This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Blueberry pie bites are the perfect bite size dessert. They are packed with lots of delicious blueberry filling in a flaky crust. The best part is they are so simple to make.
Blueberry pie bites
Everyone loves pie but let’s face it, it can take awhile to make a pie from scratch. We have the perfect solution with these amazing little Blueberry Pie Bites.
It is truly the best lazy day pie recipe. Start to finish, this recipe can be ready in less than 20 minutes.
You can get all the flavors of blueberry pie in a fun bite. There isn’t any crust to make because you use crescent rolls. And everyone loves crescent rolls.
This makes the recipe so flaky and delicious. The inside is overflowing with blueberry pie filling. Last but not least, the top gets drizzled with a powdered sugar glaze.
The glaze has just a hint of lemon juice that goes so well with the blueberries. It’s light and sweet without being too heavy. I think the glaze really takes this dessert to the next level.
Ingredients you need
- Crescent Roll Dough
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice – Sometimes I also add a little lemon zest.
How to make blueberry pie bites
- First, preheat the oven to 375.
- While the oven is preheating, prepare the pan. Spray the mini muffin pan with cooking spray. You can also use parchment paper if you prefer.
- Next, unroll and separate the dough.
- Then put one triangle into each cup and fill with a tablespoon of pie filling. You can load them up, and it will not hurt a thing.
- Finally, fold the 2 shorter ends together on the top and pull the longer end over those. This will keep all of the delicious pie filing inside.
- Now bake the blueberry pie bites for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow the pie bites to cool completely on a baking sheet.
- While they cool, make the glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Once cool, transfer the pie bites to a wire rack and drizzle with the delicious glaze mixture.
How to store
- Store at room temperature inside an airtight container with plastic wrap. They will keep up to 3 to 4 days.
- Store in the fridge inside an airtight container and they will last about a week.
How to freeze:
- Allow to cool completely before freezing.
- Flash freeze on a baking sheet for an hour until they are frozen solid.
- Put inside an airtight container in the freezer.
Can you freeze before baking?
- Yes. This is a great time saver and perfect for the holidays.
- Make the pie bites as directed but do not bake them. Flash freeze on a baking sheet until frozen solid. This normally takes an hour.
- Once frozen solid, store inside an airtight container and put in the freezer.
- Allow to thaw at room temperature when ready to bake. Then bake at 350 for 13 to 15 minutes.
Tips for mini blueberry pie recipe:
- It’s optional but you can lightly coat the mini pies with egg wash before baking if you prefer.
- You can also use a pizza cutter to cut the crescent rolls.
- It’s so simple to make each one because you use a muffin pan. I like to use the silicone muffin pans and clean up is a breeze.
- I like to use a wire rack to let the pie bites finish cooling. This is perfect to drizzle the icing and the excess can run off. If you don’t have these, I would certainly recommend it. We do a ton of baking and wire racks are super handy.
- Try other types of pie filling. Strawberry, cherry and apple pie filling make great substitutions. I think even pumpkin would be yummy.
- Chocolate – Skip the fruit and put a few chocolate chips in the crescents for filling.
- You can skip the glaze. Sprinkle the pie bites with powdered sugar.
- Fresh and frozen Blueberries. You can use fresh blueberry or frozen fruit instead of pie filling. Place a couple of blueberries on the crescent rolls and sprinkle with a little bit of sugar.
- Crumble topping. If you have a few extra minutes, there is a good recipe for crumble topping that you might like. These little bites pack a lot of goodness in each tasty mini pie.
- Full size muffin tin. Feel free to make regular size pie bites with a regular muffin tin.
- Pie Crust – Substitute pie crust for crescent rolls.
This is the best Blueberry Pie recipe for a lazy day!
We love recipes that pack in all the flavor of the things we love but without all the work. I’m so excited to add these amazing Mini Blueberry Pies to our lazy day line up of easy and delicious recipes.
Print this Easy Mini blueberry pie recipe:
Blueberry pie bites
- 1 can Crescent Roll Dough
- ½ can Blueberry Pie Filling(21 oz )
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Unroll and separate dough.
- Place one triangle into each cup and fill with a tablespoon of pie filling (you can load them up, and it will not hurt a thing).
- Fold 2 shorter ends together on the top and pull longer end over those.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice(adding 1 tbsp at a time) until smooth.
- Transfer cooled bites to wire rack and drizzle with glaze mixture.
Pin This Now to Remember It LaterPin Recipe