This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
We are excited to show how to make these Easy Snowman Sugar Cookie Recipe. This will be an easy cookie recipe that the whole family can do. We love holiday traditions at our house and we hope this one becomes yours.
Snowman Sugar Cookies:
I love making something fun with the kids each year at Christmas time, but some desserts just take too long. This recipe is an easy one, because it uses pre-made refrigerated sugar cookies.
The great thing about this recipe is that these cookies magically cook into the shape of Snowman! I love to see my kids light up with the cookies come out of the oven. They are just in shock that you put them in the oven as three cookies and out comes snowmen!
Party favor idea!
Even though my kids are getting older, they still love to gather around the table and decorate these easy snowman sugar cookie recipe. We invite their cousins and friends over and make it a holiday party.
The supplies to make these easy snowman sugar cookie recipe are easy to gather. The options are endless on how they decorate their snowman. Some of my kids like to frost them then decorate them and others just add the snowman details.
I put their finished snowman in a cute holiday bag and you have an instant party favor! The kids will love to take home their decorated sugar cookie and they taste delicious too.
Let’s start making these fun cookies!
- Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough – Using premade dough makes this recipe easy to make.
- Red Gel Icing – I would have some other colors your kids could choose from too when decorating.
- Chocolate Chips – Make sure you have mini and regular size chocolate chips.
- Red and Green M&M’s – I usually get red and green to be festive but really any color M&M’s would work.
How to make Snowman Sugar Cookies:
These cookies are really fun to make! The Snowman Cookie magically appear.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start with 3 sugar cookie dough and place them a lined baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat about ½ inch apart. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough until all the cookie dough is used.
- As these cookie bake, they will bake together and form a snowman.
- You will bake these cookies as directed on package.
- Remove from oven when finish baking and have your kids carefully add their chocolate chips into the snowman sugar cookie. The cookies should be lightly browned.
- Place cookies on wire racks to cool completely to add the remaining decorations.
Homemade Sugar Cookies:
Do you like making your favorite sugar cookies from scratch? You definitely can but it takes a lot more ingredients. They include, flour, baking powder or baking soda, salt, butter, sugar, and eggs.
You can also make royal icing from scratch. It really does taste better but again it takes ingredients including, egg white, confectioner sugar, cream of tartar and food coloring.
Occasionally we do pull these easy ingredients together and make sugar cookies, that are light and fluffy, from scratch. But using the premade cookie dough is just as good.
Snowman decorating tips:
When we are decorating these snowmen we like to use these decorating piping bags for the details. They are easy for the kids to use and makes decorating these snowman cookies so much fun.
Instead of using chocolate chips you can use candy eyeballs. They really change the look of the snowman and the kids love them. We even like dusting them with powdered sugar.
Holiday baking is my favorite:
We love baking during the holidays. Here are some of our favorite cookies to make.
- Reindeer Cookies – Made with Milano Cookies and you can use the same decorating supplies that you used for the snowman cookies. These candy coated cookies are easy to make.
- Christmas Cookies in a jar – These are fun to make and make great gift ideas.
- Jello Cookies – Love all the colors you can make.
They are that easy to make!
We love decorating these cookies. I love to see what my family comes up when we decorate them. You can use different pieces of candy to decorate them.
You can also just bake one cookie to do a melted snowman. The options are endless.
I know these will be a new addition to the family tradition each year and I am sure Santa will love them with his milk too.
Perfect for Cookie Exchange:
Do you get invited to a Cookie Exchange during the holidays? This is a great way to get together with friends and family and exchange cookies. You bake some cookies and exchange them with whatever else brings
This is a great cookie to bring! Next time you get invited, have your kids decorate these snowman cookies. They will be so excited to see what you bring home.
Another favorite cookie to bring is these Easy Grinch Cookies Recipe. My friends are always excited to see what I bring home from cookie exchange parties.
- 1 tube Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
- Red Gel Icing
- Chocolate Chips
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Red and Green M&M’s
- Place your cookie dough on a lined cookie sheet so that they are about ½ inch apart.
- Bake as directed on package.
- Remove from oven, and while still warm, add your chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Allow cookies to cool completely and pipe on frosting gel around the top and middle cookies for a scarf.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe