If you love brownies and you love cookies, you must try making Brownie Cookies. They are so rich and decadent while being incredibly simple to make.
Brownie Cookie Recipe
This Brownie Cookie Recipe is a chocolate lovers dream. We combined our two favorite desserts into one. You get the fudgy and chewy edges from the brownie made into an irresistible cookie.
Chewy Brownies is one of my favorite desserts. My family loves the fresh out of the oven brownies topped with ice cream. But everyone always wants the center cut of the brownie.
That is why I love these easy fudgy brownie cookies. Everyone gets the best part of the brownie all in a cookie.
Easy Brownie Cookies was a hit.
It definitely had potential, but I didn’t have everything on hand so I had to improvise a bit. All I can say is wow.
I will also say that I took about 6 dozen cookies with me and I didn’t bring any home! Everyone was gobbling these Chocolate Brownie cookies up and going back for more.
- All Purpose Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to Make Brownie Cookies:
- Preheat the oven. Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the chocolate. Heat the chocolate in 20 to 30 second intervals in the microwave. Make sure to stir after each interval until the chocolate is fully melted. Then set the chocolate aside to cool some so it doesn’t cook the eggs in the cookie batter.
- Mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: flour, chocolate powder, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the butter and sugar together. Use a large bowl and beat together the butter and both of the sugar together with a stand mixer or a hand held mixer. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Continue to mix these ingredients. Combine the ingredients together on high speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Then pour in the cooled melted chocolate and beat for 2-3 minutes until the chocolate is combined.
- Mix together the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Mix on a low speed slowly just until the ingredients are just combined. Be careful to not over mix the ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips. Gently fold in the chocolate chips to the brownie batter.
- Place the cookie dough on the baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop the dough in about 1 to 2 tablespoonfuls on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies. Let the cookies bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges of the cookies are set. Do not over bake them. The cookies will be soft but will harden as they sit.
- Allow the cookies to sit. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Jump to recipe below for complete instructions.
They are tasty with just cocoa powder. However you make these cookies will be amazing.
- Add White Chocolate Chips – I added ½ cup white chocolate chips. We loved the way they looked and tasted.
- Butterscotch Chips were the best – We added in butterscotch chips the next time I made them and I was not disappointed. Maybe the butterscotch brownie cookies are my new favorite.
- Other Chocolate Chips to try – Dark chocolate chips are also really good in these cookies. I bet you could also try peanut butter chocolate chips. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips is a family favorite.
- Add in Nuts – I love adding in about ¼ cup of nuts. The sweet and salty taste is my favorite way to enjoy desserts. My suggestion is adding in walnuts and pecans
- Thinner Cookies – These brownie cookies tend to be a little thinner than a normal cookies but they are still chewy which makes them the best cookie.
- Cookie Scoop – I like using a cookie scoop to place the cookie dough on the baking sheet. This way they are all the same size and cook evenly.
- Don’t Overbake – Bake cookies as indicated. The cookies will finish baking on the warm baking sheet after they have been removed from the oven.
- Butter – Use Salted Butter when making this recipe. If you do use unsalted butter, increase your butter by about ¼ teaspoon.
- Room Temperature Eggs – If you planning on baking any sweets, always use room temperature eggs. They blend better with the other baking ingredients.
- Don’t Overmix – When adding in the flour to the wet ingredients don’t over mix. Not overmixing the flour mixture keep the cookies soft and fluffy.
Why this is a Family Favorite Cookie:
- These Brownie Cookies have the perfect texture. They are chewy on the inside and have crackly brownie texture on the outside.
- You can add anything into the brownie cookie batter. We have used different flavors of chocolate chips, nuts and even sprinkles.
- Our favorite part is that there is no need to chill.
My family thinks they need a dessert after dinner every night. This recipe is requested the most as I can mix these brownie cookies together quickly. They can have freshly baked cookies in less than 30 minutes.
How to store Brownie Cookies:
Storing this brownie cookies is easy to do. We have a designated cookie jar that we keep all of our bake goods in. Just make sure it remains airtight and your cookies will last about 4-5 days at room temperature.
Can you freeze brownie cookies
You can even freeze these cookies. They will last about 3 months if placed in the freezer in a freezer safe container.
I also suggest placing wax paper in between the layers of cookies.
This is a great option if you have made to many or want to make ahead for your holiday baking.
We like warm brownies when serving with ice cream. Simply place the brownie cookies in the microwave for about 10 seconds and they will have the fresh out of the oven taste.
Make brownie cookies.
This will be a hit and everyone will absolutely love this recipe.
Print this Brownie Cookie Recipe below:
Moist and Rich Brownie Cookies
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 8 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter softened at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Heat in 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until the chocolate is fully melted. Then set the chocolate aside to cool some so it doesn’t cook the eggs in the cookie batter.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: flour, chocolate powder, baking powder and salt.
- Then in a large bowl, beat together the butter and both of the sugar together with a stand up mixer or a hand held mixer until creamy. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix these ingredients together on high speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Then pour in the cooled melted chocolate and beat for 2-3 minutes until the chocolate is combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Mix on a low speed slowly just until the ingredients are just combined. Be careful to not over mix the ingredients.
- Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the cookie dough onto the baking sheet in 1-2 Tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges of the cookies are set (be careful not to over bake). The cookies will be soft but will harden as they sit.
- Let the cookies sit on the baking sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then they are ready to serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe