Angel food cupcakes recipe comes together so easy and has only 60 calories! Everyone will enjoy this lighter treat and it is delicious.
Angel food cupcakes recipe
I thought that was the best we could do for a low calorie cupcake. However, I have beat all odds and created a 60 calorie cupcake – Angel Food Cupcakes.
Now if you don’t want the strawberry or Cool whip, this cupcake will actually only be 41 calories each… WHAT??! Yes, you read that right… only 41 calories each.
Can you believe it? Keep reading to see how easy it is. Plus, it really is SO tasty!
- Angel Food Cake Mix
- Cool Whip Free
- Fresh strawberries
How to make angel food cupcakes:
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Next, prepare the angel food cake mix according to the directions. Use a spatula to gently fold the ingredients.
Place the cupcake liners in muffin tins.
Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners about ¾ full. It will make about 41 cupcakes. (We used a cookie scoop.)
Bake the cupcakes for 12-14 minutes until the top is slightly colored (not brown anymore).
Allow to cool completely.
Add cool whip to each cupcake. Also, add 1 strawberry sliced on top of each cupcake.
Angel food cake cupcakes are less than 60 Calories each!
So you are probably wondering where we came up with 60 calories, right?
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker Angel Food Cupcakes – 1680 servings (we made 41 cupcakes) = only 41 calories each
- 2 Tablespoons of Cool Whip free – 15 calories
- Strawberries – they have practically no calories – only 28 calories for an entire cup. Since we used just a half a strawberry, I just rounded up.
- Grand total is 56 calories plus the half a strawberry!
For another low calorie treat idea, try the recipe for Low Calorie Lemon Cupcakes. They are light and fluffy and only 80 calories!
If you are trying to keep the calories low, just use a little bit of whipped cream and sliced strawberry.
Other ideas include blueberries. They are so delicious and perfect with angel food cupcakes. Add a dollop of cool whip as well.
I have even just skipped the fruit and just added cool whip. Yum!
What are you waiting for!? You have to try them out! Make sure you try some of our delicious cupcakes. I know you will find more your family will love.
Angel Food Cupcake Tips:
I used a piping bag to decorate the cupcakes with cool whip. This is optional and you can just use a spoon if you prefer.
Save time and use a cookie scoop! I have a set of stainless steel cookie scoops that I love and they make baking so much easier. You can order a set here.
They really are a time saver. If you love baking, I recommend that you keep these in your kitchen.
I don’t even consider myself a baker and I use them all the time. I use the largest size to scoop the cupcake batter and it makes it so easy.
The smaller scoop I use for cookies and to make meatballs. You will definitely get your money worth out of these little scoops.
It is really important to not overfill the cupcake liners. You don’t want them to overflow!
Make sure you have a good muffin tin to bake the cupcakes in. If you buy a good set, they will last forever. You can also make mini cupcakes.
We also like these silicone muffin pans. They are just so easy to use because of the silicone. We love to make fun cupcakes so these get used a lot.
Also, you certainly can use a hand mixer but we love our stand mixer. It gets a ton of use and to this day is such a good investment.
We bake a lot so it is so handy and we love our mixer. If you are always trying new cupcake ideas like us, you will get plenty of use out of stand mixer.
This recipe is really so easy because it uses a box mix. No need to worry about things like cream of tartar or other special ingredients with this easy cake mix recipe.
Save money and buy cake mixes on sale!
I like to buy several cake mixes when I spot a good sale at the grocery store. We tend to have lots of last minute baking needs and having this in the pantry means it’s not a problem!
It seems we always need to bring baked goods to this event or that function. Since you don’t need many ingredients, this cupcake recipe can be easily made spur of the moment.
We can easily make these to take to a get together or event on a moments notice. Cake mixes help to make dessert so easy.
Print this angel food cupcake recipe:
Angel Food Cupcake – Under 60 calories each!
- 1 box Angel Food Cake mix
- 2 Cool Whip Free (8 oz containers)
- Fresh Strawberries sliced
- cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare Angel Food according to the directions.
- Place the cupcake liners in muffin tins.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners about ¾ full (I used big cookie scoop). Will make about 41 cupcakes.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the top is slightly colored (not brown anymore)
- Allow to cool completely.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip free to each cupcake
- Add 1 strawberry (sliced) on top of each cupcake.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
Try our other two low calorie cupcakes:
Try these other cupcake recipes:
- Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe
- Mini Brownie Cupcakes Recipe
- Low Calorie Lemon Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with easy Cream Cheese Frosting
- S’mores Cupcakes Recipe
- Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mint Cupcakes Recipe
- Angel Food Cupcakes
- Homemade Twix Bar Cupcakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Orange Soda Cupcakes
- Cherry Limeade Cupcakes