This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
These delicious Monster Cookies are so easy to make and they taste amazing! These cookies are the best! I love that they are loaded with peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and M&M’s. They are soft, thick and oh so delicious!
Monster Cookies Recipe:
We call this Monster Cookie Recipe a great recipe for a reason and the kids go crazy over them. These cookies are loaded with so many good things that everyone will get super excited when you make them. Creamy peanut butter, M&M’s and chocolate chips, and more come together for one amazing cookie. These are a must try!
Whether you want an after school treat or something to take to the next party, these are sure to be a hit! It is fun to change out the M&M’s for the holiday that you are celebrating! You might also like Reese’s Pieces Cookies. Next time you have a game day party, change the colors of the M&M’s for the team you are cheering for! The options are endless.
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- creamy peanut butter
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- baking soda
- quick oats
How to make monster cookies:
Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or use a baking mat. This will make clean up even easier so we love to use one of these.
- Combine eggs and vanilla, salt, sugar, brown sugar and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, and ½ cup butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the M&M’s, chocolate chips and oatmeal.
- Place about tablespoon size dough balls on the prepared baking sheets with parchment paper several inches apart. I have stainless steel cookie scoops that I love and they make baking so much easier.
- The baking time is 9 minutes.
- Leave on cookie sheet for about 3 minutes before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
Best Monster Cookie Recipe:
This is my favorite cookie to make! It is my favorite as it combines that best of the peanut butter cookie, a classic chocolate cookie and my favorite M&M candies. The texture is seriously the best and the taste is so delicious! Monster Cookies are loaded with so much peanut butter and chocolate that it is so hard to eat just one!
I love that the ingredients are simple and I always seem to have the ingredients on hand to make these Monster Cookies! If not, I am usually only missing the M&M’s. Which is easy to pick-up at the nearest store.
Tip for making monster cookie recipe:
Now my family loves to make cookies, but there are two things that we just HAVE to have to make the perfect cookies. First, we use these baking mats from Amazon. They also keep your cookies from burning on the bottom and they help them cook evenly. Also, cleanup is a breeze! Plus it saves you money by not having to use parchment paper all the time.
The cookie scoops are also great to have. I thought my friend was crazy when she told me she used these until she bought me some. I’m in love! They make baking cookies so much easier. Plus the cookies are more evenly shaped, meaning they will all cook more evenly. Amazon has them on sale too.
How do you stop cookies from spreading?
Using a silicone baking mat will help the cookies from spreading as it gives the cookies something to grip. Parchment paper also works the same way.
How to store:
You can store these cookies in a air-tight container, room temperature for up to a week. They usually don’t last a week in my house but I do like making the dough ahead of time when I know that I have a party coming up! This way, I can serve warm cookies to my house guests!
The cookies freeze great also! You can freeze the baked cookies for up to 3 months! Just place the wrapped cookies in a freezer bag and you can have homemade cookies anytime!
Variations to try with monster cookie recipe:
The fun thing about Monster cookies is that you can change the ingredients slightly for a completely different cookie. Switch out the chocolate chips for white chocolate or peanut butter chips and your cookie is completely different! How will you change up these light and fluffy cookies?
Some of our favorite ideas include:
- Mixing white chocolate morsels with the semi sweet chocolate morsels.
- Adding peanut butter morsels.
- Different types of m&m’s. Try peanut butter, nutella and more for a great cookie.
- Try different colors of m&m’s. Make Valentine’s cookies with pink and red m&m’s. Other ideas include- Christmas, Easter, Spring and more!
- Dark chocolate is also a delicious add on!
- Substitute chunky peanut butter for the creamy peanut butter for a chunkier cookie. Natural Peanut butter works great also!
- Add nuts to the cookie mixture. ¼ cupfuls of Pecans and walnuts are great options.
- Use gluten free flour for a gluten free option!
These are just some of the great ideas to try with these cookies. You can’t go wrong however you decide to make these amazing monster cookies.
Print this monster cookie recipe below:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or use a baking mat.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, salt, sugar, brown sugar and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, and butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the M&M’s, chocolate chips and oatmeal.
- Place about tablespoon size chunks on the prepared sheets several inches apart.
- Bake for about 9 minutes.
- Leave on cookie sheet for about 3 minutes before moving to rack to cool completely.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More easy cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookie Recipe
- Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies
- Moist and Rich Brownie Cookies
- Jello Cookies Recipe
- Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cake Mix Cookies
- Quick and Easy Monster Cookies
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chips Cookie Recipe
- M&M Cookies Recipe
- More Easy Cookie Recipes