These Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies are fun to make and taste delicious. You’ll be surprised by how easy these are to make and everyone will love them!
Peanut Butter Hershey Kiss Cookies
This Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies recipe is a must have at any holiday gathering. But really it is great anytime of the year. It is truly a classic cookie that is loved by all.
A peanut butter cookie that is topped with a Hershey Kiss is my kind of cookie. It is my favorite cookie to make with the kids as they love to put the kiss on top.
The perfect Hershey Kisses Cookies:
This recipe for peanut butter blossoms is easy to make and I know that you and your family will enjoy making them together. I especially love how easy the ingredients are. The ingredients are staple ingredients that are always in my pantry.
Here are some helpful tips to make sure you Hershey Kiss Cookies come out perfectly:
- Set your egg and butter so they are room temperature before mixing
- You can easily cut this dough in half and freeze the half
- Press your Hershey Kiss in the center of the dough as soon as the cookie is done baking
If you are baker you probably already have all these ingredients in your pantry. All you need are some delicious Hershey Kisses and then you’re ready to create this recipe.
- Peanut Butter
- Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Baking Soda
- 24 Hershey Kisses (unwrapped)
How to make peanut butter kiss cookies
- First preheat your oven to 350. Some recipes request that you preheat oven to 375 but I find that they are less likely to dry out when they are baked at the lower temperature.
- Then cream together the ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Next add egg and vanilla and beat together into the butter mixture. Then whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- After those ingredients are thoroughly combined, slowly add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Next shape the dough into 24 1″ balls and place them on baking sheets several inches apart. After you have rolled the dough, then gently make an indentation in the center of each cookie just like in the photo below. You could sprinkle some sugar before baking.
- Finally, bake them in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. After this cooking time, remove from the oven and place a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Then move the cookies to a cooling rack at room temperature and allow for them to cool completely which usually takes around 30 minutes.
How to store Kiss cookies
After they have cooled, I move the cookies to an air tight container so we can can enjoy them later. To be honest, they usually don’t last long there as my family always devours these cookies quickly!
They will keep up to 2 weeks if stored properly.
Can you freezer leftover cookies?
When I bake over the holidays, I usually intentionally make extras so I can freeze them and my family can enjoy cookies all throughout the year!
I get a lot of questions about what can be frozen and what cannot because I’m an avid freezer cooker and leftover cookies can definitely be frozen!
The only difference for this cookies is that I would let them defrost at room temperature instead of baking them so that the milk chocolate kisses do not melt. You can freeze the cookies up to 3 to 6 months.
Just make sure if you are freezing that you use an air tight container. I also like to separate the layers with parchment paper.
What is great about this cookie recipe is you can change out the chocolate candy for something else.
- Try a caramel candy like a Rolo
- A Peppermint Kiss would be yummy for the Christmas Holidays
- You can even put a bite size snickers on top.
- We have even sprinkled a little powdered sugar on top.
- A Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup would taste amazing on top.
The options are endless and that is why they are my favorite cookies to make.
In my family, I am usually not the baker. I prefer to use my crock pot to make a recipe. All you have to do is toss in the ingredients and voila, dinner is done! This is definitely my favorite way to cook.
However, I do enjoy creating delicious desserts with my kids and they love to bake! So here I am learning to bake more and more and learning to love it as well!
- My mom bought me a stand alone Kitchen-aid Mixer a few years back for Christmas and I do love it so much! It makes creating delicious cookies and cakes easier to do.
- Usually, I use my stand up mixer when I create cookies but you definitely don’t have to have one for this recipe. I have this Kitchen-aid hand held mixer as well and it work great.
Print this peanut butter kiss cookies recipe:
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 24 Hershey Kisses (unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat together.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Roll into 24 1″ balls and place on cookie sheet several inches apart.
- Gently make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Place a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe