Pecan pie cheesecake bars combine all that you love about cheesecake and pecan pie. This is the perfect dessert and so easy to make.
Pecan pie cheesecake bars Recipe
If you love cheesecake, you are going to love this recipe. This recipe really jazzes up plain cheesecake and turns it into the best combination of cheesecake and pecan pie.
If you love pecan pie, you will go crazy over this new recipe. Pecan pie meets cheesecake for one irresistible dessert.
Each bite has the best layers! It’s amazing. I love serving it at Thanksgiving, because it is easy to serve.
You can cut them ahead of time for the perfect cheesecake bites.
For the Crust:
- crushed graham crackers
- unsalted butter -melted
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- cream cheese- room temp
- Vanilla Extract
- large eggs
For the Pecan Pie Layer:
- Light Corn Syrup
- brown sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- vanilla extract – How to Make Vanilla Extract at Home
- heavy cream
- pecans – roughly chopped
How to make pecan pie cheesecake bars:
How to make Graham Cracker Crumbs
You can easily make Graham cracker crumbs by food processing graham crackers. You will need about 12-15 full graham cracker sleeves to make the 1 ½ cups of graham cracker crumbs.
I like to use the pulse feature on my food processor to make sure I get the perfect consistency. Process the graham crackers until they are fine crumbs.
Make the crust:
First, preheat the oven. While the oven is warming, line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Then spray it with a non-stick cooking spray.
Second, in a medium bowl, stir together the crushed graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Once this is combined, transfer the mixture into the baking dish.
Press the graham cracker firmly into the pan so it forms an even layer of the graham cracker crust.
Make the cheesecake layer:
First, get out a mixing bowl and add the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat with a hand mixer or a stand mixer together until it is well combined.
Next, add the eggs one at a time. Make sure to beat the mixture between each addition.
Finally, pour the cheesecake filling on top of the crust. Spread this out so it forms an even layer.
How to make the pecan pie topping
You will need a saucepan and add the corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, salt, vanilla extract and heavy cream. Bring this to a boil over medium heat making sure to stir it constantly.
Allow this to cook for 1 minute and then remove the pecan pie filling from the heat.
Now that it is off the heat, add the chopped pecans. Just pour this mixture over the cheesecake layer and try to spread it as even as possible.
How long to Bake Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
Put in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes until the cheesecake is set and the pecan layer is golden brown. It will look so pretty and your kitchen will smell amazing.
Then take the cheesecake from the oven and let cool completely before you cover the pan with plastic wrap. Next, refrigerate the cheesecake for 3 hours.
After it has chilled in the fridge, slice and enjoy! Everyone will love this simple dessert.
It is absolutely delicious. This recipe will definitely be a crowd favorite.
Why are my bars sticking to the pan?
Make sure to not skip the step of using parchment paper. You need to line your baking dish with parchment paper before putting the graham cracker crust in the pan.
I also spray the parchment paper with baking non stick spray to help prevent the crust from sticking. The bars shouldn’t stick to the pan if you do both of these tips.
What’s The Best Cream Cheese To Use For Cheesecake
I highly recommend to use full fat cream cheese for this recipe. In order to get the extra creamy cheesecake layer, you need the full fat cream cheese.
If you get a lower fat cream cheese you will nhot get that full flavor that you want with a cheesecake bar.
How to store:
You can make these ahead of time. I actually love making these the night before serving.
Pecan pie cheesecake bars can be stored in the refrigerator inside in airtight container. They will stay fresh for up to 5 days.
When you are ready to serve, allow them set at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Can you freeze pecan pie cheesecake bars?
Pecan pie cheesecake bar slices can be frozen. Layer them in a freezer bag or freezer safe container. Place parchment paper in between the slices to ensure they do not stick to each other.
Freeze for 2-3 months.
When you are ready to serve, thaw in the refrigerator.
Tips for Easy pecan cheesecake bars:
- Use a plastic knife instead of a regular metal knife to cut the bars. This will help to make clean lines and the bars will look great every time.
- I like to use a food processor to make the crust. It makes it really quick and I can get the graham crackers really fine. – It is helpful to use a small food processor and it gets the graham crackers really fine.
- If you do not have a food processor, put the graham crackers inside a ziplock bag and seal it. Use a rolling pin to crush the graham crackers.
The Perfect Thanksgiving Dessert
The recipe is really easy and anyone can make this. I don’t consider myself an expert baker and it is super easy for me.
Give it a try. You won’t be disappointed. Just be prepared for everyone to want the recipe and to gobble it up. .
It’s the best and everyone goes crazy over it. Let us know what you think once you try it. The recipe turns out amazing for the best treat.
Print this pecan pie cheesecake bars recipe:
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 2 8- oz. packages cream cheese at room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 large eggs
- For the Pecan Pie Layer:
- 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper then spray it with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the crushed graham crackers and melted butter. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan and press it firmly into an even layer.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition, then pour the cheesecake mixture a top the crust, spreading it into an even layer.
- Add the corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, salt, vanilla extract and heavy cream to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly. Cook for 1 minute and then remove from the heat. The stir in the chopped pecans. Pour this mixture over the cheesecake layer and spread it into an even layer if possible.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cheesecake is set and the pecan layer is golden brown.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let them cool completely before covering the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerating the cheesecake for 3 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge, slice it into bars and serve.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe