I thought I had struck it gold when I made my lemon 80 calorie cupcakes. Then I was in love when my Chocolate 80 calorie cupcakes were a huge success. I thought that was the best we could do for a low calorie cupcake. However, I have beat all odds and created a 60 calorie cupcake – Angel Food Cupcakes. Now if you don’t want the strawberry or Cool whip, this cupcake will actually only be 41 calories each… WHAT??! Yes, you read that right… only 41 calories each.
These Angel Food Cupcakes are easy to make and only 60 calories each! They will be the talk of your next party and are the perfect "healthier" treat.
- 1 box Angel Food Cake mix
- Cool Whip Free
- Fresh Strawberries (cut into quarters)
- cupcake liners
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare Angel Food according to the directions.
Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners about 3/4 full (I used big cookie scoop). Will make about 41 cupcakes.
Bake for 8 minutes until the top is slightly colored (not brown anymore)
Allow to cool completely.
Add 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip free to each cupcake
Add 2 pieces of strawberries for decorations (2 quarters).
You are going to love this guilt free dessert!
Angel Food Cupcakes are less than 60 Calories each!
So you are probably wondering where we came up with 60 calories, right?
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker Angel Food Cupcakes – 1680 servings (we made 41 cupcakes) = only 41 calories each
- 2 Tablespoons of Cool Whip free – 15 calories
- Straberries – they have practically no calories – only 28 calories for an entire cup. Since we used just a half a strawberry, I just rounded up.
- Grand total is 56 calories plus the half a strawberry!
For another low calorie treat idea, try the recipe for Low Calorie Lemon Cupcakes. They are light and fluffy and only 80 calories!
What are you waiting for!? You have to try them out! Make sure you try some of our delicious cupcakes. I know you will find more your family will love.
Try our other two low calorie cupcakes: