This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Reese’s Pieces Cookies is a delicious peanut butter flavor cookies. They are soft, delicious and easy to make. These cookies are perfect for all peanut butter lovers.
Easy Reese’s Pieces Cookies Recipe:
We love making candy based cookies. This is a great cookie to make because of the soft texture, chewy and amazing taste. If you love peanut butter cookies, as much as we do these are the cookies to make.
The cookie dough is combined and topped with Reese’s Pieces candy. We love the fall colors and enjoy making these delicious cookies. These cookies are made with simple pantry ingredients, so you probably already have everything to make these.
If you are looking for the perfect holiday cookie, these Reese’s Pieces Cookies are the one to make. You can easily add in chocolate chips or white chocolate chips for added flavor and texture.
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Reese’s Pieces Candy
How to Make Reese’s Pieces Cookies:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2 – Combine Dry Ingredients – In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Step 3 – Mix butter and sugars – In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and both of the sugars. Mix with a hand mixer or stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla extract and combine.
- Step 4 -Add in Peanut Butter – Mix in the peanut butter until combined in large bowl.
- Step 5 – Add in Flour Mixture – Turn the mixer speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture. Mix until the dough is just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Step 6 – Fold in Reese’s Pieces – Gently fold in 1 cup of the Reese’s pieces.
- Step 7 – Make Dough Balls – Then drop the cookie dough onto baking sheets. Drop in approximately 1 ½ tablespoon amounts.
- Step 8 – Top with Candies – Place the remaining Reese’s pieces candies on top of the cookies.
- Step 9 – Bake Cookies – Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Bake until the cookies are just starting to brown around the edges of the cookies.
- Step 10 – Cool Cookies – Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Step 11 – Serve – Then the cookies are ready to enjoy.
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe Tips:
- Cookie Scoop – The cookie scoop I used is approximately 1 ½ tablespoon of dough size. If you use a large cookie scoop make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Room Temperature Ingredients – When combining the ingredients make sure the ingredients are at room temperature. This helps to blend the ingredients easily and prevents lumps in your batter.
- Prepare Cookie Sheets – Parchment paper makes clean up easy and helps the cookies to bake evenly without spreading a bunch.
- Allow the cookies to set. – Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes prior to moving to the cooling rack. This will help them to set and not crumble when moved.
- Mixing Ingredients – Mix the ingredients with a electric mixer in a medium bowl. If you prefer you can chill the dough covered in plastic wrap in the fridge. But it is not necessary in this recipe.
Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies Variations Ideas:
- Peanut Butter – You can choose Jif or Skippy Peanut Butter to mix into these cookies. We do not recommend using natural peanut butter for this recipe. Crunchy Peanut Butter is also a great addition to this recipe.
- Peanut Butter Cups – Instead of using Reese’s Pieces, you can also use peanut butter cups for a delicious variations.
- Chocolate Chips – I love adding chocolate chips to this recipe. Another options is peanut butter chips would also be a delicious variations.
Can I Make Dough Ahead of Time?
Yes, this is the perfect cookie to prepare ahead of time. We recommend not making more than 4 days of baking them.
After preparing the dough, place in a covered dish and store in the fridge. When you are ready to bake, let the dough come to room temperature.
Then bake according to the recipe.
Can I Freeze Reese’s Pieces Cookies?
These soft and chewy cookies freeze well and there are two options you can choose from. You can freeze the dough which is the method we prefer.
Freezing Cookie Dough:
- After forming the dough balls, flash freeze on a baking sheet for 1 to 2 hours.
- Then freeze in bags or freezer containers until ready to bake.
- The other option is to freeze the cookies after they are baked.
- Place parchment paper in between the layers when freezing.
- You can use a freezer container or bag and freeze up to 3 months.
Get all the step by step instructions to freeze cookie dough.
How to Store Leftovers:
Store at room temperature for up to 1 week. Keep a piece of bread in the container with the cookies to keep the cookies moist.
Homemade Reese’s Pieces Cookies:
These cookies are perfect to use with your leftover candies from Halloween. You can make them with simple ingredients and they are perfect for a last minute dessert.
Simple and delicious homemade cookies is the perfect addition to any dessert trays. If you are looking for the perfect holiday cookie, this is the one to make.
Print Recipe for Reese’s Pieces Cookies:
Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and both of the sugars with a hand held mixer or stand up mixer until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla extract and combine.
- Mix in the peanut butter until combined.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and gradually add in the flour mixture until the dough is just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of the Reese’s pieces.
- Then drop the cookie dough onto baking sheets in approximately 1 ½ tablespoon amounts.
- Place the remaining Reese’s pieces candies on top of the cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are just starting to brown around the edges of the cookies.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Then the cookies are ready to enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe