This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Pecan pie cheesecake is the best combination of creamy cheesecake and decadent pecan pie. It is the perfect dessert for Fall or any occasion!
Pecan pie cheesecake
Cheesecake is always a good idea in my opinion! I love trying new combinations and recipes. This pecan pie cheesecake might just be my new favorite! Also try Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars or Candied Pecans Stovetop Recipe.
Pumpkin pie is so delicious and combined with pecan pie. Well, it is drool worthy! I mean it is so decadent and amazing.
The combination is just really special and each bite is so awesome. Even better, the recipe is not hard to make.
It looks fancy and complicated but it is not. This dessert is simple and anyone can make this!
- graham crackers
- unsalted butter -melted
- granulated sugar
- cream cheese – room temperature
- Vanilla Extract
- Sour Cream
- Light Corn Syrup
- brown sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Large Eggs
- vanilla extract
- heavy cream
- pecans roughly chopped
How to make Pecan pie cheesecake
1. Let’s make the crust!
First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Second, crush the graham crackers in a food processor. If you don’t have one, put them in a resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin or back of a wooden spoon.
Next, put the crumbs in a large bowl and stir in the sugar.
Use a microwave safe bowl to melt the butter. Once melted, add the graham cracker crumb mixture until it is mixed together well.
Once combined, press the graham cracker mixture into a 9 inch springform pan. Next, put the crust in the freezer to chill while you prepare the filling.
2. Make the CHEESECAKE LAYER:
Get out a large bowl and add the cream cheese and sugar. Beat until fluffy.
Second, add the cornstarch and the salt.
Next, gently stir in the vanilla extract and the eggs by hand. Make sure to add the eggs one at a time. Then add the sour cream and stir to combine.
Finally, pour the cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crust. Use a spatula to smooth out the top as much as you can.
Now, just bake it.
3. Make the PECAN PIE TOPPING:
I like to make the topping while the cheesecake layer is baking.
First, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract and butter in a medium sauce pan. Mix all of this together and bring the mixture to a boil. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Take the mixture off the heat and let the corn syrup mixture cool.
Get out a separate bowl and stir together the eggs, salt and heavy cream. Set aside.
Once the cheesecake has baked for 30 minutes, stir the heavy cream mixture into the cooled corn syrup mixture. Once combined, stir in the chopped pecans.
Next, spoon this mixture on top of the cheesecake. Yum!
Now, back to the oven it goes. Bake for another 40 to 50 minute until the top of the cheesecake is brown and crisp.
Once out of the oven, move the cheesecake to a wire rack so that it can cool completely. After the cheesecake has completely cooled, put in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours before you take it out of the springform pan.
Cut and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks:
- Make in advance -This cheesecake can definitely be made ahead of time before serving. This cheesecake will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Mixing– Make sure that you do not overbeat the cheesecake mixture or it will puff up during baking which will cause it to crack.
- Freezer friendly – Freeze this recipe up to 2 months. You can freeze the entire pie or slices. I like to cut into individual servings before freezing. Just wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and place in a freezer safe container with lid. You will love being able to enjoy a slice of cheesecake whenever you feel like it.
- Topping – While pecans are amazing, try using walnuts and almonds for a change.
- Gadgets – I prefer to use a Food processor to make the crust. This is optional but sure saves time and makes it so much easier.
How to store:
Keep the cheesecake in the fridge. It will last up to 4 days. Just make sure to cover it.
This recipe is delicious!
The pecan pie filling is amazing with this cheesecake recipe. The cheesecake filling is really creamy and so good.
Once you make this pecan pie cheesecake, you will be hooked! Give it a try today.
It looks so fancy but is super easy to make. Just follow the step by step instructions. I think this will become a new favorite!
Print this pecan pie cheesecake recipe:
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- 3 cups 20 graham crackers
- 12 tablespoons 1 ¼ sticks unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 2 blocks 8 oz each cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pecan Topping:
- 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Crush graham crackers in food processor or resealable bag
- Add crumbs to large bowl
- Stir in sugar
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl
- Stir into crumb mixture until well combined
- Press firmly into 9 inch springform pan
- Place the crust in the freezer to chill while you prepare the filling.
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Then add in the cornstarch and the salt.
- Then gently hand stir in the vanilla extract and the eggs (adding in one at a time) and then mix in the sour cream.
- Then pour the cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crust and use a spatula to make the top as smooth as possible.
- Bake of 30 minutes.
- PECAN PIE TOPPING:
- While the cheesecake layer is baking, prepare the pecan topping.
- Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract and butter in a medium sauce pan. Stir and bring the boil to a mixture and then heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the heat and allow the corn syrup mixture to cool.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the eggs, salt and heavy cream.
- Then after the cheesecake has baked for 30 minutes. Stir the heavy cream mixture into the cooled corn syrup mixture and stir in the chopped pecans. Then spoon this mixture on top of the cheesecake.
- Then bake for another 40-50 minute until the top of the cheesecake is brown and crisp.
- After the cook time, move the cheesecake to a wire rack to cool completely. Then refrigerate the cheesecake for a minimum of 4 hours before releasing the springform pan, cutting and serving.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe