Do you love Reese’s Peanut butter cups as much as my family does? Oh they are so good, so I decided to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe. They are so delicious and my favorite way to have a chocolate cupcake.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe:
My friend was having a birthday and her favorite candy is definitely Reese’s peanut butter cups. I was nervous when I decided to make these cupcakes, but I am so glad I did.
They are absolutely delicious and look so fancy. People will not be able to believe you made these at home and how delicious they are! The cupcakes start with a Reese’s Peanut Butter and then topped with the best peanut butter frosting.
We even finish off the cupcake with another PB Cup. These are one of my favorite cupcakes and my family loves when I make them.
The Secret Ingredient!
There is a peanut butter cup in the middle of the cupcake! It is so good. When you take a bite out of these yummy creamy peanut butter center cupcakes, there is decadent peanut butter in the middle.
Chocolate and peanut butter fans will go crazy over these cupcakes! That little secret ingredient is worth the extra step!
It is that little bit of goodness that transforms these cupcakes to something out of this world!
Once you bite into these cupcakes, store bought will never do again! You will be asked to make these over and over. Whenever I take these somewhere, people request the recipe!
The peanut butter icing is so decadent!
This recipe is actually quite easy. You just need Reese’s peanut butter cups, a chocolate cake mix and then the peanut butter buttercream icing. I used this recipe for the icing and it is amazing.
This frosting has lots of powdered sugar and is so tasty. It makes the best peanut butter frosting.
Make sure you use a good electric mixer to get everything nice and smooth. This will be handy for the cake as well. You will alternate between medium speed and high speed.
If you have a little extra time, try making this Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe. Once you know how to make a chocolate cake from scratch, it’s very easy. The ingredients are simple pantry ingredients like flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Cup Cake Liners
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cream Icing
How to make Reese’s Cupcakes recipe:
- Freeze the Reese’s Cup – Place the Mini Reese’s peanut butter cups in the freezer so they get nice and hard (make it easier to use).
- Make the Cake mix – Mix your Cake mix just like normal according to the directions in a mixing bowl.
- Spoon in the Cupcake Holders – Place them in your cupcake tins and cook for half the time on the box.
- Remove from oven – Remove the cupcakes from the oven.
- Take the wrapper off – Unwrap the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Put the Reese’s Cup in the cupcake – Place one mini Reese’s peanut butter cup in the middle of each cupcake. You may need to push down slightly.
- Put cupcakes back in the oven – Place back in the oven and let cupcakes bake for the remaining time.
- Make sure they are done – Use a toothpick inserted to make sure they are ready.
- Cool Cupcakes – Allow them to cool completely to room temperature.
- Chop Reese’s Cup – Meanwhile, chop up the remaining peanut butter cups.
- Frost the cupcakes – Icing the cupcakes and top with the chopped up peanut butter cups.
- Serve and Enjoy – Enjoy the most delicious cupcakes.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Dessert!
Anyone that loves chocolate and peanut butter will love these yummy cupcakes! This is the best cupcake recipe! The icing is so light and fluffy.
This is proof that you can have a FANCY dessert without spending a lot of money. This is the perfect dessert for birthday parties, holidays and gatherings where you need a sweet treat.
Everyone will be so impressed with these delicious cupcakes. I was at a bakery recently and gourmet cupcakes like these were SO expensive. Goodness! I could make a dozen of these for what just one costs in a bakery.
Tips for Reese’s Cupcakes:
- When to put the Reese’s Cup in? – You can place the peanut butter cup before you put the batter in the cupcake liner or pour some batter into the liner and then place your peanut cup in. I have tried different ways, and they all seem to work.
- Use different candy – I like to make these cupcakes around Halloween. The kids get so much candy. I have tried to this recipe and Snickers candy worked great.
- Change the frosting – A sour cream frosting would be good with this sweet chocolate cupcake.
- Get a cupcake carrier – I take these to parties all the time. If you don’t have a cupcake carrier, they make transporting cupcakes so much easier! It keeps them all together standing up and no mishaps on the trip there
How to store:
These peanut butter cupcakes store well just on our counter. You can put in the refrigerator if you prefer, but it isn’t necessary.
They will last about 3-5 days on your counter before they tend to dry out. The cupcakes don’t last long in my house with my big family.
Print this Reese Peanut Butter Cup Cake recipe below:
Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake Recipe
- 1 bag of Reese’s peanut butter cups minis
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 24 cup cake liners
- Homemade Peanut ButterCream Icing:
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- Place the Reese’s in the freezer so they get nice and hard (make it easier to use).
- Mix your Cake mix just like normal according to the directions.
- Place them in your cupcake tins and cook for half the time on the box.
- Pull them out of the oven. Unwrap the peanut butter cups.
- Place one peanut butter cup in the middle of each cupcake. You may need to push down slightly.
- Place back in the oven and cook for the remaining time.
- Allow them to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, chop up the remaining peanut butter cups.
- Icing the cupcakes and top with the chopped up peanut butter cups.
- Enjoy the most delicious cupcakes!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe