This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe is a family favorite. This is the perfect summertime pie made with simple ingredients and is light and refreshing.
Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe:
Strawberry Pie with Jello is an amazing, delicious and perfect for any occasion. The strawberry mixture is made with fresh strawberries, Jell-O and more to create and delicious filling.
You will love how it is the perfect amount of sweetness. Topped with whipped cream and served all summer long. You only need a few ingredients and it is easy to make.
Homemade Strawberry Pie is always a crowd favorite. Perfect for Mother’s Day, July 4th celebration and more. This classic pie is one of my favorite pies to make. In less than 15 minutes this pie made and ready to chill.
How to Cut Strawberries for Strawberry Pie:
This pie starts with preparing the strawberries to add with the other ingredients.
- Start by wash and dry the strawberries to prepare to cut them.
- Place the strawberries on a cutting board and cut the stem off.
- Then begin cutting the strawberries in slices. Depending on the size of your strawberries, you can easily get two to three slices per strawberry.
- Pre-made Pie Crust (9 inches)
- Fresh Strawberries
- Granulated Sugar
- Strawberry Jello (3 ounces)
- Whipped Cream (for serving)
How to Make Strawberry Pie Filling:
- Step 1 – Bake Pie Crust – Bake the pie crust based on the package instructions. Then let it cool on a wire rack.
- Step 2 – Prepare Ripe Strawberries – Clean and slice the strawberries. Then place them in the pie crust.
- Step 3 – Stir Ingredients – Stir together the water, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a low boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken. Simmer over medium heat.
- Step 4 – Stir in Jell-O Mix – Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the strawberry Jello mix. Whisk until the mixture is dissolved.
- Step 5 – Cool Mixture – Let the mixture cool for 10-15 minutes. Then pour the mixture over the strawberries in the pie shell.
- Step 6 – Chill Pie – Chill the pie in the refrigerator until the jello mixture is set (approximately 3-4 hours).
- Step 7 – Serve and Enjoy – Then the pie is ready to serve topped with whipped cream. Enjoy!
Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe Tips:
- Remaining Strawberries – If you do not use all the strawberries, use them for other things. Mix them with other berries to make a fruit salad.
- Prepare Pie – Prepare the pie before adding in the strawberries to the pie.
- Preparing Strawberries – Wash and cut the strawberries before adding to the pie crust.
- Cornstarch Mixture – Allow the cornstarch to thicken in a saucepan over medium heat. This will allow the filling to have a thick texture.
- Chill Pie – Allow pie to chill before serving. This is the perfect pie to make ahead of time or at least the night before serving.
- Frozen Strawberries – We do not recommend using frozen strawberries in this recipe. They have a lot of extra moisture that will change the texture of the pie. It will be runny and not taste the same.
How to Keep Crust from Getting Soggy:
Make sure to bake the pie before adding in the strawberry filling. You can even add a egg white glaze when you have about 3 minutes of baking.
This helps to keep the crust from getting soggy when adding in the filling.
The Best Way to Thicken Strawberry Pie Filling:
Cornstarch is the best thicken ingredient to add to pie filling, gravy and soup. Make sure to not skip this ingredient to create a delicious thick and creamy strawberry mixture.
- Graham Cracker Crust – We used a premade crust to make this recipe, but you can easily use different types of crust. A graham cracker crust is a great option. You can also use a homemade crust if you prefer.
- Fresh Berries – If you want to add more berries to this strawberry pie, that is a great option. We recommend add in blueberries or raspberries with the strawberries. You may need to add less strawberries to make sure everything fits in the crust.
- Lemon Juice – Feel free to add in fresh squeeze lemon juice to the strawberry mixture. It gives it a hint of lemon flavor. It makes the perfect combination.
- Jell-O – Feel free to change the Jell-O mix if you are using different berries or fruit. You can also use sugar free Jell-O.
- Cup Sugar – We add in about ¾ cup of sugar to add more sweetness. Feel free to a sugar substitute to meet your dietary needs.
Do you Bake Crust before Adding Strawberry Filling?
Pre baking pie crust is very important when making this pie. The strawberry filling does not bake after adding to the pie crust.
Make sure to bake the pie according to the instruction on the package while in the pie dish.
How to Serve Strawberry Pie:
Slice and top each serving with whipped cream. You can use cool whip or make Homemade Whipped Cream. If you have extra berries, add a few for garnish. This strawberry pie is both eye pleasing and delicious.
We prefer to top each serving with whipped cream instead of the entire pie. This makes it easy to store the pie if you don’t plan to serve the entire pie at once.
We have even have served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How to Store Leftovers:
Refrigerate the leftovers covered for up to 4-5 days. As the pie is stored, the pie crust could get a little mushy.
Print Recipe for Strawberry Pie:
- 1 Pre-made Pie Crust 9 inches
- 4 cups Fresh Strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 pkg Strawberry Jello 3 ounces
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- Whipped Cream for serving
- Bake the pie crust based on the package instructions and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Clean and slice the strawberries. Then place them in the pie crust.
- Stir together the water, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a low boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the strawberry Jello mix. Whisk until the mixture is dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool for 10-15 minutes and then pour the mixture over the strawberries in the pie crust.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator until the jello mixture is set (approximately 3-4 hours).
- Then the pie is ready to serve topped with whipped cream. Enjoy!
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe