I’m so excited to share with you another family favorite cookie! This Red Velvet Cookies recipe is wonderful because we cheat and use a red velvet cake mix to achieve a moist and delicious cookie.
Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
This Red Velvet Cookies Recipe is gorgeous but taste even better than they look. They are my kids all time favorite cookie.
We love to serve them around the holidays, plus with only 4 ingredients they are perfect anytime of the year.
Plus, they are just so easy since you use a cake mix! You will love making these quick and simple dessert.
Easy Red Velvet Cake Mix cookies
We are cheating a little with this simple cake mix cookies by using a cake mix! That makes these easy red velvet cookies even easier to make!
Plus I think you will be surprised how amazing they taste too. They don’t turn cakey but a great tasting cookie. Serve with a glass of cold milk and your entire family will be impressed!
These are my kids favorite cake mix cookies. They will eat them as fast as I am taking them out of the oven. They are so amazing.
Let’s make these Red Velvet Cake Cookies!
You just need 4 ingredients:
- Red velvet cake mix – We used Betty Crocker cake mix but you can use Duncan Hines or any brand would work. Make sure it is the 15.25 oz size.
- Eggs – We find it best to use room temperature eggs.
- Oil – Canola or Vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar
That is all you need. These cookies are easy to make and they taste great!
How to make red velvet cookies recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix everything (except for the powdered sugar) into the a large bowl. My daughters love helping when I am making these cookies. My daughter loves these cookies so she did most of it herself.
- The Batter will come out really thick, but that is ok. I had to help my princess, because it gets hard to mix towards the end. I will also use my stand mixer to help with mixing.
- Next you are going to use a cookie scoop to scoop up perfectly round red velvet bites and roll them in powered sugar. I highly recommend using a cookie scoop.
- We have also chilled the dough to make scooping easier. You will thank me later because it saves so much time on spooning out the cookies.
- Roll cake mix cookie dough into balls.
- Then roll in the powdered sugar. This was definitely my daughter’s favorite part – how can you not love playing in powdered sugar?
- Place them on a baking sheet about 2 inches a part. I love to use these baking liners to bake my cookies – they are awesome and your cookies turn out perfect every time.
- Slightly flatten each cookie with a cup. You can make them as thin as you want, but we just did a little, so they would still plump up nicely.
- Then bake your cookies.
- It takes less than 10 minutes until these cookies become these beautiful crinkle red velvet cookies. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- You will make about 24-36 cookies depending on how big your cookies are. We made 30 with our small cookies scoop.
Holiday Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies:
I love how beautiful these cookies turn out. I love the dusting of the powdered sugar. I could eat them all! They are that good.
But seriously, make these these red velvet cookies any time of the year. They are also so pretty for Valentine’s Day!
Red velvet cake mix cookies are the best:
Whenever we want a sweet treat, we make these cookies because it literally takes minutes. We all can be enjoying these cookies in hardly any time at all.
If you like red velvet recipes, you will go crazy over these delicious cookies. They are so light and fluffy.
Red Velvet cake takes awhile to make but you can enjoy cookies using boxed cake mix in minutes! From start to finish and even clean up, you need less than 30 minutes to make these soft and chewy cookies.
Red Velvet Cake Cookies Variations:
- Feel free to experiment with the cookies and add chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and more! The white chocolate chips especially look pretty with the red color.
- You can add in ⅓ cup of white chocolate chips – or you could top with a cream cheese frosting.
- Another idea is to roll the cookies in white sugar instead of powdered sugar. This really makes the red food coloring pop and look so vibrant.
- Change the flavor of cake mix and add-ins to change up your cookies.
- You can also use add in brown sugar. It helps to moistened the cookie. But it is not necessary.
- I will occasionally add in vanilla extract to enhance the flavors.
I love these cookies because the cake mix makes them so very easy. No need to fool with lots of ingredients when you can make these easy cookies!
How to store:
These cookies are easy to store. Leave them on our counter in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
During the holidays, I have a designated cookie jar that I keep cookies in it. Perfect for when the kids friends come over. They are always seeing what flavor I have baked.
Print this Red velvet cookies recipe below:
Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix cookies
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix everything except the powdered sugar into a bowl (Batter will be thick).
- Spoon into balls and roll in the powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More cake mix cookies:
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- Grinch Cookies Recipe
- Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- More Easy Cookie Recipes
More Red Velvet Recipes
- The Best Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
- Red Velvet Poke Cake Recipe
- Red Velvet Cake Balls
- Red Velvet Brownies
These red velvet cookies are perfect for Valentine’s Day. We love including them on this affordable Valentine’s Day menu (to make dinner under $14)!
It’s 350 degrees F for this recipe.
Sorry, it’s 350 degrees. I have corrected the post. I have tested this with the 15.25 cake mix and it works great too so either size will work!
I’m so sorry about that! It’s 350 degrees F for this recipe. Thank you!
I haven’t tried it yet but I would mix in 1-2 tablespoon into the mix before baking. I hope you enjoy it!
Hi, I’ve done your recipes years ago and just coming back. I’m looking forward to making more of your recipes. Would my recipes I’ve collected before, be saved in the system?
I love these cookies! The recipe is easy and you end up with delicious cookies every time. These are my new favorite cookie to make for family and friends.
See More Comments