If you are a chocolate chip cookie dough and a cheesecake lover, then this Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake is for you. Easy and delicious cheesecake.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Recipe:
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake is the ultimate cheesecake recipe. The chocolate chip cookie crust filled with cheesecake makes this recipe rich and decadent.
We love how easy this Cheesecake is to make. My family loves the cookie dough that tops the cheesecake making it sweet and delicious. The refrigerator cookie dough makes the ingredients simple and budget friendly.
Impress your family this holiday season and make this delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake. This recipe bakes perfectly and is easy to make.
- Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (16 oz)
- Cream Cheese (8 oz each) softened room temperature
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Large Eggs
- Sour Cream
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake:
- Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 inch springform pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2 – Reserve approximately ⅓ of the cookie dough and place it in the refrigerator.
- Step 3 – Press the remaining cookie dough into the bottom and the sides of the springform pan in an even layer. Set the pan aside.
- Step 4 – In a large mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and brown sugar. We recommend with a hand held mixer on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Then add in the cornstarch and salt.
- Step 5 – Reduce the speed on the mixer to medium and add in the eggs one at a time until combined with the cream cheese and sugar.
- Step 6 – Then gently fold in the sour cream into the cream cheese mixture. Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cookie dough in the spring form pan.
- Step 7 – Crumble the remaining cookie dough and spread it evenly over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Step 8 – Bake the cheesecake for 55-60 minutes until the edges of the cheesecake batter are set. The center is almost set (the center should still be jiggly). Turn the oven off and open the door slightly. Let the cheesecake sit in the oven while it cools down for 30 minutes.
- Step 9 – Then allow the cheesecake to cool completely at room temperature. Then refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 2 hours to chill (or overnight).
- Step 10 – When serving, gently run a knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake. Then gently remove the edges from the springform pan.
- Step 11 – Then slice, serve and enjoy.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Tips:
- Cream Cheese – Make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature. Softened to make the best creamy cheesecake layer in this recipe.
- Cookie Dough – When making this recipe, we used refrigerated cookie dough, but you can make cookie dough from scratch. If you prepare your own cookie dough, I would prepare ahead of time.
- Cookie Dough Crust – Press the remaining cookie dough in the baking pan. There is no need to bake prior to adding in the cream cheese filling.
- Mixing Ingredients – Make sure to thoroughly mix ingredients to ensure they are fully combined. Scrape the side of the pan to mix all ingredients.
- Cheesecake done baking – Allow the cheesecake to set in the oven after it done baking. Allowing the cheesecake to sit in the oven for at 30 minutes helps to prevent cracking.
Do I need to do a Water Bath?
In this cheesecake recipe, we did not do a water bath. But in a lot of cheesecake recipe it is the keep to prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
But because of the chocolate chip cooking dough topping, I think this helps in still creating a moist cheesecake without cracking.
How to Serve:
When you are ready to serve the cake, make sure you have allowed for the cheesecake to chill in the refrigerator. We recommend to chill for at least two hours or overnight.
Allowing the cheesecake time to set and completely chill before slicing. This will ensure the most clean and pretty slices. Wipe the knife off between slices and remove excess cheesecake.
Cheesecake Topping Ideas:
- Whipped Cream – Store bought is great or make homemade using heavy whipping cream.
- Mini chocolate chips – Sprinkle a couple of mini chocolate chips on top for an extra sweet treat. The cheesecake chocolate combination is amazing.
- Chocolate Sauce – Drizzle chocolate on top of each slice.
- Strawberry Syrup – You can even drizzle with strawberry sauce or serve it with fresh fruit.
- Cherries – Top with cheesecake with cherries, for a traditional cheesecake topping.
Can I make Cheesecake ahead of time?
This cheesecake can definitely be made ahead of time before serving. This cheesecake will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. This is the perfect dessert to make when you have a lot of baking to do.
We recommend chilling the cheesecake before serving as it slices better.
How to Store:
This cheesecake will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Make sure to cover tightly inside an airtight container so it will stay fresh.
If you are making this for an event, holiday or special occasion, feel free to do this to save time. It is a great way to free up oven space.
Why we Love this Recipe:
- Cookie Crust – One of my favorite cookies is Chocolate Chip. Making into a crust adds so much richness to this cheesecake recipe.
- Cheesecake – The cheesecake filling is so light, rich, and creamy. I love that it combines two of my favorites in every bite.
- Topping – This cheesecake can be topped with many different things. We love to drizzle chocolate on top for added flavor.
- Easy to Make – There is no need to complicate a cheesecake recipe. This recipe is easy to make and the ingredients are simple too. Using a refrigerated cookie dough saves me time and money.
- Show Stopper – This recipe is sure to please and impress your family this holiday season. Change up your classic cheesecake recipe and add chocolate chip cookie crust.
Print Recipe here for Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake
- 1 Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 16 oz
- 2 blocks cream cheese 8 oz each softened room temperature
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 inch springform pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Reserve approximately ⅓ of the cookie dough and place it in the refrigerator.
- Press the remaining cookie dough into the bottom of the springform pan in an even layer. Set the pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar with a hand held mixer on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Then add in the cornstarch and salt.
- Reduce the speed on the mixer to medium and add in the eggs 1 at a time until combined.
- Then gently fold in the sour cream into the cream cheese mixture. Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cookie dough in the spring form pan. Crumble the remaining cookie dough and spread it evenly over the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until the edges of the cheesecake are set and the center is almost set (the center should still be jiggly). Turn the oven off and open the door slightly. Let the cheesecake sit in the oven while it cools down for 30 minutes.
- Then allow the cheesecake to cool completely at room temperature and then refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 2 hours to chill (or overnight).
- When serving, gently run a knife around the outside edge of the cheesecake, then gently remove the edges from the springform pan.
- Then slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe
More Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Cast Iron Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
This looks delicious! I love chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake. I would like if you would convert the cooking time to make miniature cookie cups! Thanks, Jennifer
I am unsure. I would have to test the recipe several times. Thank you