This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Butterscotch Pecan Pie is the perfect fall dessert. The pecan and butterscotch mixture fills a flaky pie crust for the ultimate pecan pie.
Butterscotch Pecan Pie Recipe:
Butterscotch Pecan Pie has become a family favorite Thanksgiving pie recipe. It is loaded with flavor and easy to make. Take you pecan pie up a notch by mixing in butterscotch chips for rich and warm flavors.
During the holidays we make all the traditional pies. Pumpkin pie, chocolate pie and pecan pie is always on the dessert table. Now we add this butterscotch pie because it delicious and loaded with fall flavors.
The flavors of butterscotch and vanilla add so much warm flavors to the pie filling. It is the best pie recipe and it literally melts in your mouth. Add your favorite topping and enjoy a slice today.
You may also love Paula Deen Pecan Pie Recipe.
- Butterscotch Chips
- Butter, melted
- Eggs, lightly beaten
- Light Corn Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Pecan Halves
- Unbaked Pie Crust
How to Make Butterscotch Pecan Pie:
- Step 1 – Heat Oven – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Step 2 – Melt Chocolate Chips – Place the butterscotch chips and butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and combined.
- Step 3 – Stir in Corn Syrup – Let the butterscotch mixture cool slightly. Then stir in the corn syrup, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Step 4 – Add Pecans – Stir in pecans.
- Step 5 – Pour pecan pie filling – Pour into the pie shell.
- Step 6 – Bake Pie – Bake for about 50-60 minutes until the top is slightly browned. The center will not be all the way set.
- Step 7 – Ready to Serve – Allow it to cool for 2 hours on a wire rack. Then the pie is ready to slice, serve and enjoy.
Do you Serve Pie Warm or Cold?
Take your classic pecan pie to the next level by add in melted butterscotch chips. This pie is delicious warm or after been refrigerated. We do recommend allowing the pie to rest after baking for at least 2 hours.
Then it is ready to enjoy with your favorite whipped topping.
- Storing – Before placing the pie in the fridge, make sure the pie has come to room temperature.
- Pie Crust – If you are using a store bought pie crust. There is no need to bake it prior to adding mixture in.
- Melting Butterscotch Chips – Melt the butterscotch chips in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in 30 second intervals until melted. Make sure not to burn or overheat.
- Combining Ingredients – Make sure to allow the mixture to cool completely before adding in the remaining ingredients.
- Baking Pie – Bake the pie for about 50 minutes. The top will be golden brown but the center may not be set. While the pie is resting after removing from the oven, it will continue to cook and the center will be set.
Pecan Pie Topping Ideas:
This pie is delicious topped with your favorite toppings. These are some of our favorites. I like to have different options when serving this pie. Feel free to serve it as is because of the rich and warm flavors.
- Whipped Cream
- Ice Cream
- Caramel Drizzle
- Cool Whip
- Crushed Pecans
- Pie Crust – We used a store bought pie crust for this recipe. But you can easily make a homemade pie crust if you prefer. This 3 ingredient pie dough is easy to make and loaded with flavor.
- Pecans – We halved our pecans to mix into this recipe, but you can also leave them whole. Feel free to toast pecans before mixing into the pie mixture.
Can you Freeze Butterscotch Pecan Pie?
Yes, this pie freezes great and perfect to make ahead of time. You can easily freeze this pie up to 2 months with these tips.
- Cover the pie tightly in plastic wrap and foil.
- Then place inside a freezer bag.
- When ready to serve, allow to thaw in the fridge overnight. Freezing the pie is the perfect option for holidays when you want to do some baking ahead of time.
Make sure the pie is completely cool before storing using either option.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers, covered for up to 4 days. Make sure the pie cool completely before storing in the fridge.
Print Recipe for Butterscotch Pecan Pie:
Butterscotch Pecan Pie
- 1 1/2 cups Butterscotch Chips
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the butterscotch chips and butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until melted and combined.
- Let the butterscotch mixture cool slightly. Then stir in the corn syrup, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes until the top is slightly browned. The center will not be all the way set.
- Allow it to cool for 2 hours. Then the pie is ready to slice, serve and enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe