicious!
These Girl Scout cookie thin mint cupcakes are not very difficult to make. The results are fantastic and the cupcakes look so fancy. However, they come together quickly and easily with very little effort.
Supplies for girl scout cookie cupcake:
- Cupcake Liners – I love to use these silicone cupcake liners. I love that I can reuse these over and over again. If silicone liners aren’t your thing, you can find a variety of fun cupcake liners on Amazon.
- Piping bag – I like to use Wilton throw away bags to make clean up super easy.
- Mixer – I love my kitchen aid stand mixer but a hand mixer is great too.
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- baking powder
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- chocolate chips
- heavy whipping cream
How to make thin mint cupcakes:
1. First, line your cupcake pan with liners and preheat your oven.
2. Second, you will need a large mixing bowl to whisk sugar, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and oil together.
3. Next, get out a separate bowl and mix together all of the dry ingredients.
4. Add half of the dry ingredients into the bowl with the liquid mixture and stir well.
5. Finally, add the milk and stir gently. Add the remaining dry ingredients and combine. Be careful not to over mix this.
Fill each cupcake liner half way and bake. These do not take long and about 15-20 minutes. I like to insert a toothpick in the middle to make sure it comes out clean.
Let the cupcakes cool before icing.
Let’s make the Chocolate Ganache.
Add the chocolate chips and whipping cream together in a small bowl. Put this in the microwave for 40 seconds intervals. Stir and keep microwaving in short intervals until melted.
Now my favorite party- Frost the Cupcakes.
1. First, take each cupcake and dip into the chocolate ganache. Quickly turn right side up so the ganache can set on top.
2. Second, use the vanilla frosting or your favorite homemade frosting recipe. Cream cheese icing is yummy too. Add small amounts of the green food coloring until you reach your desired color for the mint frosting. You can even add mint or peppermint extract.
3. Lastly, use the piping bag and frost the cupcakes. Top each one with a thin mints cookie. You can even crush up a few extra cookies and sprinkle them over the top for more yummy deliciousness!
Try making grasshopper cupcakes today!
Print this recipe for girl scout thin mint cookie cupcake:
Do you love Girl Scout Cookies thin mints? Make these girl scout cookie thin mint cupcakes at home. This delicious cupcakes recipe will impress your family.
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 350°F and line pan with silicone or paper cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract and oil together.
In a different bowl combine all of the dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Pour half of these dry ingredients into the liquid mixture. Stir well.
Add in the milk and gently stir again. Add in the rest of the dry ingredients, being careful not to over mix.
Fill the cupcake liners half full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
To make the gonache, add the chocolate chips and whipping cream together in a small bowl and microwave for 40 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir. Continue to microwave until smooth.
Dip the cooled cupcakes into the gonache and turn right side up to allow gonache to set on top.
Use the vanilla frosting or your favorite homemade frosting recipe, adding small amounts of green food coloring until you have reached your desired colored.
Pipe frosting onto the cupcakes and top with a Thin Mints cookie! You can even crush up a few extra cookies and sprinkle them over the top for more yummy deliciousness!
You will love this recipe that turns my personal favorite Girl Scout cookie into a cupcake!