This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Make cherry limeade cupcakes for a fun treat for parties, cookouts and birthdays. These cupcakes are so vibrant and taste delicious.
Cherry limeade cupcakes
I have a fun cupcake recipe for you today! I can’t wait for you to try these delicious cherry limeade cupcakes. If you love cherry limeades as much as my family does, I know you will love this fun recipe.
The cherry and lime combination is amazing and the cupcakes are so moist and flavorful. Plus, they just look gorgeous. This recipe will brighten anyone’s day!
Make sure you try some more of our delicious cupcakes. I know you will find more recipes your family will love.
- white cake mix and ingredients needed based on the box instructions
- box of lime jello mix
How to make cherry limeade cupcakes:
First, bake the cupcakes based on the box instructions. Let the cupcakes cool for about 10-15 minutes. Another idea is add lime zest to the cupcake batter.
Second, poke the cupcakes all over. I normally use a fork to do this. You want to make sure that the fork goes all the way to the bottom. This will help the jello soak in every spot once you get to that step.
Next, boil the water and dissolve the jello mix in the water. Use a spoon and put the jello mixture over the cupcakes.
Once you have covered all the cupcakes, put them in the fridge to let the jello set.
Now for the Cherry Frosting Recipe:
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- red gel food coloring
- heavy whipping cream
- cherry extract
First, cream the butter and powder sugar together until it looks light and fluffy. If it doesn’t cream to the desired consistency, add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it does.
Next, add the cherry extract and stir it all together. Go ahead and add the red gel food coloring and mix it together well. If the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak, it is ready. You can test this by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then…. Add more powder sugar. I like to do ½ cup at a time until you get the desired consistency.
It is easier to add more than take away so you definitely want to just add a little at a time.
Put the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip. I like to use these Wilton disposable bags.
It helps to twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip. Once this is ready, start frosting the cupcakes. I like to start on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
Finally, this is optional but looks so pretty. Put a wedge of fresh lime on the center of each cupcake. You can also put a cherry on top as well.
Of course you want these to have the cutest cupcake liners.
I just love how they turned out.
Give this fun and delicious recipe a try. I think they turned out great and I can’t wait for you to try them.
Make them for your next party or just because. The cake mix helps to make it quick and easy!
Print the recipe for cherry limeade cupcakes below:
Cherry Limeade Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix plus ingredients needed based on the box instructions
- 1 3 oz box lime jello mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp cherry extract
- red gel food coloring
- Bake the cupcakes based on the box instructions.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Poke the cupcakes with a fork multiples times ensuring that you go to the bottom of the cupcakes.
- Boil the 1 cup of water in a separate pan.
- Dissolve the jello mix in the boiling water.
- Spoon the jello mixture over the cupcakes evenly.
- Refrigerate the cupcakes until the jello is set.
- Now for the Cherry Frosting Directions:
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy. If it doesn’t cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Add the cherry extract. Stir to mix well. Add red gel food coloring. Stir to mix well. Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then…. Add more powder sugar ½ C at a time…. mix well.
- If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Start the frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
- Place a small wedge of fresh lime on the center of the cupcake.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe